What's In Your Handbag?

JeffB

I'm not sure if I've ever done a thread like this before, but I thought it'd be fun to elicit opinions from anyone and everyone here who carries a handbag in public like I do, and what you have in yours. I've been carrying handbags in public for years now, heck, I've said in my Jaunts thread that I don't feel dressed unless I'm toting a purse, and yes, I'm a stickler for making sure my bag matches my shoes. Here's what I regularly keep in mine:

--wallet

--cellphone

--car keys

--house keys

--packet of tissues

--small change pouch

--ink pen (I have pens in ALL my bags)

--sunglasses

--Barnes & Noble nook (e-reader, occasionally)

That's my list. So, what's in your bag?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have a computer bag for my Acer Aspire One. Lots of keys, Plant access security cards, Meds, MP3, Laptop, Geek stuff, and my wallet at work.

I've had coworkers joke about my man bag, but I remind them that sitting on a wallet 3" thick isn't a good thing.

In my main handbag:

• Credit cards and cash
  • Drivers License and Insurance cards
  • Camera and extra batteries
  • Pens
  • Keys
  • Lipstick
  • Glasses
  • Gloves
  • Antique Compass
  • Swiss Army Knife
  • A lot of small junk that has settlre to the bottom

When I change handbags from my main one I transfer:

• Credit cards and cash
  • Drivers License
  • Camera
  • Keys

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

In my man bag I have

Always:

Extra plastic carrier bags

Medication

Small umbrella

Sometimes:

Jacket for wearing in the evening

Lunch/drink

Keys

Anything I buy while shopping.

Oh, yeah! Forgot about a small umbrella which i simply move from one bag to another if I switch colors. Thanks for mentioning that, hh4evr1!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just a computer bag for me:

- MacBook Pro

- Power cord

- Super drive

- Earbuds

- The current book that I'm reading

- Assorted flying magazines

- Wallet

- Keys

- Pocket knife

- Kleenex packet

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I have about three handbags that i carry regularly. The largest one allows me to carry a Macbook Air in it. Other than that i am usually carrying:

- mobile phone

- car and office keys 

- wallet

- USB thumb drives

- earbud headphones

- Mascara

- Eyeliner

- Lip gloss and or neutral lipstick (I'm getting steadily braver on the makeup area)

-coverup

- Meds 

- Sunglasses if i'm not wearing them

- occasionally an iPad air mini

No handbag - a rucksack for me: notebook, pencils, iPad and/or Kindle, Tube map, railway timetable, wallet, railcard, tissues, keys, compact camera, mobile phone, water bottle, packet of Werthers 

No handbag for me, keys left pocket, small amount of cash and a mini dual band transceiver in right pocket, cash debit card in rear pocket that's it, cell phone stays at home or in the car I am not a slave to a phone like many nowadays. If anybody wants me they can get me on the radio and it does not cost anything.

life is not a rehearsal

when I carry one I have these items in it,

car/house keys, cellphone, small hairbrush, nail file, a bottle of whatever nail polish I'm wearing, and a back pair of shoes depending on the destination to allow for changing conditions. One may wear wedges or flats in the car and want to change into pumps or something with a stiletto heel depending on the occasion. HappyinHeels

I have noticed that most gals carry a small clutch purse in their shoulder purse for credit cards and cash.  I have been using compartments in my shoulder purse designed for cards and cash but always found it inconvenient.  Today I got a clutch purse and transferred my cards, license, and cash into the clutch and I think it is going to work much better then toe previous arrangement especially when I change purses.

post-530-0-82301100-1437233801_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

I,ve just found a Handbag in my attic. Must of been from the prevous owner of the flat. Seems to be in good condition and leather to. Apart a letter there was nothing else in it. I don't use a handbag as such but I do own one and it has my tights in it.Only bought the Handbag for a fetish club I went to sometime ago.