Heels (Over 5") And Comfort....

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend you some 4 or 6 inches AV heels, mine came in the other day and feel really good so far. But anyway you should consider leather for comfort, especially when you are buying 5"-6" and higher heels...:)

I'd never even heard of AV Heels until seeing your post. Their shoes are gorgeous! How are you finding them? Good quality, comfort? They're not outrageous for really nice stilettos.

I can recommend you some 4 or 6 inches AV heels, mine came in the other day and feel really good so far. But anyway you should consider leather for comfort, especially when you are buying 5"-6" and higher heels...:)

Gorgeous heels indeed. Sadly though nothing above size 40EU. :cry:

I'd never even heard of AV Heels until seeing your post. Their shoes are gorgeous! How are you finding them? Good quality, comfort? They're not outrageous for really nice stilettos.

They are very comfortable and well priced for the quality. My friend recommended them and I was actually really surprised, I think they might be a new brand but I defiantly like their design and fit. So many colors, Ive been thinking about getting another pair soon.))

Depends on if you have wide feet. I've got a pair in size13US, said to be 44EU and I think its too big for me in length, but in width it pinches my feet at the instep (?). I only have that problem at their models like the one you posted. No such problems with courts or boots.

• 1 month later...

It is very strange: i find this model very beautiful and at the same time, i don't like it....

I don't like it because, they are too feminine (!), peep-toe, slingback, patent leather, black and white... These are more smart/party shoes than everyday ones...

They are in leather, 5" heel (but with platform), Faith brand, BUT, the best: The arch is perfect for my feet (no tiresome for my feet)!

Enjoy the pic!

Now, i'm searching same conmfort without platform!

IMG_0006.JPG

No wonder they're comfortable for your feet. Eliminate the extra height from the platform and you're only walking a 4" heel shoe. My grandmother could still walk in those. There's two reasons why I dislike platforms, first, they're ugly as hell, giving the wearer the look of having club feet. And secondly, eliminate the platforms and 99% of the time you're left with a 4" heeled shoe. Too low for my taste. It allowed people to pretend that they wore 'killer heels' when actually what they really wore were granny heels.

Anyway, if you want the same comfort without platforms and I assume the same 5" height it will be tough. The extra height will change the arch and thus the comfort level. Plus the rarity of what you want will mean you will have to settle for what's available rather then have your pick.

You are  wrong, comfort is not totally depending of the height heel: the main criteria of comfort is arch....

You can have comfort in 5 inch heels and have pain in 3" heel... I owned so many heels (around 150 pairs) from flat to 7 3/4" without platforme, so i know what i say)

All is depending of the arch:

Is the arch of the shoe is "fommowing/sticking" at your arch feet, bingo! You can wear all height you want....

That's why, Pleaser Seduce 420 (5" heel) are very comfy, but i want to buy other brand/style.

I'm afraid there are no way to know without tryings... I'll have a look at Prada, Jimmy Choo and other brand...

It is not just comfort, for some of us our feet just don't bend that far. I can easily do a three inch heel but a four inch is my limit. My ankle will not bend any farther so I can stand up straight.

2 hours ago, wilecoyote said:

It depends of the foot size ;-)

For me, i think Daily wearable limit is around 5", for party, maybe i can go up to 6 but at 5.5 it is a bit difficult (Due to the shoes or the height? I don't know)

Seriously, a six inch heel with no platform? What six are you feet? I wear a womans 10 and like I said, a three inch heel is comfortable, a four is pushing the limit, no platform. There is no physical way I can wear a taller heel with no platform. My ankles will not bend, (or maybe straighten, depending how you look at it), any farther.

I wear 10/11 US Women too.

For me, 3" is like flat i feel nothing.

4" is my comfort height, 5" I think it is possible, 6", only if i have not to walk a lot.

My anckle hurts me aroud 6.75/7.

The reason i opened this thread is i would have experience from the member concerning 5" comfy heel (and over if it is possible).

I opened another thread (unsuccessfull) for choosing heels for me (i'll pay), but nobody want to try...

I wish I had more flexibility in my ankles. I look at pics with some gal wearing six inch heels and the top of her foot is bent back from vertical, her toes are directly below her ankle, just kills me I envy the look so much. I have tried to stretch my ankles but have hit a dead end, I can not go any farther.

On 12/15/2015 at 6:35 AM, Chorlini said:

There's two reasons why I dislike platforms, first, they're ugly as hell, giving the wearer the look of having club feet. And secondly, eliminate the platforms and 99% of the time you're left with a 4" heeled shoe. Too low for my taste. It allowed people to pretend that they wore 'killer heels' when actually what they really wore were granny heels.

Really? I find it odd reading some threads posted here on HHP the dislike for platform heels. I have many pairs of single sole heels and platforms and I love them all. The platforms range from 1/2" to 2" with the total heel height of 6". Yes, I agree 6" heel minus 2" platform = 4" heel, not even close to wearing a 4" heel in my opinion. The highest single sole heel I own is 5 1/2", no where as comfortable as my 6" platforms. I love the look and feel of wearing my 6" platforms with a nice pair of jeans which are cut just right to show the shoe.  

• Like 1

It would be a boring world if we all liked and disliked the same styles. That's the challenge of marketing - to come up with designs that attract sufficient buyers.

I caution everyone here to be tolerant of others' tastes. You may not like what someone else likes, but please be respectful of him or her.

Steve

• Like 1

I agree opinions and tastes are like elbows.....everyone has one. Not everyone is going to have the same "style". I myself like the look of a platform mule or sandal with polished toenails. Put them with the right jeans and I think you have a "hot" look. JMO.

22 hours ago, HHCraziness said:

Really? I find it odd reading some threads posted here on HHP the dislike for platform heels. I have many pairs of single sole heels and platforms and I love them all. The platforms range from 1/2" to 2" with the total heel height of 6". Yes, I agree 6" heel minus 2" platform = 4" heel, not even close to wearing a 4" heel in my opinion. The highest single sole heel I own is 5 1/2", no where as comfortable as my 6" platforms. I love the look and feel of wearing my 6" platforms with a nice pair of jeans which are cut just right to show the shoe.  

Totally agree my "go to" dinner date shoes are a nude peep-toe pump 6in heel 1 1/2in platform and I love them look great with jeans and a nice dress shirt