Skirts: A Natural Progression From Heels?

JeffB

Ordered my first skirt today! I saw a friend wearing it and she pulled it off so well that I had to ask her where she had gotten it from!

I ordered a Bar III faux leather pencil skirt in black from Macy's.

Will definitely post pictures when it arrives!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Ordered my first skirt today! I saw a friend wearing it and she pulled it off so well that I had to ask her where she had gotten it from!

I ordered a Bar III faux leather pencil skirt in black from Macy's.

Will definitely post pictures when it arrives!

That skirt looks great but it does taper a lot at the waist so I hope it fits.

Link

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

22 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

That skirt looks great but it does taper a lot at the waist so I hope it fits.

Link

Just so I'm clear as to what you're talking about, are you referring to the fact that the hip-to-waist size ratio may be way off for the typical male figure?

49 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Just so I'm clear as to what you're talking about, are you referring to the fact that the hip-to-waist size ratio may be way off for the typical male figure?

That is it exactly.  Some skirts are cut more straight lined from the waist to the hip and these tend to fit a male nicely.  KneeBooted's skirt seems to have a noticeably smaller waist that I hope matches his proportions.  However, the skirt was sized as S, M L, XL,... rather than an exact size so it may be cut for a more universal fit.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

@mlroseplant and @Thighbootguy

I don't know if I can show it very well in a picture, but growing up, my mom always joked that I had her hips, because my legs didn't go straight down from my waist. I believe my body may have been built for a skirt, which is why I wore them so much when I was younger. This will be the first one in probably 5 years, and definitely the first one my wife will see me in.

I was a little disappointed how they did the sizes. I usually wear a 12, so right on the cusp between L and XL, but I ordered a L

On 23/07/2016 at 7:34 AM, Thighbootguy said:

I have been attributing the lack on my seeing elegant dressing on the places that I frequent, as elegant dressing would not be appropriate.  However, lowering the bar a little, I don't see much "neat" or "coordinated" dressing either.

Understand that - - !! You know your in the sticks when dressing up consists of a new Harley-Davidson T-shirt from your last vacation.

Well the skirt came in while my wife and I were on vacation. I briefly tried it on this morning, and I have determined that even though the size chart on the website says large covers sizes 10 & 12, it definitely is closer to a 10. While I fit in it and got it zipped up, I could definitely stand to lose a couple more pounds, which is my plan anyway. I will make sure and take pictures tonight because I think it does look good, but I need some different tops to really pull it off.

3 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

While I fit in it and got it zipped up, I could definitely stand to lose a couple more pounds, which is my plan anyway.

A tight skirt is always a great incentive.

:wavey:

1 hour ago, KneeBooted said:

Here are some pictures...

Looks good.

Suggestion... let the top of the skirt define where your waist like is rather than hiding it under the top.  The wist line for a skirt can be low for a mini or higher then a male's normal waist line for a longer skirt that tapers wt the waist (as yours does).

• Like 2

KneeBooted: Very nice pictures. I would agree with TBG that the outfit would look nicer with the top tucked into the skirt. Otherwise, well done.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I will need to acquire some sweaters or tops that better accent that. Truth be told though, I need to drop a few pounds, otherwise a shorter top would not only accent the top line of the skirt, it would accent my gut...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KneeBooted said:

I will need to acquire some sweaters or tops that better accent that. Truth be told though, I need to drop a few pounds, otherwise a shorter top would not only accent the top line of the skirt, it would accent my gut...

You are rocking that skirt! I love pencil skirts for the way they cling to my thighs. Naturally as a guy we don't sit well, but I learned how to sit in a skirt with this style and it just looks sophisticated and smart. I wear mine either at the knee or just above. Just bought a suede pencil skirt which I wear with boots, and in this weather, tights as well. I find panties more comfortable with tights as boxers tend to become very uncomfortable and ruin the contours of a skirt. I also wear denim pencil skirts as well, some with a generous slit at the rear to show off my legs in the summer! As regarding sweaters, turtle neck sweaters look great, and the tighter fitting sweaters suit a pencil skirt more than a baggy one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

With a waist as tight as I suspect that skirt currently is, a sweater is way too bulky to wear tucked in the waist, however top of thinner material might work.  Some skirts are worn high enough to be over the gut but wearing a skirt with a top tucked into the waist might be an incentive for loosing the gut.  Women have a higher waist line than men do and since it is a women's skirt, wear the waist a little higher than you might normally wear it and it will look good.

Back a few years ago I had too much stress and too little time to eat and lost my gut (I don't recommend this method) and found several skirts that were too tight fit rather nicely.  Fortunately the stress went away and I started eating more regularly but didn't pay enough attention and part of the gut came back. :penitent:

:wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy