This Is Not An Advert, But A Great Find - Onlymaker - Well-Made Hh In Us 6 To 15

kikepa

Again, NOT an ad.  I'm an old poster, here.  I've also been a closet heeler most of my life, an apartment/home heeler most of the time, and a street heeler on occasion, I love it when I can find high heels in my size!

This often meant wearing plastic crap by high-price, low-quality offerings by stores who are very difficult to weed out of the searches on Amazon.com and others.

Well, I'm wearing a pair of my latest heels, by Onlymaker.  They lean towards rather long names for their shoes, but if you want to look for them on Amazon, try searching on this:  

"Onlymaker Women's High Heel Peep Toe Open Toe Solid Sandals Buckle Strap Gladiator Stiletto Wedding Shoes"

Alternatively, just search on Apparel, Shoes, Women's, and narrowing your search by name.

I'd paste a picture, but my camera got soaked when my son left it out in the rain last summer.  He's sorry, and so am I...

Naturally, I'll be loads happier when rock-solid and very comfortable footwear companies like Nine West and Clark's inch up their offerings by a unit of just 1, into my size 13 range...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Lovely shoes to be sure- but alarm bells started ringing when I saw  that they come from China.

My concern is not the build of the shoes but the sizing - they go up to a US15 but my guess is that this is wildly inaccurate as I reckon these are China Sized shoes I bet in practice these would be a couple of sizes smaller if going by my experience of buying shoes that are directly sourced from China.

Anyone else had this trouble?

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Went to Amazon to check out the styles.  Not much to my liking, but I did look at several review included there.  In general, fit did not seem to be an issue, as there were several comments that the shoes fit nicely.  Quality, on the other hand, was not so well received.

• 3 months later...

By chance, I came across the Onlymaker listings on the UK Amazon website; see: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dshoes&field-keywords=onlymaker&sprefix=onlym%2Cshoes (Onlymaker does supply direct but Amazon seems a little cheaper and adds something to the respectabilioty of the operation.)

I've only now seen the comments above and I wonder whether anyone has bought from this range or has specific knowledge of the product quality, fit and service?   There are some rather stylish shoes there (although little of interest to me) and prices (typically £35 - 50 plus £8.99 shipping) are reasonable, whilst the few reviews are generally favourable.   Fit does not seem to be a problem, despite the Chinese source, and one cannot totally ignore any such shoes that go up to what seems to be a true UK13 (Eu46)!   I note too that each item is allegedly made to order and can be customised - interesting but rather vague and possibly an area for misunderstanding.

I note that returns can be sent to either US or Germany, neither at exactly trivial cost.   Members shouild be aware that, under the Distance Selling Regulations (which apply in all EU states), a full refund (including all outward and return shipping) MUST be given for anything wrongly supplied or defective.   (Strictly, there should be an address in the purchaser's country for such returns.)   That would include a situation where the sizing is clearly inaccurate, but not where the seller merely disliked the item, although the product price is still refundable in such cases if return is made promptly.   From experience, Amazon is not brilliant initially at helping in a disputed situation of this kind involving its Marketplace sellers (e.g. if return shipping refund refused) but will respond to a firm demand, citing the law.

I have been wearing one of their wedges in US Mens 14. Love them! great fit and comfort, very surprising but not at all a disppointment!

Oh dear!   Did you complain that you only got one shoe, or are you content to limp?  :cheeky:

I assume that you mean US womens 14; what is your male size - US12?

Thanks however for the endorsement.

I was considering a pair of their pumps, but when I saw the shape of the stilettos at the back of the pump, it wasn't what I preferred in stiletto shaping. I want the heels to have the design more like the stem of champagne glasses centering its support under the heel of the each foot, rather than posts propping up the back of each foot.

Lovely shoes to be sure- but alarm bells started ringing when I saw  that they come from China.

My concern is not the build of the shoes but the sizing - they go up to a US15 but my guess is that this is wildly inaccurate as I reckon these are China Sized shoes I bet in practice these would be a couple of sizes smaller if going by my experience of buying shoes that are directly sourced from China.

Anyone else had this trouble?

Actually I've bought a few pairs from China and the sizes seem to be pretty good.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Sizes run large. I bought a pair from Amazon. First, they are from China, it will be a 3-4 week shipment. The picture is NOT a picture of what they send you. They look kind of like Louboutins. Also, when you first get them, they have a very plastic smell. I would not buy again. 

Sizes run large. I bought a pair from Amazon. First, they are from China, it will be a 3-4 week shipment. The picture is NOT a picture of what they send you. They look kind of like Louboutins. Also, when you first get them, they have a very plastic smell. I would not buy again. 

Sorry, but your comments are too vague to be of much help.   What was the difference between what you saw and ordered and what you received?   Is the resemblance to Louboutins good, bad or irrelevant?   Apart from the smell, what was the quality like, please?

• 3 weeks later...

I see on Amazon that they say you can customize your purchase.  I would like to order a pair however they are shown as available in black, tan, and silver.  I, however, would like to order red suede.  They mention that they will contact you for measurements after you place your order.  I am wondering if you are able to customize at that point and if it costs more.  They say that they answer emailed questions however I could not find an email address.  Has anybody had any experience with them that might answer this?

Also, while looking through their direct order web site I noted that it has the same feel as www.shoesofprey.com.  Then when poking through their FAQs I found a customization Q&A where they say that you can replace the "Shoes of Prey" logo with your own.  I am now very curious about this company.  Obviously a few of us here have had good experiences with them but elements sure seem kind of funny.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I think it's the same factory making these and there are multiple sales channels. The exact same text appears on all the websites. I just pulled the trigger on some from amazon and am waiting for the slow boat from china. We'll see what happens. I'm a little nervous because according to their sizing chart I'm a 12 which is way bigger than what I normally wear.

I've bought a few pairs from Amazon myself and despite the smell.  They seem to fit better than any of the pleaser shoes that I've bought in the past.  There is another shoe brand there called "Shoesofdream" that makes some pretty cool shoes.  I will post a picture in the mere future.  Trust  me it is a whole lot better than ordering on Aliexpress that's for sure!!!

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I just got a pair of the blue suede pumps with criss cross straps. I had to order them off amazon.com rather than their uk site as they're not listed on the uk site. The selection of their shoesl is bigger on the US site. I got an email about a week after ordering saying they were shipped and they arrived at my UK home about 2 weeks after that.

Size - I normally take a UK 12 or US 14 so I took a punt and ordered a US15  size seeing as they were from China. My foot is 11 3/4 inches long and their size chart says this equates to a US15 (or UK 13 on the amazon UK site). And they're bang on perfect.

Quality - the strap buckles are a bit flimsy (as for most shoes) but OK (and I might cut them off anyway a don't really like them - I just couldn't find another blue suede platform pump). But the shoe itself is very solid - no sign of flex or wobble and the finishing is reasonable - not Gucci good but pretty good, especially for the price.

Heel height. Although advertised as being approx 5.9 heel with approx. 1.2 inch platform, the heel (in size US15 don't forget) is actually 6.5 inches and the platform is, as stated, 1.2 inches. so a 5 1/4 inch rise which is ideal for me. I'd suggest the 5.9 heels is probably correct for an "average" women's shoe.

Overall - very pleased and I'll be buying a few more pairs off them in the new year.

You can buy direct from onymaker's site where custom options are apparently more available but they're much more expensive.

I finally got my Onlymaker boots http://www.amazon.com/Onlymaker-Fashion-Decoration-Handmade-15/dp/B00NNKB0O4/ref=sr_1_10?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1418409860&sr=1-10&keywords=onlymaker. These are clearly a knock-off of the Christian Louboutin Suede Daf Booty. In fact, the images they use are the same as on the CL site http://us.christianlouboutin.com/us_en/shop/women/daf-booty-307656.html . Having recently tried on some real Daf Booties, I can make an honest comparison of the two.

Quality

Overall, I'd say there's not a lot of difference. The Onlymaker shoes have very nice stitching and all the seams line up as they should. Obviously the fabrics are different as the CL is suede and leather and Onlymaker is all synthetic. I don't remember what the CL lining was bit the Onlymakers have this odd tan colored faux fur liner.

Fit

Onlymaker only does whole sizes (at least on Amazon) and I went with a 12. This is just a little too large and would probably compare to a 42 in CL (the largest they make). However, there is something very odd. The Daf Booty is 160mm but I didn't measure the 41.5 that I tried on so I don't know the real heel height. The Onlymaker measures 6.5" and the platform is about 2" but these don't fit like other shoes of the same height. I compared them with my Steve Madden booties which have the same heel and platform and the geometry is totally different. The Onlymaker's have what I call a "short wheelbase." The distance between the platform and the heel is shorter than my Madden's which makes the angle steeper. This makes them harder to walk in, harder than I remember the CLs to be.

Price

No comparison! The Onlymaker's are 20 times cheaper than the real deal. They're not real CLs of course but they sure look like it, down to the red sole. I'm sure that a trained eye could tell from a distance but most people can't. I suppose Onlymaker can get away with this because they don't CLAIM to be CL, but it's obviously a knock-off.

• 1 month later...

I have been tempted by Onlymaker on Amazon in recent weeks... I especially crave the red soles, a' la  Christian Laboutin . However, since my dream is to own a real pair of CL's some day, I am refraining from supporting this company because of the commitment Mr. Laboutin has put into beautiful heels, and trademarked his designs with the beautiful red leather soles

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it....oh!