Halloween and Some Advice!

Bigfoot15

I haven't posted on the everybody forum yet so this is my first here. Wanted to post on this one cause I would like a male and female opinion. I have been wearing heels for quite some time but just started venturing out side. I don't cross dress, I just enjoy wearing high heels as a man. Haven't discussed my heel wearing preference with my wife although I thinks she suspects I like wearing them. While shopping online I had written some order numbers down for heels on a note pad and she saw them and asked was I buying heels for myself. Since she wears heels also and I have bought her some heels in the past it could have been for her but she seemed pretty quick to assume they were for me. She has in the past, when I tried to hint about me wearing heels, expressed a non-supportive opinion of me. in heels.
We have been invited to a Halloween party and are starting to discuss costume options. In the past we have dressed as a couple. I haven't said anything yet but my idea was to go as Sonny and Cher. Me being Cher and my wife Sonny. This would be a good chance to wear heels out.  I'm quite a bit taller than my wife and I think it would be a hoot.

Here is the advice part I am looking for. should I use Halloween as a stepping stone to express my desires. What advice could ya'll give me to express this to my wife and not hurt my marriage. 

• Like 1

Wearing heels for Halloween is like wearing them for sex. If you do either, your wife will associate your heels with those activities and you will have locked yourself out of the chance of wearing heels everyday. So I advise you to disassociate heels with Halloween (and sex) and go in a different direction if you want to keep alive the chance that you could wear heels out in public on a daily basis.

The trick with most women is to keep them in their comfort zone. If she's negative, start small, with boots or loafers or clogs that are masculine or unisex, and take baby steps, keeping her comfortable. If she says no, back off, wear them just indoors with her, etc. Over time she'll get used to you in those shoes, and if you can push the envelope and wear them out, and she sees that no one notices, that will boost your chances of her acceptance. But remember, she's #1 and heels are (a distant) #2.

So go slowly. It's a long journey. It took me 20 years and involved lots of compromises, but in the end it was worth it! I pretty much wear what I want now.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Steve

• Like 1

Halloween might not be a bad time to crack open the door. Depends on how the discussion goes. Mentioning the heels are kinda fun and you wonder if you could find a more masculine style to try out, etc.

• Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 1 month later...

When she asked if you buying heels for yourself, what did you say?  What was her mood and/or facial expression when the question was asked?  Seems like she already has an inkling and Halloween or not, it might be a good time to have that discussion.  

Good luck, and let us know what happens.