Links To The Worst Music Ever

Unfortunately ... Yes! (hangs head in shame).

I learned to drive trucks in the year this came out & also got posted to Germany with the army.

Picture half a dozen immature squaddies in dodgy old Capri's & Cortina's, (with the lastest CB's squeezed in under the dash), tear-arsing through the night to catch the 04.00hrs Zeebrugge ferry. Ah! Happy days!

I knew I should have stuck to my bikes instead of getting a car...

Lol! I sincerely hope not! I think however, I may now be using up all my chances

How about 'The Birdie Song' by the Tweets?

The mainstay of the 80's British hen night or wedding disco...

Just found this as well - please don't have me executed...

[url=https://www.yout

I'm not even going to click on that one. It's playing in my head already thanks very much!

Sorry Miss Amanda - I didn't mean to mess with your head, (Hehe!)

The link I posted ISN'T actually the Birdie Song...

I found another 'great' song just after I had posted the bit about the Birdie Song & somehow it got attached to that post, not in a nice little box on it's own.

Have a peek - I dare you...!

I was hitch hiking in the 1980s and got a lift in a lorry.  Always a good lift.  Professional driver, big vehicle that will squash any other.  But after he'd expressed delight at squashing a rabbit (it was night), this came on the radio and he turned it up because he said it was the best song ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFYxCIr-Byo  Amanda, if you've never been on a bus, I bet you've never had a ride in a lorry.  It's super.  You sit up high and a chap in a tartan shirt offers you cigarettes.  Though I had a time once in France where I got in and he said, 'Parle moi.'  He was afraid of falling asleep.  That was a test of my French.  It was a test of my ability to interest lorry drivers too.  Well, in a way that doesn't make them crash.  Most French lorry drivers have less to say about Sartre than you might expect.  Now, try an Irish lorry driver on Joyce.  Or Yeats.  This should make you weep http://www.online-literature.com/yeats/816/  I don't want to derail this one.  Does your thread allow the worst poetry ever? http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/gems/the-tay-bridge-disaster  Probably not, so you get this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cdFuMgMkBM

Go to youtube, click on the address at the top.  When it goes blue, right click and choose copy.  Now, back to hhp, in 'Reply to this topic', up at the top, on the line that begins with B, just after 123 with three lines there's a lone ranger mask weeping. Click on that and everything goes grey. Right click in the white box and choose paste, then click on OK.  Hey presto

As to the beetles song.

That is just proof that even when a great band makes a bad song it's still popular because the band is popular.

There are other big bands that get air time on bad songs just because the band is a big name. Like aerosmith.

Gee Megan. I have always rather liked the Righteous Brothers 'Unchained Melody'. Not as good as 'You've Lost that Loving Feeling though. For 'badness' how about Kate Bush 'Wuthering Heights' or 'Babooshka' (might not be spelt right bit I'm sure you know which song I refer to); For those with long enough memories (late 50's/early 60's) Tommy Steele's 'Little White Bull' or 'Half a Sixpence'. Finally anything and everything recorded by Sir Cliff.

Ha Tommy Steele, funny thing is I can still remember all the words to little white bull, he used to live not far away from me. Don't know if he is still around though.

life is not a rehearsal

Gee Megan. I have always rather liked the Righteous Brothers 'Unchained Melody'. Not as good as 'You've Lost that Loving Feeling though. For 'badness' how about Kate Bush 'Wuthering Heights' or 'Babooshka' (might not be spelt right bit I'm sure you know which song I refer to); For those with long enough memories (late 50's/early 60's) Tommy Steele's 'Little White Bull' or 'Half a Sixpence'. Finally anything and everything recorded by Sir Cliff.

Now, the danger was always there that this thread would stray into matters of taste.  There's a world of difference between songs I don't like and inherently bad songs. Pace Orwell, there ARE ways of deciding objectively what's good.  Here are some impartial observations on Unchained Melody.  Rule 1;  When writing a love song, know who it's about.  In fact, take advice from Carly Simon.  It's not about you.  Rule 2: If it's not a love song but about you feeling sorry for yourself, consider whether the world needs it.  Rule 3: take the trouble to write a melody before you get into the studio.  The evidence is that one isn't going to appear ex machina.  Rule 4: Don't title your song in a way that draws attention to your reluctance to write a melody.

If you ignore the above advice then not even Tom Jones can save you, as seen above.

Now this is truly awful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU You can't fail with children.

Go to youtube, click on the address at the top.  When it goes blue, right click and choose copy.  Now, back to hhp, in 'Reply to this topic', up at the top, on the line that begins with B, just after 123 with three lines there's a lone ranger mask weeping. Click on that and everything goes grey. Right click in the white box and choose paste, then click on OK.  Hey presto

"A lone ranger mask weeping" - that really made me smile :)

If you like it, wear it.

And you think I watch too much television? How long do you spend on youtube?  At least I'm medieaval and hence virtuous.

Oh I nip in there to fetch tasty morsels for this thread now and then. Not lately though I've been really slack. It's going to take me ages now to catch up with all the lovely new postings. However I have to admit that I don't often manage to sit through the whole song.

Oh great, not even a hint of a warning in the link. Now I'll be stuck with that in my head for hours.

I had feared it would arrive here in some form or other. Ah well, it's over and done with now.

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING MAY CAUSE TRAUMA AND DISTRESS:

You were warned.

I feel that I have sufficient scarring from having heard this before. Is it ok not to open links to songs you already remember or should that be considered to be cheating?

Ah but, Nyenor, the whole point of rap is that we're too old to like it.

Shyheels, like Amanda I couldn't take it at one sitting.  I needed a doggy bag, as it were.

Now, I feel that we should be aiming at those that are truly excruciating, in the original sense.  You've got to squirm, and just when you think it can't get worse...  For this, of course, one needs there to be no trace of irony.  Children are a good way of doing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsXJcIODLtQ

I don't think anyone should be expected to sit through one of these twice.  Probably against the Geneva Convention.  A plea to all to do your homework, which means we expect you to listen to all these soul destroying songs too.  Like a club where initiation never ends.  Here's today's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWbMikrZ91U  I chose the short one.  There's one that's 4.10.  Why would anyone want the extended version?