Training for 18 cm heels

GrayLion

I just accidentally bought a pair of 18cm heels (yes, accidentally, they were labelled as 15cm ... This is way beyond my current comfort zone, which is 11cm. So I am following ballt heel trining advice: Wear them sitting down. Do not try to get up. Take off when they start hurting too much. Repeat process the next day. Extend duration. Eventually attempt 3 steps while holding on to something and then return. slowly extend your range. 

Oh and I am a Size 45 / 10.5 UK / 15 Ladies' US

Edited by GrayLion
  • Like 1

I'm thinking that your foot measurement from the back of the heel to the toe side of the ball joints is close to 20cm, which is enough to achieve being able to walk in your 18cm high heels after some effort and familiarization. Have you been able to position your feet so that the top of the foot is as vertically straight and inline to continue the same line as the front of your lower legs? Please keep us informed on how your training is coming along!

... Oh and I am a Size 45 / 10.5 UK / 15 Ladies' US

Really?   I agree that UK10.5 is often equivalent to Eu45, but USW13 (or possibly 14 in a very high heel) would be a more likely conversion.   Which country are you in, and what men's size would you normally buy in that country?

• 3 weeks later...

18cm heels? Did you by any chance happen to buy them in Germany? For some strange reason 18cm heels seem very popular based upon German webshops. As for sizing its seems to be all over the place. 14 US is sometimes anywhere between EU44 to 46. Although more often then not it seems to be UK12.

Personally I've tried walking in shoes like that but like with ballet heels I can't straighten my ankles no matter what I try. It would seem that depending on the shoe type/brand 16cm (no platforms) is my maximum.