Liz Hurley's Shoes

hawksmoor

As much as I like Liz Hurley and find her attractive it amazes me that she has rather poor taste when it comes to the shoes she wears... especially when she obviously has and is spending the money for designer dresses. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Posted Image

I rather like Liz Hurley's shoes. I know she is pregnant at the moment so you can't expect her to wear much interesting in the way of footwear, but during the last few years she has worn all manner of heels, boots, mules, and sandals, usually at least 4". Plus, like posh spice, she has been spotted on numerous occasions going shopping or just about her daily business in 4-5" high boots.

Noone does that unless they are into heels in a big way, so "GO LIZ" I say!

I have got to say those are fantastic boots that Liz is wearing, lovely toe and heel shape - very Sexy. I can't say I have noticed her other footwear I must take more notice now!! jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

Foxfire... I agree that there was a time when Liz wore attractive shoes... but that seems like it was a few years ago now... except possibly for ads she has appeared in more recently. Having designed women's high heels some years ago I perhaps am a bit annal in that I notice more readily what a woman wears on her feet. I personally like pumps and find them more attractive and flattering than many open toed sandals, the likes of which Liz seems to like to wear. Too often to my perspective the high heeled sandals she ware are kind of clunky and unflattering give that most of the dresses she wares are slinky and that seems, to say to me her sandals need to be more delicate. I know... I'm nit-picking... but anyway it just my opinion... and you know what they are worth. And thanks for the photo... it's a favorite of mine and yes... they are fab boots... no two ways about it. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hawksmoor on 2002-03-14 15:04 ]</font>

Hiya hawksmoor,

Here's a duplicate of my post from the topic "my type shoe"

"Hiya all,

Here's another example of my type of shoe.

I own a simular pair.

Posted Image

Note: no platform anyone :eek: "

As you can see I adore this type of shoe, so I cannot agree with you on this one. Anyhow it's just a matter of choice.

Inga :smile:

Platforms are for standing on, not for walking in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-03-15 09:58 ]</font>

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Stunning boots... or clown boots... I guess that's what makes the world go round. I just happen to like them and wish Liz wore more things of the this ilk. My point was that it seems when someone else dresses liz for photo or ad shoots she always seems to wear stunning footware I happen to like... but when she dresses herself to be out in the public eye I feel she often choose less flattering, less attention getting, less attractive footware. But like everything else in life there are exceptions to the rule. What Liz wears on her feet is hardly earthshaking news... and of interest to but a few... It's just nice to know I am not the only one who notices... even if we do not always agree. Clown boots... I don't get it! What would you rather see in their place if you find them so offence to your aesthetic taste?... red high top platform Keds? Oh Well!

Firefox...Liz... for me is stunning and I could listen to her talk all day... I love the Brit accent. All the Brit women I know or have worked with me I felt they same way about when they talked. Being new to message boards when I first posted I figured I would be lucky to see one or two replies... so I am amazed that I generated this much interest good or bad. What is the trick to posting photographs. I was going to post two new ones of Liz that just appeared this week in the U.S. and may not have been seen elsewhere... but alas I can't drag and drop them into this posting... at least not in the conventional sense. Anyone who can help me get a handle on inserting photographs will have my appreciation... plus you'll get to see two new photos of Liz in all her glory! Oh... and Firefox thanks for posting the photographs... she even looks great crouching! Inga... you must have misread the responses somehow. Trooldeg was the one who called them clown shoes... not me... I love the boots and better yet love Liz in em! I'm with you platforms are for standing on! I couldn't live with the thought you might turn to a life of busking on my account. Hope this levels the playing field again. Most Americans would not have realized what busking was as it's Brit slang and not commonly used here if ever. Regardless... if those boots are indicative of the footwear to be found in your closet... you are my kinda woman. So what's the weather like this time of year in Melbourne? Is it boot or shoe weather? Me mum always told me to never end a sentence with a question... so I won't... and thanks for the insight into just what IS in your shoe closet. :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hawksmoor on 2002-03-16 03:42 ]</font> <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hawksmoor on 2002-03-16 03:51 ]</font>

Drag and drop ! :smile:? Actually it's quite a clever thought. I can see drag and drop being available on interfaces like this in the not too distant future. Seriously though, at the moment it works like most other websites if you want to add images or other stuff, you can use HTML. Or if you don't know that, there is a simplified version called BBcode. Check out the BBcode link below your posting box or on the FAQ link on the headers. By luck or by judgement you found probably the best known, most well frequented, shoe/hh serious discussion networks on the net so whatever you post, you'll generally get feedback. Welcome and have fun here!

Heeldog... don't feel bad... I thought I knew what it was... and just happened to be right but I did look it up... as I didn't want to look like a typical American fool... if you know what I mean. It's Brit slang... a busker being a street minstrel, singer or entertainer re... juggler. So busking is the art and act of same in hope of financial reward... a couple of quid a day will keep the doctor away!!! B) Foxfire... Thanks for the info... I will try to post those Liz photos later and see how I do as I'm not good with HTML. And... congratulations on being behind the scenes of a really neat place to communicate. I was stunned and disturbed today when I was checking out some of the other topics and read that a very fine woman (I think her name was Susan) apparently was driven away by a thoughtless person who used no discretion in what he wrote. Unfortunately there are people out there with nothing better to do than to try and destroy something that is good, fun and and joy to have at one's disposal. As for me... I thank you for the welcome... and this is a place I will always check... anytime I go on line. I may e-mail you directly if I continue to have problems with posting photos. Oh and...I am not coming from Explorer or a PC background. I have be using a Mac for over 17 years now... and Mac was the originator of drag and drop capabilities and it's been a standard for probably 10 years if not more in our Mac world. It sounds wonderful that soon this could be available on this site... hopefully modeled on what Netscape uses for their messaging which allows type, color, and sundry other abilities to tweak the text as well as insert lines, and position text, not to mention photo insertion and placement. Even without all the goodies this site feels like home... :smile: _________________ Sexy High Heels... Catch My Eye Every Time!!! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hawksmoor on 2002-03-16 04:44 ]</font>

firefox... BB code under FAQ says nothing about photos so that was not of much help but going to edit on one of your postings to the Liz forum showed me that the only way I can get a photo is to have it posted to some website, preferably my own. Unfortunately Netscape played games with my website and a lot of folks websites and in the end took them down. So I tried posting by placing the two Sweet Liz photos in my Yahoo Briefcase and then pulling them in from there... adding the code between <".........."> and the photos did show only they were broken images and would not load... only showing the broken image icon. So back to the drawing board. My best bet at this point is to put up another website for myself so I can post there and pull from there. Thanks again for your help. At present all 435 or so Liz photos reside on my hard drive and there is no way to post from there... so it looks like it time to design a new website... amybe a couple of them as I had 3 of them until AOL/Netscape took them under. Re: mac owners thinking Apple invented everything... your right we all to often do. Not even the GUI interface which made the first Mac the success it was... was developed by Apple... they actually bought the technology from Xerox along with a prototype mouse. As for drag and drop and plug and play... Apple made them work at every level and that's what makes it seem like they invented it. They have a first rate PR department at Cupertino California and know just how to use it! Fade to black... now let's get back to Liz. I still want to fool with the Yahoo Briefcase images and see if I can make them work one way or another.thanks again for your attention to detail and the needs of us silly, sometimes serious users out here in cyberspace. :smile: _________________ B) Sexy High Heels...Catch Me Eye Every Time!!! B) <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hawksmoor on 2002-03-16 05:45 ]</font>

Drag and drop is standard on PC's like Macs. Many windows features appeared on machines like the Amiga in the mid 1980's long before they were on the PC platform so I don't think the Macs can claim to be first with everything. However with networks, your picture has to be served by another machine. I'm sure a drag and drop type thing would be possible here but then all the pics would have to be hosted on this server meaning a huge load in storage and bandwidth which we couldn't cope with so there are other considerations apart from the ability to make it happen. Anyway, thanks for the comments about the site :smile: I'll look forward to seeing you around and some more pics of Liz.

Firefox...

Let's see if I can at the very least post the Sweet Liz links to my Yahoo briefcase that you can open. They will open for me...but they may not open for you or other viewers. I took the protection off the folder they reside in so they should open for you. Please let me now if they work for you. Also let me know if they are new to you!

So for anyone interested following are two links for Liz photos, both of which just appeared for the first time state side this past week.If by chance (and everything's a chance with Yahoo) it requires a password be entered... type in... hawksmoorgroup

This one appeared in US magazine (March 18th issue) Liz was at a basketball game with bozo American Bing... whom I readily cut from the photo. Sorry Bing you lose!

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/hawksmoorgroup/vwp?.dir=/SWEET+LIZ&.src=bc&.dnm=Liz+at+basktball+game.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/hawksmoorgroup/lst%3f%26.dir=/SWEET%2bLIZ%26.src=bc%26.view=t

This one is the most recent Este Lauder ad photo, as Liz still apparently represents Este Lauder... but now ONLY for perfume. There is another image also from a most recent Este ad that shows Liz in a wedding gown running down a sandy beach. If anyone is interested I can at least try and post a link, if the links prove to work.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hawksmoorgroup/vwp?.dir=/SWEET+LIZ&.src=ph&.dnm=Este+Lauder+ad+Mar.2002.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/hawksmoorgroup/lst%3f%26.dir=/SWEET%2bLIZ%26.src=ph%26.view=t

:smile: Sexy High Heels...Catch Me Eye Every Time!!! B)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-16 11:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-16 11:29 ]</font>

Foxfire... I gotta think web site. Gotta do it. Even if the links work for you and others the URLs are so long they force the page to the length of the longest URL. So it comes down to is Liz worth all the extra scrolling. I guess I will find out. Naturally... my response would be YES! She's worth it! After I posted this I realized that the page width is now set wide until it rolls to page 3... so after you open the links... why don't you deleat the entry with the Yahoo Briefcase links so the page width returns to normal. Or... is there a way to recode it so the HTLM code will allow it to roll to the next text line as it usually does in most e-mail programs. You the master when it comes to that kind of stuff. I'm a graphic designer and spent little time trying to fathom HTML code and web sites. I design em... not build em! thanks for babying me through these troubled waters... it's getting late and I am bleary eyed... but I can always find time to look at Liz... no matter what shape my eyes are in :smile: _________________ B) Sexy High Heels...Catch Me Eye Every Time!!! B) <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hawksmoor on 2002-03-16 06:27 ]</font>

Hi I edited your post because the URL's messed up the page layout as you say. However, if anyone wants to see the pics of Liz they can click on the box to get properties and then paste the URL into a browser address bar. The BBcode does say something about images: Adding Images To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example. [ img]http://www.totalgeek.org/images/tline.gif[ /img] You only need to add the [ img] tags if the picture is on another website. However, some places like yahoo don't allow direct linking which is why you get broken links. Anyway, we are getting very off topic. I'm sure people are looking at this expecting to see stuff about Liz, and they're going to be diasppointed. You can always start a thread about images in the general section if you're not sure :smile: _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-16 11:43 ]</font>