Vancouver

Steve63130

This past week my wife and I took some vacation time in Vancouver. Lovely city, but it rained all week, every day! That didn't stop us from having fun, though.

We met with our friends from Scotland, D and D, with whom we've been on holiday every year or two since our first time in 2007. He's a very infrequent lurker here, but we actually met online in 2002 because he's a customer of mine, and he made the mistake of saying if you're ever in Scotland, look me up, so in 2007 we did! We actually hit it off very well and his wife is accepting of his odd choice in footwear. He is a private heeler, or so I thought. He surprised me this trip!

We also met with Mtnsofheels and his charming gal pal on Friday and Saturday. They were in Vancouver for the weekend and we arranged to meet up. We visited 6-8 shoe stores, mostly on Robson Street, the fashion avenue of Vancouver. We didn't find any shoes we couldn't live without, but we had a lot of fun shopping, dining, and sharing time together. It's always fun getting together with other heelers, but Mtnsofheels is an extraordinary guy, and if you're ever in British Columbia, look him up!

Attached is a photo of Mtnsofheels and me. He's on the left wearing his Fluevog wedge boots with about a 3.5 or 4 inch heel, and I'm on the right in my black White Mountain "Gleeful" sandals with a clog-style heel and sole that is about 3" high. I'm also wearing Activskin Style A129 ultrasheer knee highs. The photo was taken by D on the ferry over to Granville Island.

A second photo was taken by my wife of the three guys in heels. Mtnsofheels (right) is in a different pair of Fluevog boots, and D (center) is in a pair of 3" stiletto open-toe pumps. I'm on the left in the same sandals as before. I thought D was private heeler but he showed me he had more courage than I thought! It was kind of a funny experience. The six of us walked to a restaurant that night, and the three guys were walking ahead of the three gals. The guys were all in heels and the gals were all in flats. Ironic to say the least! And, if you're interested, we didn't see any iDrops or people staring or even noticing. Certainly nobody said anything. A great time was had by all.

Steve

post-4071-0-82566200-1441210514_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-54510400-1441210684_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,  Glad to hear that all of you had a nice time..  With cool pics to prove it.  But I missed all the fun!!

Take care....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 1 month later...