2 Day Drive. What To Wear

More like a very long day and a half day drive to OKC. Thinking about going very bold and wear sandals. I could it if I took off the toe polish but I don't want to. Also thinking about doing my fingernails black just for the first day.

Here are the pics of my choices. The first pair are my Fredericks black wedge.

The second is what I have worn in the past and would be my default pair. These are Colin stuarts. These are the ones that "broke" my feet as in after 16 hrs my big toe now conforms to woman's shoes. Best thing that ever happened. No more "big toe bulge". Actually I can't believe I can wear those. Next was a last minute thought after digging thru my closet. I have never really worn these but I do love them. They are called chandler.

next are my bakers but I call them my Leah remini's. Not really in the running.

last is my avatar shoes. They are getting heels put on right now. These would be pretty bold because of the open toe.

I usually try to wear something I do t normally wear to drive in.

The second day I will probably wear what I have had one the past 3 days. 15 hrs in them yesterday. These shoes are kind of hard on my feet in that feet hurt more after taking them off.

I forgot the last pair of pumps. Yeah they were orange when I got them but I changed the color. I love these pumps and have spent many hrs in them including doing this drive. Boy they were really tight when put them on the other night. I think they shrunk.

This is going to be one of those days that I hate. I even where I feel like could have worn something better.

post-2198-0-31261800-1435755010_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-72141200-1435755067_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-22711500-1435755112_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-29865600-1435755193_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-14672600-1435755434_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-88811300-1435755468_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Go for it! If you enjoy wearing heels, you might as well get out in them. My thought is why pay good money for shoes that you only wear inside? Plus.... It is summertime, to me summertime equals sandal time. I imagine it is hot / warm out in the Midwest, enjoy the warm weather by wearing some nice sandals. You will have a great time - have fun!!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Go for it - - I do.

I wear a variety of differnt heels when I'm on the road. Stop and get gas, get lunch, check in at the hotel/motel.

It's one thing I like about traveling especially when I'm by myself. I can wear anything I want, and nobody will ever see me again in most cases.

Good advice and don't worry about showing your pedi. Lots of us do that. I hardly ever get any comments or looks. Just do your thing with confidence and it will get easier and easier.

Steve

Right now I have 16 pairs picked out to go. That would be 1 pair every 2 days. I don't see that happening.

I got my avatar shoes back yesterday. That Did Not Help Me Decide What To wear.

4 days in the brn wedges. Another very long day yesterday. They were ready to come off last night. I can tell today they have been on quite a lot.

The last pair of black pumps with the scalloped sides - now those are the real deal.  Good luck on your choice for the trip

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I like the Colin Stewart booties but be sure to make sure the area under the pedals is clean and you might even put an extra pad (towel, rug) where the back of your heels will rest.  You don't want to scuff up whatever shoes you chose.  I'd also take a couple of pair of shoes, even a pair of flats give your feet a break on a long drive.  But then driving in heels is a lot different then walking in heels.  Just be sure your feet are comfortable.  I have driven from Cincinnati to Florida and also Cincinnati to D.C. wearing thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels and thoroughly enjoyed the trips.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

They all look nice on you, Heels2U.

I especially like the sandals and peep toe's. Your pedi looks great on you. Don't be afraid to show your pedi off. My ped is in bright red and I'm always wearing sandals to show my pedi off.

Enjoy your trip!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

16 hrs driving.

Today I put on the old slingbacks.

They are pretty old and were used when I got them. BTW I love used shoes. As soon as I got out of the elevator and hit the tile floor the heel tip came off. Guess you know what a metal heel on tile sounds like.

I still had breakfast in them.

At first I went to the pointy boots I planed on wearing but then I went back to my avatar shoes. I checked in moved into my room and went to Walmart. Spent quite a while in there and now I am at schlotzskys.

No one ever looked while in Walmart but then I was mostly behind a buggy. Even tried to let a few people see just to see the reaction. BTW the nails went without mention. I was really surprised. No second looks. Really no first looks. I am going to do weekends here in black nails.

The avatar heels have been rough on the feet today. Lots of walking and my feet have been sweaty so they are sliding alot. I wish the open toe was a little smaller. There is a little rubbing going on.

Thinking I may wear the pointy boots for the trip home. That will be 20 hrs non stop.

post-2198-0-13361900-1436227736_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-82799100-1436227778_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-48620400-1436227812_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-13499900-1436227843_thumb.jp

Heels2u,

I'm not surprised that you have had no reaction to your nails. I have been wearing nail polish for 4 years and although I don't wear black, I wear copper, bronze, silver, and dusky rose satin, which I think are fairly noticeable, but not as obvious as reds. In all that time I have had only two (2) people notice and say anything (the first was a compliment from a woman in my eye doctor's office and the second was just an inquiry from a male friend of Bluejay when I visited him). So my nails are all but invisible, which is fine with me, as it's given my wife a lot of confidence to let me wear nail polish, which I've grown to love.

Steve

I had the Fredericks wedge sandals on today at walmart. Thus time the left one came apart. I had fixed the right one and was worried the left may come apart and it did.

With long jeans it almost looked like I had on flip flops.

In class today. May be limited to what I wear.

No they don't but I still like them.

Thinking about getting a pedicure with French nails. Problem is my toes look horrible from too much polish.

I have never seen so many nail places.