The Beautiful Passion Of Black Pumps

JeffB

A long, long time ago, I was 13 years old when my insatiable curiosity about how my mom could walk in high heeled shoes drove me to a fateful decision, I sneaked into her room one day while she was at work and put on a pair of her shoes to learn the answer for myself. The shoes I had selected a pair of plain black pumps with three inch heels for my experiment, to make a long story short, after a goodly amount of stumbles and pratfalls, I solved that mystery and developed two passions: one of course being my love for wearing heels, but the other was for those shoes I wore, black pumps.

Throughout the years, whenever I sought out women’s shoes to wear, my first choice were almost always plain, unadorned black pumps, the sharp, sexy yet simplistic styling to these shoes captured my attention from day one and I just love wearing these shoes. As anyone here can tell you, black pumps go with pretty much anything: pants, skirts, dresses, jeans, shorts, capris, anything at all, they're an important footwear staple of every wardrobe and can spice up any outfit. I love black pumps so much, I have a whopping 15 pairs in my current collection: matte, patent and croc print; round toes and pointy toes; heel heights from 3 to 5 inches; spike heels and wedges, you name it, I probably have it. And yet, whenever I see a nice style, I find myself intrigued enough to buy it, I'm just so crazy about black pumps and can never have enough of them. It's a style I feel most comfortable wearing, they look great on me, and I feel great when I wear them, just as important a consideration.

I'm of the opinion that black pumps are a universal style and possess a popularity, not to mention sex appeal that is undeniable and irresistible, both to women and men. I know they are to me, which is why I love wearing them as much as I do, they've been my footwear passion for forty years now, and it's one that will never fade. That said, how do you feel about black pumps?

blackpump.jpg

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The classic black pump will always have a special place in a heel collection. I have a rule that I try to keep and that is to only have one pair of heel in that certain style.  Have a 3 pairs of black patent pumps. In England we call them "courts"  First pair black patent court with a round toes. Second pair with a crome heel and pointy toes and  the last pair with a small platform and square toe box. Same style as all are black patent but slightly different style.

My aunt used to wear black courts/pumps all the time and I really liked how they look. The first pair I bought myself were pointed toe 4" stiletto black courts. I still have them, and a lot of others in different materials, heel heights and heel styles.

I have now got into other colours and styles of shoes and boots. But my favourite will always be classic black courts/pumps.

I agree that a pair plain black pumps, particularly black suede or black patent, are truly beautiful shoes.  Probably 25% of my current collection consists of black pumps.

For a significant period my favorite  shoes were tall, plain, white kid pumps.  This was during the early '90s  I recall saying to a girl that I used to hang out with the that a pair of plain white 4-inch pumps were an incredibly sexy pair of shoes.  At that point nothing could top it for me.

My tastes change however tall, 4.5-inch, black suede pumps still top my list of "buy it now" heels if I find them in my size.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

With you on that Jeff.  My favorite is black patent.  I could have 10 pairs at home, but I'd still be tempted by a "slightly different" pair in the store.  By that I mean a slightly lower cut vamp, more or less toe cleavage, pointy or more rounded toe, etc.  The pair you used in the photo here is gorgeous - low cut, slightly scooped side, and a lovely heel height.  Similar to what I have on in my avatar, but different enough that I'd be looking them over but good in a store, and might just buy if in my size!  

• 2 months later...

I have to agree with you JeffB, a classic black pump is a staple for anyone and anywhere. I had a couple of pairs but updated them out of the collection.

I am looking to get another pair soon. The pumps are fascinating for their sleek, clean and classic appearance. Just have to find space for them though...new

closet, or house...hmm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 15 March 2015 at 10:46 AM, JeffB said:

As anyone here can tell you, black pumps go with pretty much anything: pants, skirts, dresses, jeans, shorts, capris, anything at all, they're an important footwear staple of every wardrobe and can spice up any outfit.

That said, how do you feel about black pumps?

Love them. Plain black pumps, patent especially, have always been a firm favourite of mine. Sooo...sexy.

As an avid fan of retro fully fashioned stockings, a pair of classic black patent high heel pumps is the perfect match in my little world. 

My latest pair;

image.thumb.jpeg.d4a6f0bb67f27d02d7d324a

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

To me the black pump is and always will be a benchmark standard . I have a few basic black pumps . They have the rounded baby doll style toe with either a platform or complete wedge like AZShoeNut's avatar pair . I remember my mother and sisters from the 70s to today wearing the standard Black pump . The only thing that has changed is their heel heights get a little lower and mine are not different ..... my heels get lower and the platform gets thicker. Eventually we will all be wearing ballet flats .   

Ah yes, the black pump.  I also have a pair, but they are more of a "loafer" style with a chunkier heel, from Aerosoles, called Magical Power.  Love them !!!!  sf

IMG_8847.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On March 15, 2015 at 6:46 AM, JeffB said:

A long, long time ago, I was 13 years old when my insatiable curiosity about how my mom could walk in high heeled shoes drove me to a fateful decision, I sneaked into her room one day while she was at work and put on a pair of her shoes to learn the answer for myself. The shoes I had selected a pair of plain black pumps with three inch heels for my experiment, to make a long story short, after a goodly amount of stumbles and pratfalls, I solved that mystery and developed two passions: one of course being my love for wearing heels, but the other was for those shoes I wore, black pumps.

Throughout the years, whenever I sought out women’s shoes to wear, my first choice were almost always plain, unadorned black pumps, the sharp, sexy yet simplistic styling to these shoes captured my attention from day one and I just love wearing these shoes. As anyone here can tell you, black pumps go with pretty much anything: pants, skirts, dresses, jeans, shorts, capris, anything at all, they're an important footwear staple of every wardrobe and can spice up any outfit. I love black pumps so much, I have a whopping 15 pairs in my current collection: matte, patent and croc print; round toes and pointy toes; heel heights from 3 to 5 inches; spike heels and wedges, you name it, I probably have it. And yet, whenever I see a nice style, I find myself intrigued enough to buy it, I'm just so crazy about black pumps and can never have enough of them. It's a style I feel most comfortable wearing, they look great on me, and I feel great when I wear them, just as important a consideration.

I'm of the opinion that black pumps are a universal style and possess a popularity, not to mention sex appeal that is undeniable and irresistible, both to women and men. I know they are to me, which is why I love wearing them as much as I do, they've been my footwear passion for forty years now, and it's one that will never fade. That said, how do you feel about black pumps?

blackpump.jpg

Well said !

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Black Pumps - the quintessential pump... I too love black pumps, although nude pumps would be a close 2nd.

I have 6 pairs of one black pump (all identical and all in use), and 3 further pairs already retired due to being worn out.

• Like 2