New Boots!

bootlover78

Im really happy right now... my wife and I foudn some great deals on Ebay last week and bought 3 new pairs of boots.  2 have already come in!  I dont have pics unfortunately, but they are Nine West Fairvinda in brown, Nine West Getta in black, and Thursday my dream boots will finally arrive, Jessica Simpson Yana in tan.  I can't tell you how long I have lusted over those Yana boots, then to finally find a pair in my size 11 for a decent price was unheard of, especially since most JS models stop at 10 and Yana was one of the very first models from JS and has long since been discontinued.  The Yanas were new in box too!  Fairvinda was new in box, but display models, the Gettas were display no box and some scratches on the left boot toe.  Anyhow, Im super excited to finally have some decent brand boots besides my Pleasers.

The Nine West boots fit true to size.  The Fairvinda I was able to get an 11, but the Getta was 10.5 and a little snug.  I think after some wear they will loosen up.  One thing I found was while waiting for them to come in, some sites like Macys and Nordstroms had them listed as leather, while other sites, including the ebay seller had them as synthetic.  The stamp inside the boot is man-made material, so my question would be, are the high end retailers trying to pass them off as authenitc leather, or are there two different versions?

So my JS boots came in today.  Sorry no pics, but I have to say these are interesting boots.  The leather on the shafts is much thicker than expected.  Also the heel is much steeper than it looks.  The foot part is comfortable to stand in, but makes the back of my calves very tense.  The steepness makes me think of my 5" Pleaser Legends, but without the discomfort in the balls of my feet.

Yeah, some JS boots come in leather along with man made materials, you have to ask usually on ebay.  I lucked out and got mine in leather for only $65, I have never tried Yanas so don't know about the fit/feel, just know they look great and I want a pair!  Would love a pair of those JS cowboy boots too, but they usually command big bucks and near impossible to find in size 11.

I like the first pair. I think guys look better not in stilettos. The third pair has a bit of a problem in that the back of the one on the left (your right foot) sticks out past where the bottom of the shaft starts. It looks odd, like a leather sock inside a pair of oversize pumps.

Steve

It's the design of the boot...

http://www.amazon.com/Nine-West-Womens-Getta-Leather/dp/B00CMB9OLQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1438893827&sr=1-1&keywords=nine+west+getta+boot

The front and back both are like a bootie with a shaft attched after the fact.  It looks much worse in that picture than in sales pictures.  Im not the most happy with them, but at $10, I couldnt pass them up. (in fact I got both pairs of Nine West boots for under $30 AFTER shipping! The JS boots were triple that)

As far as what looks good etc, Im not huge into fashion.  I only dress in my own home and I dont try to be a passable crossdresser, just buy and wear things I think would be fun and/or comfortable.  My wife doesnt mind as long as Im comfortable, in fact she has bought me half my current wardrobe (which doesnt add up to a whole lot to be honest) only because I cant put an outfit together to save my life.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I agree the sales pics look much better. But I also agree that $10 is a bargain. Enjoy them!

I still like the first pair best. You could wear those in public without a problem (other than your wife's opinion) if you wanted to.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...