First Time With Heels In Public

Cl0setheels

Yet another one of these topics (maybe there should be a sticky for first outings?) but just wanted to share mu recent experience.

Last weekend i've been to Antwerp for shopping with a female friend. We've been shopping there before (I love New Look! ;-) ) but the previous times I thought about wearing heels but ended up wearing flats. This time I decided I should wear heels. I've been wanting to go out in heels for so long and my friend doesn't mind at all what I wear. As long as I feel comfortable. So I brought two pairs of heels and had her decide which ones where the smartest to wear and looked the best. She chose a pair of Dr Martens. I've added two pictures of the shoes I was wearing (with the same jeans coincidentally).

After driving to Antwerp I changed into the heels in the parking garage and we went to the city centre. For once my friend was walking faster than me since I was almost only used to walking on heels inside. Only did some walks outside in deserted nature area's. When we got out of the parking garage I was glad I chose the thicker heel since it was all cobblestones. At first it was all a little scary, especially when we went to a store with a game store across it and there where a lot of loud youngsters outside. But no looks or comments at all. So that calmed me down quite a bit. The rest of the experience was quite uneventfull actually. My friend told me a couple of people noticed but didn't give me a second look.

What was quite fun is that I ran into another guy at New Look shopping for heels with a female friend. They both noticed me wearing heels and we exchanged smiles. Didn't engage in a conversation though. The way he was strutting around in the heels showed that it wasn't his first time either. It was a nice encounter none the less!

So my conclusion after this experience, going out is fun and nowhere near as scary as I thought! I surely will be doing it again (in more feminine heels).

post-4974-0-94270000-1430926051_thumb.jp

post-4974-0-50680600-1430926065_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I like the cut of the jean.

A jean that would come down to the top of your foot and NOBODY would ever know you have on heels.

I use to do the changing in the car thing. Just put them on at home in the morning and go about your day. Like I said a longer jean and no one will motice.

If the heels make noise do like I do. Remove the sole on the heel and fill it with silicon then have rubber heels put on.

I was up front with my shoe cobbler about the heels being mine so there were no awkward moments of him wondering who they were for and me pretending they were not mine. It's easier than you think.

I did the same with my sales girl at dillards.

Ah... another great story about the world not ending.

It sounds like you had a great time especially with a friend.  In all the times I have been out I have never seen another guy in heels.  It must have been nice to know that you weren't alone.

Just out of curiosity, what was the pair your friend didn't chose?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

@HEELS2U

I changed them in the car because I don't feel safe driving in heels. I wouldn't want longer jeans because I like the shoe to be visible (for myself). And my friend was wearing Dr. Martens heels as well so she masked the sound. :cheeky:

@Thighbootguy

Attached a picture of the other heels I brought. They are very comfortable and easy to walk in but she advised the larger heel due to the cobblestones. When I got out of the parking garage I was happy I took her advice! :fine:

It sure was nice to see another guy there. He was there with a (very good looking) female companion as well. He bought a pair of nude platforms that I've bought in pink the previous time we where there. :fine:

I forgot to mention one of the most important things in my initial message, of course I bought another pair of heels. :wink: They are kind of YSL sandal like, I will post some pics soon.

post-4974-0-53012900-1430939703_thumb.jp

Hi MrPump. I live in the north (Groningen).

I felt the same way but during and after it was nowhere as scary as I thought and I just enjoyed it. My friend told me I walked pertty good on them and I couldn't stop looking at myself in the shop windows to verify. ;)

• Like 1

You really should have gone up to the guy trying on heels and struck up a conversation:

"Hi, I'm <first name> and I see you're shopping for high heels, too. I'm glad to see another guy doing that. Are your from around here?"

Or something like that. Maybe he saw you, too, and would have liked to have met you? Maybe not. Never hurts to offer to chat and see.

Thanks for posting about your time in public. It gets easier every time and pretty soon you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago!

Steve

Good to hear about your public outing with heels :cheeky:

Do you still have the Jeffrey Campbell boots? Might be worth wearing those out or the New Look chunky boots you have too!

I agree with having a friend with you. I suppose that the strength in numbers applies to heeling as well. For those who have that friend you defiantly have something special. I know that from my own experiences that I am more comfortable with someone with me. Keep up the outings and it does get easier as you go along.

You are probably safe with someone else with you while wearing heels. If you are with a woman while wearing heels then, by all accounts, you are bulletproof. Get out there and keep enjoying life! HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Cl0setheels,

Wow, great story and what a fantastic friend you have.  I was just beaming with happiness for you as I read your story.

Though I too prefer the thinner heeled shoes from your second picture post I have to believe that you chose the right shoes for cobble stones.  The Mary Janes that you chose are not too bad for reasonable shoes too.  They are certainly feminine and cute as well.

What a great time and I am looking forward to reading about more of your adventures.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

@ HeeledSlides

Thank you! Hope I'll have more experiences like this. Groeten terug! (Greetings back! :cheeky: good to see more fellow Dutchies here)

@AZShoeNut

Thank you! I'm very happy with my friend. She always has been very supportive. And thank you for the comment about the shoes. I like them both (otherwise I wouldn't have gotten them ;)) I hope I have more 'adventures' to report soon.

I attached a picture of the shoes I bought during this trip. Got them at New Look and they kinda reminded me of YSL sandals. :-)

post-4974-0-72694000-1431362070_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Very nice, ClOsetheels.  I think you made the right choice.  Nice to have a female companion - that makes things much easier I believe.  Now, going out in those new sandals will be a bit more of a challenge!

Good for you C10setheels, that is great that you got out and wore some heels with your friend. What good opportunity to explore and shop in heels and get another pair of sandals which look really nice as well. Also great to see another male enjoying some heels and shopping too! So liberating to express oneself, and certainly nicer having a female friend along too. Looking forward hearing about your next challenges with the new pair or your JC Boots. Enjoy!

Thank you for the positive comments!

Couldn't agree more. Having her with me gives me a lot of confidence. Especially because it doesn't matter to her at all, she's fine with almost everything as long as I'm relaxed and happy with it. She even wouldn't mind if I chose to wear hot pink pumps. ;)

I don't think it would be smart to go out in my new sandals since I don't walk in those as good as heels that are a little lower. ;)

• 6 months later...