I Did It!

newguy

I went out in heels. I decided now or never. I wanted to go to payless to look at new karmichel peep toes in blue. So after work I put on a red t shirt with ariat dark jeans paired with nude 3in round toe pumps. I went into payless to look. A few people looked but went on. They did not have the blue ones so I tried on black ones. After 10 ft I got a blister on pinky toe. I put them back fast. I ended up buying a grayish green bootie with peep toe and heel cut out with a 3in wood block heel. They looked great with my jeans needed different shirt. Payless guys were helpful and great. They told me their was nothing to be nervous about alot of guys have been here also. I calm down and looked some more felt like I owned the store. I need to practice some more before I get to cocky. Thank you thank you hhplace guys for ur support. I have been reading all ur story while waiting to be validated. I will post some pictures once I get outfit to wear with heels.

See.. nothing to it. Just go out and strut. Your not bothering anyone nor doing anything wrong. Enjoy yourself!

-ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I am trying to work up the nerve to do the same thing as you did.  I have had great experiences shopping for heels with the Payless personel being VERY helpful.  I have a pait of the Javilin oxfords that are not quite the bold statement as the Karman style pumps you wore.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Be careful of the floor you walk on. you may go be bopping along struttin your stuff on carpet then hit some tile and WHAM, flat on your back. Blister- cheap shoes. I keep tellin you guys, buy good shoes.

Congratulations! I'm a little curious. Did you wear heels to Payless?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yes shafted I did. I wore my 3" nude round toe pumps at a busy corner during rush hr. Parked across from payless and just breathe relax didnt talk myself out of it.

I went out in heels. I decided now or never. I wanted to go to payless to look at new karmichel peep toes in blue. So after work I put on a red t shirt with ariat dark jeans paired with nude 3in round toe pumps. I went into payless to look. A few people looked but went on. They did not have the blue ones so I tried on black ones. After 10 ft I got a blister on pinky toe. I put them back fast. I ended up buying a grayish green bootie with peep toe and heel cut out with a 3in wood block heel. They looked great with my jeans needed different shirt. Payless guys were helpful and great. They told me their was nothing to be nervous about alot of guys have been here also. I calm down and looked some more felt like I owned the store. I need to practice some more before I get to cocky. Thank you thank you hhplace guys for ur support. I have been reading all ur story while waiting to be validated. I will post some pictures once I get outfit to wear with heels.

Thanks for your post.

I like to shop at Payless. I always wear some type of heels to shop in their stores. The sales staff is always helpful. I'm on a first name basis with a couple of the store managers. They even make suggestions of heels that would look good on me. I recently bought four pairs of the Karmen pumps. I got white, white and black, hot pink and the turquoise color. I love those shoes.

Hope you like your new Payless shoes!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I remember reading a post from pump at and someone else bout month ago stating "we're all gonna die boys get out there and do it. That stuck to me. My wife and I are having our differences but something just snap inside and I decided to not take anyone s@#t anymore. I am started to stand up for myself and I just starting explor we who I am. I wore heels as a boy but I always had a fetish with heels and one day I couldn't bare to walk through dillards and see their great shoes. I told my wife u guys are very lucky to have all these great heels sexy fun colorful. Us men have boring boots or tennis shoes or flip flops the size of a dictionary. I am gonna wear them and enjoy my life with my kids my heels and cold beer.

Congratulations newguy. It's such a weight off your mind when you finally do it and realise you're just a customer buying shoes and that's just what shoe-shops are there for. Those booties sound cool, looking forward to seeing photos of them. Enjoy your future shopping trips.

If you like it, wear it.

Good for you!!!  Wearing heels is fun.  The more you do it, the more comfortable you will feel.  I spent most of the entire day yesterday out shopping in heeled sandals.  I am sure some folks noticed, but nothing was said and I had a very nice time.  

It is good to know there is another guy out there who wears high heels in public.  Nice sandals by the way!!!  

Take care, sf 

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I did it too! Managed to locate some boots I was after in london, so decided to wear boots/tights/skirt in daylight when on my way to get them! Wasn't brave enough for the first train station but got changed in the toilets as it was early morning and quiet. Wore my lk bennett moya black leather knee boots on the train and then walked from euston to euston square. Didn't get any funny looks or comments and thought this is going well, especially as they're really high heels. Then got tube to wembley park as I was going to the lk bennett outlet but decided to swap to a pair of flat boots for the walk to the shop as I wasn't sure of the exact route or distance, still no funny comments or pointing! Tried on a couple of pairs of boots and decided to get both (£160 for originally £800 worth of boots!) . Decided to wear one of the new pairs for my next excursion. Wembley park to sloane square (for kings road) took about 40 mins on the tube. I must have looked like I had issues, wearing boots with another 2 large boxes of boots. If I'm honest,I do ! Wanted to go to the Christian louboutin shop but was running out of time so decided to head back for the train home. Feet started to feel a bit smashed by now so changed into flat boots and jeans for the march just to make sure I didn't miss the train. All in all a really good day, probably walked 3or 4 miles in boots, but don't think I'll be doing it locally just in case I bump into someone I know.

I am trying to work up the nerve to do the same thing as you did.  I have had great experiences shopping for heels with the Payless personel being VERY helpful.  I have a pait of the Javilin oxfords that are not quite the bold statement as the Karman style pumps you wore.

I was parked at their front door with my black Jasmine's in place ----- and never got out of the car.  I feel like a "dumb cluck."  The storelooked empty. Maybe next time I break the "sound" barrier. :(

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I was parked at their front door with my black Jasmine's in place ----- and never got out of the car.  I feel like a "dumb cluck."  The storelooked empty. Maybe next time I break the "sound" barrier. :(

Don't be too hard on yourself, it is a hugely intimidating step to take.... until you actually do it and only then do you realise how easy it is. It's easy to trap yourself in the car waiting for some impossibly perfect moment to step out. I found that telling myself "I'm going to count to 3 and get out of the car" and then doing exactly that helps to kick-start it, and everything kind of flows after that.

If you like it, wear it.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it is a hugely intimidating step to take.... until you actually do it and only then do you realise how easy it is. It's easy to trap yourself in the car waiting for some impossibly perfect moment to step out. I found that telling myself "I'm going to count to 3 and get out of the car" and then doing exactly that helps to kick-start it, and everything kind of flows after that.

I like that approach.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Steve, I suspect you don't need to count at all, just step right out there !

Thinking about it, there's something about counting to 3 (or 4) that seems to make it more likely to achieve the desired effect. I think counting to 2 doesn't give you enough time to commit, but counting to 5 gives you a bit too much time to dwell on it and chicken out. Maybe it's something musical, like a drummer hitting his sticks to count a song in (after that the click of the heels can take over).

If you like it, wear it.