Are Women Jealous Of Male Heelers

Rick24

Those here that wear heels in public, more power to ya, but I would bet, more often than not, that you get known as the crazy guy that wears womans shoes and boots. Some poeple will get used to seeing you around, and realize you are harmless and chat with you from time to time and to some point accept the shoe wearing, but I doubt there are very many people that high fashion is the first thing they think about when they see a guy in heels. For the most part most people are amused by the oddity of it all.

Honestly, Im known as the guy whom helped rid the Town of a ' Rat '. Im known as the guy whom welds tractor parts. Im the guy whom pissed off the local Union when I repaired a road after it was a-muck for 2-3 years. :)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

The only jealous looks I've gotten is when I am looking in the 9.5-10 size range. Most ladies do not like to know they share a foot size with guys :(

That the same with me when I am looking also with size 9-10 feet

Those here that wear heels in public, more power to ya, but I would bet, more often than not, that you get known as the crazy guy that wears womans shoes and boots. Some poeple will get used to seeing you around, and realize you are harmless and chat with you from time to time and to some point accept the shoe wearing, but I doubt there are very many people that high fashion is the first thing they think about when they see a guy in heels. For the most part most people are amused by the oddity of it all.

It seems like both you and your wife are concerned about what other people think and allow that to determine your decision making criteria for what's acceptable. Most experts agree personal style choices are used as an expression of our unique tastes.  This uniqueness can span the five senses.  We express our unique tastes in intimate relationships when one person orders filet mignon and the other vegan (taste); when one person chooses to listen to Depeche Mode and the Willie Nelson (hearing);  when one person feels comfortable in 60 degree room temperature and other other in 75 (touch); when one person prefers floral scented candles and the other vanilla (smell); when one person prefers rustic interior home decor and the other industrial modern (sight).   Yet, despite these differences, we still maintain a relationship without seeking the approval of the outside world for our choices.  Neither choice is inherently right or wrong, nor is one worth more than the other. What's important is that we allow each other to freely express our choices of what we perceive beauty to be without infringing on the experience of beauty for others as they experience it whether in music, food, art, interior decor or a host of other avenues beauty can find expression through.   

The same values that allow an intimate relationship to flourish can also guide our fashion choices.  The key is to find reasons to express our authentic experience of beauty that are more compelling than the opinions of others, both good and bad.   That allow us a consistent sense of self without being tossed to and fro by every change of cultural standard.  An article on Smithsonian.com quotes, "In 1927, Time magazine printed a chart showing sex appropriate colors for girls and boys according to leading US stores.  In Boston, Filene's told parents to dress boys in pink.  So did Best and Co. in New York City, Halle's in Cleveland, and Marshall Field's in Chicago."  Lera Boroditsky proved that Germans describe a bridge as slender, fragile, and elegant while Spanish speakers describe the exact same bridge as sturdy, big, and towering.  The trouble with imploring outside culture as guides to our decision making is we'll always be swept away by new changes in thought.

My solution is that I when I wear heels, I wear heels to be unique because I'm unique. My reasons are: they make me taller, and height is scientifically perceived as beautiful, successful, and powerful.  Heels make my legs appear longer, and long legs are scientically proven to be universally beautiful on both men and women, by both men and women. Heels improve my posture and good posture is not only visually beautiful to behold, but also beautiful to experience since it empowers confidence.  Heels also allow me to walk with artistic dignity, and poetic motion is beautiful to behold as well as empowering to experience (as opposed to a rushed stomp).

Anway, back to the overhyped snowstorm and business as usual. 

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

The only way we make change and acceptance is by getting out there. This changes opinions, and this changes reactions. I think about the first women to bare their ankles around 1920. The man baring his chest on the beach etc. These were all seen as weird and shocking at one point.

• Like 1

It seems like both you and your wife are concerned about what other people think and allow that to determine your decision making criteria for what's acceptable.

Yes, I am afraid so! My wife has stated that she does not want to be married to a guy that wears heels. Myself, I work in a field that is 100% men, plus this area is very "red neck" and I feel my job and income would falter if I indulged. My income is more important to me than wearing heels.

The closest that I have experienced to Jealousy was at the big Halloween party that me and the Mrs. went to in 2006.  There were some gals, also in heels, that checked in with me several time throughout the evening.  The party was gigantic at the Wrigley Mansion in Phoenix.  The place is huge and most of the mansion is open for exploring and there were at least three separate live bands playing.  After several hours walking and dancing and not having aching feet yet, these gals to express how they wished that they could go that long without finding their feet in pain.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

• 3 months later...

Any woman can be jealous of a male wearing what they enjoy or can't afford. I know two occasions where I overheard a conversation about my attire by couple woman. One spoke that I look exactly like her less the hair, the female agreed but added she is sort of jealous of me as well. So to the woman agreed that many other females are as well including herself.

On another occasion after a woman has seen me on many occasions but never talked to each other. She bravely told me I dress with great taste and style and look beautiful. Also added not ashamed to say a little jealous what I wear.

We went on about what she wears a closet full of clothes that can't be worn at her workplace. Talked about stores I shopped in and heels she can't wear anymore because of a foot injury.

Only regret of mine not to compliment her back about her figure being incredibly attractive and noticed by me but being shy not to let her know. Her body shape narrow hips busty chest and petite hard for body is perfect in my eyes. Yet I didn't want to overtly sound perverted but accept her compliments of me.

After all that telling me she has a kid and married she often sees me wearing something nice she gives me a big smile thumbs up from a distance. Often mouthing the words you look amazing and gestures with a thumb and index finger touching making an oval circle.

I don't know if jealous is the correct emotion, but I have often been told, "You walk in those heels better than I could."  This is in reference to my 5" stilettos on my thigh boots.  It has often made me wonder how badly these ladies walked in their heels. :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I don't know if jealous is the correct emotion, but I have often been told, "You walk in those heels better than I could."  This is in reference to my 5" stilettos on my thigh boots.  It has often made me wonder how badly these ladies walked in their heels. :penitent:

I've gotten that very same comment from women from time to time. And, it's not too hard to detect a certain level of....envy in their voices to boot.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've gotten that very same comment from women from time to time. And, it's not too hard to detect a certain level of....envy in their voices to boot.

I have received similar comments both in person and all over my Facebook posts about the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event that I did a couple weeks ago.

I wouldn't cal the comments jealous.  I am not so sure that they are envious either as most gals that I know that don't walk well in heels simply don't wear heels and they are fine with it.  There are a few exceptions such as gals who at one time wore great shoes and for whatever reason can't anymore.

I actually think that the comments are, perhaps, an expression of excitement about a shared experience.  Though many of us walk well in heels right out of the box in our first few attempts I think that we can all agree that initially the experience is, at minimum, awkward.  Overcoming the awkwardness and really rocking a pair of heels is point of pride whether you are a guy or a gal.  I hear gals make similar comments to other gals and I think having the opportunity to have that shared experience with a guy is uncommon and ups the excitement.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

• 1 month later...

If the woman in question can get over her initial prejudice of males wearing feminine shoes. It takes some cool style and unique appearance then i could see a woman complimenting or inquisitive of those heels.

Have been complimented by woman about my feminine clothes and they added not afraid of saying a tiny bit jealous.