First Pitch

chrisinkilts

San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore stands in front of the mound at San Diego's Petco Park to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before a baseball game Wednesday, September 17, between the Philadelphia Phillies and the San Diego Padres. Gore was wearing red heels to promote awareness of domestic violence.

post-16561-0-54796300-1411524565_thumb.j

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/worldsport/gallery/what-a-shot-0923/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

What a boost for guys in heels. I bet that took some practice. He's got a big smile too.

I would be totally meh about this, as this has nothing to do with men wanting to wear heels, if it weren't for the feeling that I get that this applies against domestic violence against women. Which is bad. Really bad. Men who abuse women aren't men but slime. But then again there is also a shitload of domestic abuse going on against men as well. And while there are a shitload of movies and campaigns going on to make us aware against domestic abuse against women, there is nothing to make the public aware against domestic abuse against men.

How about we leave the heels off when it comes to public awareness campaigns and instead of focusing on one gender we try to fight domestic abuse in general, no matter who the victim is?