Mens High Heel Boots

Zzz

Hello, has anyone got any ideas where I can get a pair block heel ankle boots about 2 to 3 inches but made as a pair of mens boots? I am in the uk but I guess it would be an online purchase, thanks.

Should I have said "where to buy mens high heel boots" !

Hello, has anyone got any ideas where I can get a pair block heel ankle boots about 2 to 3 inches but made as a pair of mens boots? I am in the uk but I guess it would be an online purchase, thanks.

Should I have said "where to buy mens high heel boots" !

try the website of motorcowboy.com         they made the boots in my avatar pic and I am well pleased.

I can certainly vouch for the quality of RM Williams boots. I do not have the Cuban heeled model referred to above, but I have worn RM Williams boots for twenty years and love them. They are not cheap, but the quality is excellent.

Try Jeffrey Campbell booties (Solestruck) some block heels boots have strange colors but exactly the same as the ones sold for women in plus size section of shoe sellers (try Sarenza or Zalando).

http://www.shuperb.co.uk have cuban heels, Chelsea boots, and Cowboy boots much cheaper than custom made.

Also Fluevog.

And finally, when on ebay.com, browse to mens shoes, see all, and search for heels, you will found surprises.

I don't know what your budget is, but here in the UK I have brought (YSL Jonny Boots) which have a 2.5" heel, plus (Jeffery West "Rochester" boots & lace up shoes) which have a heel just under 2" high.

I also have a pair of (Miguel Jones) ankle boots with a 5" heel, which are very well made for the price, but took a very long time.

• 4 months later...

Found a pair! Paolo vandini cuban heel boots from shuperb! They are like "beatle boots" with almost a 3 inch heel and are comfortable , cost £90.

Yes, they are very nice boots; I have the very similar Vandini boots with a lower (1.75") heel, which are most comfortable.

Atom Retro in the UK sells 'Beatle boots' by 'Madcap' that are almost identical to your Vandinis, but with a centre seam, and rather cheaper at £69.99.   They are available with zip sides in tan or black leather or black suede; I have two pairs of these and they are of good quality and comfortable.   They are also available without the seam but with elastic sides in black leather or black suede.   

All these boots are available up to UK12/Eu46 and run true to size.

Yes I did see the madcap ones after I bought these ones!  At least I prefer them without the seam! The only thing is I'm not used to going out in boots with smooth soles, somthing to get used to! 

Yes I did see the madcap ones after I bought these ones!  At least I prefer them without the seam! The only thing is I'm not used to going out in boots with smooth soles, somthing to get used to! 

A matter of choice - I rather like the centre seam!   And I haven't found the smooth soles on either Madcap or Vandini to be a problem.

And the heel height which is advertised as 3 inches high are actually 2 and a half inches high! (That must be 15% difference at a guess!) 

The Madcap heel is exactly 2.5" also, actually a 16.66% reduction!   I don't know why Vandini exaggerates the height.

But I am very pleased with them, my first pair of heeled boots made for men!

I am pleased with mine too - I have the black suede and the tan Madcaps; they go with a number of outfits.

• 3 weeks later...

Well here is an update on my new paolo vandini boots, and also why personally I think they could be loads better for some men than wearing woman's boots!

Anne has always tolerated me wearing modest chunky heel woman's boots in public but never liked it and I have always worn long jeans to help cover the heel up , I do feel a bit uncomfortable with the heels on show. So after getting my new mens vandinis I was hoping that anne might prefer them a bit more than what I was wearing so I could go out in them occasionally with some long jeans to hide behind. Ok , so you are not going to break your neck falling over in them but they are only a 1/4 inch lower than my woman's boots I was wearing before.

when I got them and showed them to anne she said I would need new jeans , straight tighter fitting ones but not so long, so we went out and got some new jeans.

Then we went away for a few days break and I wore my new boots all the time, they are so comfortable , my jeans fit better , not covering the heel and I do not feel any need to have jeans over the heel anymore and best of all anne actually loves them and says they look smart!

Not the boots for everyone I know but for me they are the best smartest pair I have ever owned and will soon be looking for another pair!

Anyone with a partner who dosent like your heel wearing or anyone who wants to wear heels in public but is uncomfortable about it ought to consider a pair of mens heels like these! Worked wonders for me! John

I agree with you, John (and Anne!) that the Vandini cuban-heeled boots are smart and totally acceptable for male wearing in public with ordinary length jeans etc.   And so they should be - they are specifically men's boots after all!   My wife, however, does not really like either my very similar Madcap cuban heels or even my lower-heeled Vandinis, although she tolerates me wearing them - not that I would let her stop me.   Despite her background in fashion, she has a very blinkered view of what men should wear and thinks 'old fashioned' pointed toes and cuban heels are unacceptable on a man in the present day (and certainly not on one of my age).  

As to my avatar boots (which are women's, although she doesn't realise that), they are disliked and barely tolerated if she sees me in them.   My (perfectly valid) excuse that heels help my back pain is not accepted.  Needless to say, my Miguel Jones boots remain out of her sight altogether.   Such is life ...

It is a curious thing to me that boots in general seem to be considered feminine these days - certainly anything above the ankle. I know that tall boots became very popular in women's fashion early in the 1960s but why they should have become so exclusively feminine is intriguing. My take is that taller boots - and To be clear, I am not talking about dominatrix style thigh boots here - offer a touch of theatre to fashion and that any form of self expression in footwear or clothing has been out of bounds to men since the great male renunciation in the  late 18th century. And when women - or rather, designers for women - decided to make tall boots part of a certain sassy feminine look in the early 60s, they set in train a shift in gender values that ultimately put boots out of bounds for men despite the long history.

What has happened with tall boots us, in a way, a kind of 21st century reprise of the social and gender moves that saw men leave off wearing heels.

it is probably anthema to say here, but I am not really that taken by heels - but I do like taller classy boots and wish it were easier and more acceptable for men to adopt the style. Wearing tall - knee or otk - boots for a guy regardless of heel height, even flats, is as fraught with difficulties and gender identity questions as wearing heels. And fashion designers who do experiment with tall boots for men invariably set them up with weird, futuristic  androgenous looks that would make most guys - and certainly me - run a mile the other way.