Recent Trip To Ikea Got Me A New Shoe Cabinet

xraynt8

Hey fellow high heel lovers,

last week the new IKEA catalogue came out so i took my girlfriend and we went to the nearest IKEA ;)

few hours later and voila my new shoe cabinet (surprisingly no screws and parts were missing :D ):

post-15057-0-16146900-1410091865_thumb.jpost-15057-0-45418700-1410091836_thumb.jpost-15057-0-74366500-1410091844_thumb.jpost-15057-0-97764600-1410091850_thumb.jpost-15057-0-43589200-1410091857_thumb.j

But I'm not sure with my sorting of heels, what do you think? some tips would be great ;)

- xraynt8

Looks like a pretty efficient sorting of shoes and an enviable collection of shoes as well.

Best,

Larry

thanks ;)

Hi Xraynt8,

Nice looking shoe cabinet, I may have look for one as well. You have organized them nicely and by the way nice collection of heels too!

Can you store knee high boots in there as well?

This is one of the PAX System cabinets so you have the freedom to adjust the slide outs / sheves to your needs. So you can leave more space on the bottom to put boots in it.

Ikea is awesome for shoe cabinets. Got mine there as well. Off-topic: the sneaker heels in the 5th picture I have aswell! They are so comfortable.

I can post a picture of my cabinet if you like. :-)

;) yes indeed despite being a bit too small, they are very comfortable.

feel free to post a picture =)

Love your shoe storage system, I think it works very well.

My wife & I use Ikea 'Billy' bookcases to store our boots in. The shelves are adjustable & depending on the shelf height we can get two rows of thigh boots or three rows of knee boots or six rows of ankle boots in each bookcase, (or combinations of the three). The two shelves for the knee boots require a little deviation away from the instructions as the centre shelf is usually the permanent fixture, but anyone with a drill & a bit of DIY knowledge can suss it out. Dust covers can be used or doors can be fitted, depending on your preference.

To fill the boots out & help keep their shape, we use the cheap swimming noodles from the local 99p shop instead of more expensive boot shapers. They can be cut to size & one noodle per boot works very well if they are folded over double with the longer end inserted into the foot.

Hope this is helpful...