Walk A Mile And My Dad

AZShoeNut

Howdy,

This is pretty cool.

So, I will be doing the Walk a Mile event here in Sacramento this Sunday.  It's supposed to be one of the biggest WAM events yet and Guinness will be there to certify a record of at least 1000 men walking a mile in heels.  I am pretty excited.

So, I took a risk and posted my fund raising page to my Facebook page.  I figured best case scenario I can get some donations and some positive reactions.  Worst case I could get some unpleasant reactions.  I also figured out that even if the worst  case played out it would be positive in that I could separate some of the wheat from he chaff.  What I didn't expect was a cool comment from my dad.

My wife and I, now a state away from our families, stay in pretty regular contact with our parents.  While chatting with my Mom and Dad I mentioned that I am doing this walk, described the event, and asked if they would consider donating.  When I  told them that it is comprised of men walking in high heels my dad said, "Well, that will be right up your alley."  He said it in an excited and supportive tone.  I have to tell you that felt pretty darn cool.

My folks and I talked one day, at length, about all this stuff a good 5 years ago or so.  He hasn't mentioned it since and i figured that he basically pushed it out of mind.  For him to sound so supportive like that, in a way, took a bit of a load off of my shoulders.

Also, all of the attention that I am receiving on Facebook has been pretty awesome too.  My first post didn't get much attention.  In my second post I included a picture of the shoes that I am wearing - pic  below, Red Bordello Teeze 06W, and the post took off like wild fire.  I have received a bunch of donations and many of my wife's friends and gals on my side of the family are posting with support and fun chiding.  One said that she couldn't walk five feet in the shoes and another wondered if I will make the full mile.  All are demanding pictures.  I really am loving the attention and, for at least a brief bit, not being secret about heels and me.  This is fun.

Later,

Larry

post-482-0-87353100-1430284231_thumb.jpg

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I wonder why they consider it so special to walk in them? Pleaser platforms are incredibly easy to walk in. That's why they were adopted by and became known as stripper shoes, as those women tend to be on their feet for most of their working hours.

my dad said, "Well, that will be right up your alley."  He said it in an excited and supportive tone.

In my second post I included a picture of the shoes that I am wearing - pic  below, Red Bordello Teeze 06W

Sounded like a cool comment from your dad.

You can really wear a 6W?  :shocked:   I don't recall anyone on this board ever saying, "I couldn't find anything I liked in my size...They were all too big".  Must be nice, but then the ratio of heel height it length is greater on small shoes (heels are higher). 

Great shoes by the way.  Don't forget a padded insole.  What will you be wearing to show them off?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Howdy,

I think that the "awe" reflects the tame shoes that most gals wear these days. They are very easy to walk in. I'm enjoying the comments so I'll just keep their ease walking to myself.

TBG, 06W is the style number. Kinda misleading. The size is actually 12W. Most Bordello shoes don't come in wide but I wanted shoes that we're nice and tall, fit well, and came in the WAM signature red patent color. That pretty much limited me to the Teeze in wide width.

Since my wife and son are going to be with me (unbelievable in its own right) its import for me to fit in with the rest of the poorly dressed crowd. I will likely wear jeans or even shorts.

Best,

Larry

Great looking shoes. I agree the Pleaser shoes are some of the most comfortable to wear. Well padded insoles and platform to heel hight ratio makes them appear higher than they actually are. Congratulations on supporting a great cause and enjoy your day!

Since my wife and son are going to be with me (unbelievable in its own right) its import for me to fit in with the rest of the poorly dressed crowd. I will likely wear jeans or even shorts.

Jeans or shorts would show them off nicely.

Sounds like this is gong to be a nice outing... just don't have too much fun.  :penitent:

Don't forget a picture or two Get your wife and/or son to take them.  :camera:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Good luck on your Walk A Mile, I did one last fall and it was wonderful event. The sponsors of the walk were so gracious with support for being out in public in 4 1/2 " pumps. Got a lot of compliments on the look especially with pegged skinny jeans. The ladies were saying you ROCK THE LOOK

Larry….   Wonderful reaction from your dad.  Good for you!!  So sorry that I won't be able to go to the the WAM event as well, I have another obligation.  But HAVE FUN !!!  Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Larry….   Wonderful reaction from your dad.  Good for you!!  So sorry that I won't be able to go to the the WAM event as well, I have another obligation.  But HAVE FUN !!!  Take care, sf

Thanks SF.  Wish you were able to make it.  It was a great time.  Hopefully next year!

Congrats on the comment from your dad.  That was AWESOME!

Enjoy the event and please post pics!

Thank you!

Good luck on your Walk A Mile, I did one last fall and it was wonderful event. The sponsors of the walk were so gracious with support for being out in public in 4 1/2 " pumps. Got a lot of compliments on the look especially with pegged skinny jeans. The ladies were saying you ROCK THE LOOK

Thank you.  I had a cute younger gal come up to me and say, "The way you rock those heels is awesome!  You really should do it more often.  I thanked her and she said, "Really, you should wear heels more often, you really own those heels."  That was pretty cool.

So, the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event for WEAVE in Sacramento, CA turned out to be absolutely awesome.  It felt like a block party with a purpose.  There were 1100 men out there walking and family and friends on the sidelines cheering us along the whole way.

The event was well organized and everybody from the staff to the walkers were enthusiastic, good people.  All ages were represented too.  There were kids as young as eight or nine years old walking along with folks who could have been in their seventies or perhaps eighties.

Guinness was out there too looking for heels and counting guys as we passed the start and finish line.  I am curious as to if all 1100 guys made it through the entire walk to make the record happen.

One of the best parts was that my wife and son were out there with me.  She was reserved about going and she had a blast.  She was surprised about how many guys do so well in heels and what a fun event a fundraiser like this could be.

I have heard good comments and bad comments about Walk a Mile events however I have to say that there is not one negative thing that I can say about this one.  It was truly a great way to spend the morning, support a very good cause, and spend some time in heels, not in secret.

Best,

Larry

post-482-0-00438900-1430749806_thumb.jpg

Larry,

The heels look great on you!  You truly did find an inspirational sculpture beside which to pose for the picture.  Who took the picture?

TBG

Congrats on the comment from your dad.  That was AWESOME!

Enjoy the event and please post pics!

Thank you!  It was awesome!

Larry,

The heels look great on you!  You truly did find an inspirational sculpture beside which to pose for the picture.  Who took the picture?

TBG

Thank you, sir.  From a veteran heel wearer such as yourself that is quite the compliment.  Much appreciated.

The Mrs took the picture.  She thought it was a fitting shot for me.

Wow, great report, Larry! I'm glad it was all positive!

What size shoe is that behind you? Looks to me to be about a 5' heel! LOL

Steve

Thank you, Steve.  It really was a great event.  It was by far one of the best events that we have been to in downtown Sacramento.  The people were decent and the event was by far the best organized.  Food, beverage, and bounce houses and other fun stuff for the kids.  A class act.

I believe that I saw a triple digit W size printed inside the heel cup on the big red pump.  :-)

Glad you had a great experience. Just remember to keep your head high and "own it"

Thank you, sir.  I will

The Mrs. and I took a couple video clips.  Please do not expect anything amazing.  We are both getting used to our phones and the Mrs. filmed hers vertically.  I think that they just illustrate the fun and the magnitude of the event along with sharing the sound of all of the cheering from the sidelines.

Best,

Larry

https://youtu.be/4Hj8auh7ljc

https://youtu.be/kxMtB5sm03o

https://youtu.be/4Hj8auh7ljc

Larry;

The fact that your wife  took your picture  :text_wow:  (did she know it was for this site?) and a video and posted it on youtube, I think, is a major step in her being comfortable with your heeling. :clap:

I'd be willing to bet there isn't a pair of size 12 or 13 pumps left in any store in Sacramento. :penitent:   It looked like a great event. :rocker:

OH NO….  Vertical Videos !!!  I had this addiction too (VVS), until I was "saved," thanks to this wonderful PSA by Mario and FaFa.  

ha ha ha    Take care all…..  sf

P.S. Larry, tell the wife thanks for the vertical video - he he….  

Not to disrupt this threat too much but, SF that Vertical Video video is a riot.  Thanks for posting it.

Yeah, couldn't resist…..  ha ha     

Now back to the topic at hand……   Larry, Thanks for the vids and your reporting of the WAM experience !!  I wish I could have joined you!  Next time!!  

Take care, sf (formerly vvs afflicted)...

Larry;

The fact that your wife  took your picture  :text_wow:  (did she know it was for this site?) and a video and posted it on youtube, I think, is a major step in her being comfortable with your heeling. :clap:

I'd be willing to bet there isn't a pair of size 12 or 13 pumps left in any store in Sacramento. :penitent:   It looked like a great event. :rocker:

I had quite the thread going about this on Facebook.  In addition to wearing heels I really wanted to raise money for the organization.  That thread on face book received a whole bunch of comments from family and friends.  Most of which was playful chiding and fun along with gratitude for supporting the cause.  75% of the people who posted comments wanted pictures.  So, the Mrs knew that the pictures would be posted to Facebook and she didn't bat an eyelid when she inquired as to what I was doing when I made my post here.

There is barely an event that goes by where the Mrs. doesn't take like 80 pictures so she was doing her usual thing.  I have to say that this was certainly a step in the right direction with my heeling experience however she still isn't about to go out with me in heels.  At least without several drinks.

SF, the video is hilarious!  I really laughed with, "Be careful or George Lucas will re-release Star Wars again," inside a Starbucks with my ear buds on.  I swore the two CHiPs officers sitting across from me undid the snap on their holster.  I too wish that you could have made it.  Maybe next year or another event around the bay area.

Best,

Larry