Definition Of "measurements"

LP_____

Good evening.

The topic already mentions it.

How would you define the word "measurements"?

Does the word include the circumference and the height of one's leg? Or the circumference only?

Again I have problems with a shoemaker. I ordered made-to-measure boots and when I received them I noticed that the shoemaker ignored the requested height of the boots. They made them using their standard height. I extra asked how much individual measurements cost. They said it's free.

From the e-mail conversation:

"Yes, we always make individual measurements for free. But measurements of leg and boot height is different things."

They agreed to make new boots, but I shall pay an additional amount for the requested height now.

Are they correct?

Kind regards

No way. They did not deliver the required product the first time. You should not pay for their lack of foresight.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Let me guess, Miguel Jones? There is the issue of a language barrier and a really lousy web interface. They normally do not charge for custom measurement but they do charge for extra height. If you did not pay extra for additional height the first time then i'd say the extra charge is acceptable. They are making a whole new pair for you. FWIW, they did the same for me when they didn't follow my directions.

Height is usaully the height of the heel, Shaft length is the height that the boot comes up the leg.

However, if a customer were to say to me that he wanted a pair of boots that were made to say a 4" heel as standard and then said that he'd like them to be 30" high then I think I would realise that he wanted the shafts to be 30" long, or at least 30" from the ground (26" shaft).

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I sent them measurement charts which are self-explanatory.

The problem was the language barrier I think.

They make two new pairs now. For one pair I have to pay a very fractional amount. I accepted it, because I also requested a few changes on the original order.