Once Upon A Time, In Belgium

Impala

Yesterday, for the first time ever in my life, I saw a man wearing heels in public. And they were HIGH. At least 5 inches.

I spoke to him, mentioned I had never seen a man in heels before.

Unfortunately, he was in a hurry so I couldn't talk very much. I don't know who he is and whether I'll ever see him again, but now I know I am not alone in my city (the lovely Ghent)! Things suddenly look brighter.

If that man happens to read this post, please tell me  :fine:

I'll keep my eyes open even more now, looking for more fellow heelers. I would love to talk to them.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Did you give him the URL of the site, just in case?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

No. I really couldn't say anything more than a couple words. He seemed very busy and entered a building (I presume it was a shop).

Maybe I should have waited for him...

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

As long as we (the members of HHPlace) follow our desire to wear high heels openly, the chances of meeting like-minded heelers, be they men or women, will increase. Besides, public opinions will remain as they are if people continue not to understand that there are men who want to wear heels and if they don't see men heeling right with in their own community. Once men show they choose to wear heels, it will become like gals choosing to wear jeans, a common sight!

You actually saw another guy in heels?  That is so nice.  Out here in CA, I have been looking for another guy in heels (or gals shoes) for years.  So far no sightings.  I feel like I am the only one….  Good for you !!!   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Facebook has a group page "High Heels and Fashion" predominatly female orientated but with a fair number of male followers both as watchers and heelers, yes heelers! Some the have let slip their attire preferances quietly or otherwise, one or two have shown themselves as male heelers.

Feedback/comments have been quite fair from average "LOL", "need to shave those legs" to "those rock, way to go".

There is a general feeling of acknowledgement and acceptance that we are out there.

Al

• 9 months later...

I live near Liege (Vlaming in wallonië) and wear 3 - 4 inch shoes/traininers/boots daily, also at work, always with wedge heels.

It fits our D/s relationship :)

I adapt shoes and boots myself to make them more 'man' friendly and less provocative...

We ordered 5 inch custom knee high wedge boots with Miguel Jones, they should arrive end of november, if you'd like i can post some pictures :)

• Like 1

On 8-1-2015 13:54:52, jorisken123 said:

Yesterday, for the first time ever in my life, I saw a man wearing heels in public. And they were HIGH. At least 5 inches.

I spoke to him, mentioned I had never seen a man in heels before.

Unfortunately, he was in a hurry so I couldn't talk very much. I don't know who he is and whether I'll ever see him again, but now I know I am not alone in my city (the lovely Ghent)! Things suddenly look brighter.

If that man happens to read this post, please tell me  :fine:

I'll keep my eyes open even more now, looking for more fellow heelers. I would love to talk to them.

Was there a mariachi band or Ennio Morricone music being played in the background during your 'stand off'?

With a title like that I couldn't resist. :cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11 januari 2015 11:26:58, Madden said:

I've seen a few people in the Belgian city of Hasselt before.

Which is even more strange than Gent since they're a little more conservative in Hasselt.

I realize I reply to a message which is already 10 months old....  But I missed this thread until now. There is a very small chance you have seen me. I have been in Hasselt in the summer of 2014, and I was wearing heels on that day.