Skirtcraft

NewfieGuyInHeels

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I've been following this for almost a year. A guy in Minneapolis is soon going to be making skirts for men. I'm hoping there's a lot of interest in his style. I personally love them it's exactly what I've been looking for in a skirt. Anyway check out his site. He's suppose to have a kickstarter up around April. Skirtcraft.com

@NewfieGuy: Don't get me wrong, I am very much supportive of men in skirts.

Sorry.... BUT... I've seen these types of startups so many times. Utilikilt (http://www.utilikilts.com/ ) also wanted to promote the idea of a skirt for men. Still exists, but I don't know how many kilts they are selling. At least they aren't bankrupt yet. Why not just go into a store and buy a women's skirt?

Or... if it needs to be a "guy" skirt...

... sewing is not THAT hard. And sewing skirts is among the most basic tasks when learning to sew (ok - the zipper may take a bit longer for a beginner, but it's still doable). Besides... I don't see much difference in the design he proposes and a very basic skirt from fashion store chains like H&M or Zara. Looking at his design, it's not terribly complicated. This is something a novice could put together in about a week's time, starting from 0 (no prior sewing skills).

ceTctNdypMCEE.gif

Why not try making one on your own?

I learned sewing by buying a sewing machine, taking something old (that fit me well) apart, sort of "reverse engineering" the cut (and by taking it apart, learning how it was built), and putting together some new piece with my own fabric based on the pattern of the old piece.

It's not hard, it just takes patience. If you had the patience to follow this guy for a year, you probably would also have the patience to learn to sew :cheeky:

I just figured I'd help get his product out there to those who would be interested. I own a utilikilt but at $200+ each who could fill there closets with those. He's trying to make these a more affordable option. I also here on this site a lot that they want manufactures to start gearing more "fem" stuff for men, so I believe when someone actually tries they should get support from those like minded people.

I have no problem with those who are fine going and buying a women's skirt, but for me I've yet to see one that fits what I'm looking for.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...