Vogue Fashion Night - what to wear

freestyle75

Hi everyone,

this Friday, there is the Vogue Fashion Night happening at a location nearby where I live. Fashion minded people will dress up and visit designer stores along one of the most prestigious shopping streets in that city - mostly around the evening (starting at around 7 p.m.). Temperatures are expected to be at around 19-13 degrees Celsius (67 - 55 °F).

Some of the time will be spent within shops, some waiting before shops to be let in, and later that evening probably in a club or a fancy bar.

I wanted to dress up similar to the current Gucci fall/winter collection:

outfit_02_zpsqgmbpiok.jpg

As I don't want to spend that much cash on a silk Gucci shirt/blouse (well... the menwear this fall is basically a bigger size cut womenswear blouse), I placed an order for a silk blouse for half the price at Tory Burch today (I also like the bordeaux color much more than Gucci's signal red), which should be delivered tomorrow. I already have (even nicer) wide legged trousers with a slight satin finish from Paco Rabanne and boots that would match as well:

outfit_01_zpsniwkyy36.jpg

But I am not so sure about what to wear on top (blazer, jacket, etc.) - most of my blazers are not cut that narrow, and also aren't matching very well to the satin-like finish of the trousers, so they look quite odd. The only one that I am not sure about is the velvet blazer that I have from Savile Row, which would be in contrast to the satin trousers. Do you think that this would work?

What type of jacket or coat would you wear? -- most of the jackets I own are either too thick (winter-coats/jackets) or too casual. Mind you: This is a shopping event, so I can go there without a jacket and buy one that matches, but I am currently lacking ideas of what type of jacket would really fit such an already "posh" type of outfit which would not be too warm or too cold at 55° F later that evening. Any ideas?

Edited by freestyle75

Love that outfit. I have a soft spot for burgundy, crimson and the like. Love the blouse and pants. I think velvet can go with the satin pants, but to me velvet always says winter. I think velvet and very shiny pants like leather can also work well, because of the high contrast. I think i'd go for more of a twill jacket or even leather/faux leather.