Are Women Jealous Of Male Heelers

Rick24

are women jealous to see a man wearing the best heels in town and walking better than she can, if she has a male heeler as a friend, but some other woman steals her high heel friend, from her, would she feel insecure about it. what if you have the better collection that your girlfriend or wife, how would they take it,

I've had women approach me while I've been on jaunts and compliment me on being able to walk in heels better than they can. High praise indeed.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Probably a lot more people than you think, in both genders. Men are concerned because they're treading in "forbidden" or taboo territory. They're worried about self-esteem, being seen as gay, and all that stuff. Some men are very insecure about this issue and won't dare go out in public wearing heels. There are a lot of women who think it's ok for other guys to wear whatever they want, including heels, but NOT THEIR MAN. They don't want their husband or SO to wear heels at all. It's a big problem for the guy who has the high heel gene, because his desire won't go away, so it has to be repressed, causing him unhappiness, or if he goes ahead and wears heels, it causes her unhappiness.

You may not care, but a lot of people do.

Steve

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I am in a joking mood today.

The answer to your question is: 42.

... and Steve, you are right when you say "but not their man"... it's sad, but true.

Ha, love it!

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I dont know if jealous is the right word, but on several occasions I have overheard, "He walks better in heels than I do" and it is generally a woman that says, "I love your boots".

It's good to see that there are still Hitchhikers fans.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

haha, somehow I thought to myself as soon as I saw the thread title, I can't wait to see Amanda's reply... sure enough, first reply, she didn't let me down one bit  :)

Agreed, though it's sort of a silly question, but I honestly don't care what women think or anyone else for that matter.  I know what I (we) do tends to freak some people out, in fact, way more than it should... it's just friggen shoes for goodness sake. 

Anyway, I am pretty numb to what others think anymore, but still I feel like I had a really great day out in heels when I get no reaction at all, either positive or negative. 

Agreed, though it's sort of a silly question, but I honestly don't care what women think or anyone else for that matter.  I know what I (we) do tends to freak some people out, in fact, way more than it should... it's just friggen shoes for goodness sake. 

Anyway, I am pretty numb to what others think anymore, but still I feel like I had a really great day out in heels when I get no reaction at all, either positive or negative. 

Couldn't agree more. I have several female friends including of course my wife who simply think it's cool. But they aren't jealous and why would they be. I wear heels well but it's only because I've been doing it for 30 yrs. Women who wear heels because they like them do it as well as me or I they and why wouldn't we.

If I see a woman with amazing legs I must admit I'm a little envious (ok, a lot), like I wish my legs looked that good, but at the same time I'm happy for her, I wouldn't wish for her not to have those amazing legs, the world's a brighter place for it. In the same way if a woman who sees me wearing heels I'd hope she just thinks "good for him" without feeling spiteful at all. A self-confident woman has no reason to feel jealous, and a more apprehensive woman has every reason to feel inspired rather than jealous. There's no need to see everything so negatively and let it eat you up. Sure there may be some people who live their lives like some kind of TV soap opera with all this jealousy and stealing friends and stuff, but that's their world, nothing to do with me.

If you like it, wear it.

This topic again? Ok. :(

are women jealous to see a man wearing the best heels in town and walking better than she can,

Define ' best heels '. Do you mean by pricetag? Looks alone? Comfort? Whats more terrain adaptable or just too stylish to be practical?

I wear ' nice ' shoes. None have been over 200$ as thats the ' cap limit ' I put on what I feel is justifiable for a pair of shoes. Does a pair of Louie-boot-teens rate better then mine? Try walking in the snow filled with salt in those 1000$ pair of shoes and see how long they last. ;)

In all seriousness, theres no ' best ' in anything. Theres always something better and worse for anything we could imagine depending on the perspective of the individual.

if she has a male heeler as a friend, but some other woman steals her high heel friend, from her, would she feel insecure about it. what if you have the better collection that your girlfriend or wife, how would they take it,

At this point, I have more shoes then my wife. Doesnt mean anything to either of us. It shouldnt. As for stealing someones friend, theres no such thing. People choose whom they associate with. If they choose one person over another, its not theft.

Here we go... Another thread asking about what women think of men in heels.  Honestly, who cares!

Exactly! :D

Probably a lot more people than you think, in both genders. Men are concerned because they're treading in "forbidden" or taboo territory.

Says the guy whom struts in stilettoes to the guy whom struts in thigh boots, " I dont think so ". :D

They're worried about self-esteem,

Nope. Not at all.

being seen as gay, and all that stuff.

Whats wrong with being ' gay '? Whats wrong with being a ' breeder '? I see no problem with either.

Some men are very insecure about this issue and won't dare go out in public wearing heels.

Thats on them. Thats their choice and their loss. Maybe they will realize such at some point and hopefully its before they are old and cant walk without an aid of some kind.

There are a lot of women who think it's ok for other guys to wear whatever they want, including heels, but NOT THEIR MAN. They don't want their husband or SO to wear heels at all.

VERY true! I have friends whos wives dont mind my choice of footware. When I challenged their hubbies/boyfriends to give it a try, their claws come out, the hissing starts.. things can get ugly.

I will say *NO* definitive answer to why some of those women are set in such a way. Im not a mind reader and wont speak for their beliefs.

Thats on the women though. MOST of the guys I know think it would be a blast to give it a ' try ', even around their house just to see ' what women complain about ' or as a challenge to see if its really as difficult as portrayed.

It's a big problem for the guy who has the high heel gene, because his desire won't go away, so it has to be repressed, causing him unhappiness, or if he goes ahead and wears heels, it causes her unhappiness.

You may not care, but a lot of people do.

Steve

Your last part there goes back to the original message and what I mentioned earlier in this response. We choose whom to be around or associate with. If we wish to do something that harms nobody else, and someone doesnt like it, *WE* ( you and I ) make a choice to tell them ' Im going to do this ' and take into consideration the other person not being happy or being resentful, versus, our denying what could/does/might make us happy and being miserable. The second part people say is a ' self sacrifice ' when in actuality, its just being submissive to anothers will. Its a common strategy in todays society to get others to ' conform '.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Jealous!!!!! If anyone could claim such a status, I was a bona-fide candidate from wanting to wear many of the same footwear choices girls were expected to select. This attitude was with me until I realized it was actually the fear of the unknown or unfamiliar limiting my footwear choices, not other people. For as it has been stated earlier, a lot of people didn't really care as long as it wasn't their SO man. Aren't these the same kind of lines used when the idea of women wearing jeans first started? If you are unfamiliar with this episode in women's fashion choices, do some research and find out how much women had to endure to wear men's trousers. Now jeans are staple items in women's wardrobes. This is how close men in general are to being fully accredited high heelers, in spite of those seeming to be against it. There are so many instances known publicly of respected/good men wearing heels that guys could literally tip the scale in the favor for men selecting to wear heels becoming just as commonplace as women in jeans.

• Like 1

Jealous........gosh no not at all!! 

Neither is it anything to do with fear of the unknown. Certainly not.

My honest opinion......

personally I like my man to appear to be smartly turned out, sort of capable and well, butch for want of a better word.

It does no one any harm and I think you boys are very brave to persue something that you feel passionate about despite all odds. I think it's inspiring and being me I often err on the side of activism. I would have left ages ago along with all the other female members if I wasn't a bit inspired and sort of curious and loving the word association game.

I just think it looks a bit silly though and goes against my ideal man image.

"Not on my man" but hey you boys carry on and power to you....  :-)

Ps, none of this applies to those transvestite and transexual members here.

Pps, why did you put this thread in the "guys" section??

Ppps, i think you'll find that my attitude hasn't changed since replying to all the other incarnations of this thread. Do let me know if I'm slipping or softening in my old age though lol

Not to worry Amanda. We like hearing your comments even if it's not what we exactly want to hear.

As for women being jealous - - - Not likely, especially in the general location I'm in.

Haven't seen a pair of heels in these parts for months with the exception of a wedding last Halloween. The closest thing to heels that I've seen was a guy in Dingo Engineers (work boots) and he was asked not to wear them again in our shop.

Women around here refer to any young lady wearing heels as a 'tart' or worse, so just imagine the response I would get if I wore anything in public around here.

One church congregation has even gone as far as to highly recomend that women need not where high heels to church as they are a fashion statement not appropriate for church. They will accept kitten heels.

In a metropolitan area, I still doubt jealousy, but more likely to ignore it.

Heelster….  Kitten heels are OK??  Great !!!  I have several pairs of pumps and sandals with kitten heels.  Where is this church located?  I will be there next Sunday !!!

Take care…   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Around these parts women would get a chuckle out of a man wearing heels and wonder why he was not wearing a dress, or more certain he is gay. Jealous? Not for a second!

My wife wears some crazy heels and she does attract some attention, but it does not seem like envy or jealousy. More like, "I can not believe you even try to wear those things!"

I have to re-itterate on this a bit.

are women jealous to see a man wearing the best heels in town and walking better than she can, if she has a male heeler as a friend, but some other woman steals her high heel friend, from her, would she feel insecure about it. what if you have the better collection that your girlfriend or wife, how would they take it,

I think things would be more on ' presentation ' then anything else.

Example : There are some women are horrible in certain shoes. There have been videos of them falling off their jackstands during runway shows, walking down stair cases.. Ive seen it in public before.

In the same instance, there are men whom could wear those same type of shoes and not have any problems.

Reverse both of the rolls, flip the page.. it goes both ways.

The reason why I dont think many women would be jealous at all is.. Most men whom will start heeling will look *cheap*. Dont everyone get their panties in a bunch with what Im going to say here as its the truth.

We flip through the pages here and see the ' freestyler ' type threads and are asked to ' share pictures '. We ask about outfits amongst one another and even Amanda has kicked in a few comments every now and then.

The average guy whom is going to put on a pair of heels and go out is probably going to NOT have a full outfit planned. They are probably going to put on a pair of ' fetish ' or ' jackstand ' type shoes that dont go with what else they are going to wear. O have seen very FEW men whom can ' rock ' such a shoe.

I would tend to believe 50-60% of ALL women want a guy whom is a ' guy ' ( as Amanda said ' butch ' looking ). They are going to see a guy in heels and might be more curious about them then attracted to them.

Pumped stated "Around these parts women would get a chuckle out of a man wearing heels and wonder why he was not wearing a dress, or more certain he is gay. Jealous? Not for a second!"

His comment is probably more truthful then we all would wish, but its reality.

There has only been 1 instance ( that I know of ) where any woman has shown any interest in me while wearing heels outside of my wife. There are few women whom are interested in men whom wear heels.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

ILK,

Kneehighs would be another example. He has worn stiletto heeled pumps comfortably as a guy and gets lots of attention from women. But then, he plans his outfits carefully and has the physique to pull it off confidently. It can be done.

Steve

Heelster….  Kitten heels are OK??  Great !!!  I have several pairs of pumps and sandals with kitten heels.  Where is this church located?  I will be there next Sunday !!!

Take care…   sf

Kitten heels on women - Males will be be chastized for their sins since it would appear obvious we are all gay. God can correct that according to this church.

I think the women that comment favorably "you walk better in heels than me" are likely intrigued or pleasantly impressed rather then actually attracted to a man wearing heels. Most women are more aware of what people are wearing and will comment (overwhelmingly positive) on it as it just seems to be part of their DNA. HappyinHeels

Pumped stated "Around these parts women would get a chuckle out of a man wearing heels and wonder why he was not wearing a dress, or more certain he is gay. Jealous? Not for a second!"

His comment is probably more truthful then we all would wish, but its reality.

I completely agree with this point from Pumped / ILK.  I would never be so delusional as to think that a woman would find our look to be all that attractive.  Perhaps there a few exceptions such as Kneehighs, but I also think he has a certain look and mojo that I just don't have, period.

Anyway, as I alluded to in my earlier posts, I don't care that much what others think, but I do try to present myself in a way that doesn't scream, 'hey check me out'.  I want to feel comfortable and totally at ease when I go out, so I don't try to push the envelope too far outside the norm, and don't feel it is necessary at this point in my life either.

Those here that wear heels in public, more power to ya, but I would bet, more often than not, that you get known as the crazy guy that wears womans shoes and boots. Some poeple will get used to seeing you around, and realize you are harmless and chat with you from time to time and to some point accept the shoe wearing, but I doubt there are very many people that high fashion is the first thing they think about when they see a guy in heels. For the most part most people are amused by the oddity of it all.

Those here that wear heels in public, more power to ya, but I would bet, more often than not, that you get known as the crazy guy that wears womans shoes and boots. Some poeple will get used to seeing you around, and realize you are harmless and chat with you from time to time and to some point accept the shoe wearing, but I doubt there are very many people that high fashion is the first thing they think about when they see a guy in heels. For the most part most people are amused by the oddity of it all.

Yeah, that's probably about right, and that's ok. If people just leave me alone, I'll be happy with that. Doing something different always has its price, but also its rewards.

Those here that wear heels in public, more power to ya, but I would bet, more often than not, that you get known as the crazy guy that wears womans shoes and boots. Some people will get used to seeing you around, and realize you are harmless and chat with you from time to time and to some point accept the shoe wearing, but I doubt there are very many people that high fashion is the first thing they think about when they see a guy in heels. For the most part most people are amused by the oddity of it all.

You are probably right, but I'm still enjoying myself and, as long as I'm harmless, no one seems to care and I don't see a reason to change.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

You are probably right, but I'm still enjoying myself and, as long as I'm harmless, no one seems to care and I don't see a reason to change.

Don't get the idea that I am putting anyone down for wearing heels, as I would like to myself, but I sure don't see it ever happening. I envy those here that have taken the chance and "step out" in heels. My wife is the first road block, if she would be accepting it would remove much of the problem. The rest is probably just in my head!