Anyone Else Love Platforms And Chunky Heels?

trickrider1

I like a lot of styles including classic stiletto heels without a platform, but my true favorites are anything with a substantial platform.  The platform can be wood, cork, foam, rubber, etc., but overall I love the look and especially like seeing it on women but also like wearing them myself.  This ranges from platform mules to thigh high boots.  Anyone else a platform lover?

I am guilty ! Being a little on the "fluffy" side , platform wedges look better on me and are a lot easier to wear. Recently I purchased the pair in the attachment. Lately as in the past few year there has been an explosion of wedged platforms on the market and pray this trend continues. I would be interested to see just how many in here actually do wear wedge platforms / chunky heels . That being stated lets hear from some other platform / chunky heel wearers out there.post-7601-0-64491100-1391237671_thumb.jp

I too like chunky heels and wedges.  Since I am sort of tall, (over 6 feet) I keep the heel heights to less than 3 inches - more ideally around two inches.  Chunky heels and wedges are more stable and easier to walk in and attract less attention than a higher stiletto, which I don't care for anyway.  The past few years tho it has been difficult to find shoes with chunky heels, since thinner heels seem to be the style.  I did break down and purchase a few pairs of sandals with 2 inch kitten heels because I liked the design of the upper so much.   Like maninpumps said, it seems that chunky heels and wedgies are returning!!  Very nice!!!   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

All,  ANyone who has met me from this forum, or more likely read my posts, knows that I like higher heels of 5" and up. So, it wouldn't be surprising then that I have an array of shoes with platforms or otherwise chunky heels. Platforms and chunky heels do afford the wearer greater stability on surfaces that are not absolutely smooth. Each heel seems to have its place: wedges for shopping outside or in backyard functions, stiletto heels for dressy functions and places with very smooth surfaces, and platform heels for walking over longer distances on not as smooth surfaces or more over-the-top functions. HappyinHeels 

• 2 weeks later...

All my heels are chunky and I do have a few platforms.  I have one pair of wedge platforms.  Most of my boots are flat or lower heel but 3 to 4" is my favorite height.  I have been riding the motorcycle with up to 4" but haven't yet dared try the 5" platforms I rarely wear. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love platforms and wedges, and I have worn them since the 70's.  It was easy back then because guys wore them as much as girls--not so today, but that doesn't stop me.  One thing that is different today is that platform and wedges have remained in style for so long, which is fine with me!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I only wear heels for charity walks but I have always chosen platform shoes to wear with both chunky and stiletto heels.

the picture I have posted shoes three pairs that I have used

From the left

PLEASER XTC826 - These are the heels that I used to walk 5 miles in 2009.  Heels are 7.5 inches with a 4 inch platform.  The ankle support is actually very good for a sandal style but if I could change anything it would be to have a padded leather insole and make them wider fitting.  You need to keep your wits about you as it is very easy to topple if you tread on a stone.  Its also a shame they never done a lower version with around a 5 inch heel and 1.5 inch platform

PLEASER DELIGHT 609LN - These are the heels I used to walk 10 miles in 2010 and also to do a street collection for 6 hours last year.  They have 6 inch heels and a 1.75 inch platform.  As they have a padded suede insole they are actually very comfortable although they don't offer the ankle support of the pair above.  If I could change anything about them I would make them wider fitting and make them with a wider ankle strap.  I would also fit steel heel tips for longer life

FUNTASMA MARY JANE 50X - These are the heels I will be wearing for a whole month in October 2014 as replacements for my normal shoes.  The heel is actually 4.5 inch high and the platform is around 1.5 inch so they are very easy to walk in compared to the other two pairs.  They are also a wide fitting but although all three pairs are size 10 these actually feel a size larger.  They have excellent ankle support  If there is anything I would change it would be to have a padded suede insole and make the strap a little wider.  It would also be nice if there was a higher heel version and also an open toe option.

As all of the above have PVC lining I found that my feet stuck to them.  They are nicer to wear with a thin pair of nylons, especially the Funtasma shoes.  My favourite style of heels have to be open toe boots.  They would have a chunky heel between 4 and 5 inches and around 3.5 elevation.  They would have to be made from pure soft leather with a suede lining to prevent sweating

post-3576-0-80120600-1396543479_thumb.jp

I really don't like the extra weight of either on my feet.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Must admit not a lover of platforms either. I have worn shoes with a very small platform like quarter of an Inch but that's my max limit. But back in the 70's that's all you could buy. Have not bought any since.

life is not a rehearsal

I my self love the platform heels I wear brash 6" heels out to have adult bev. A few times a month. Almost all of my heels have some type of platform with stilettos from 4" - 6" heels.

Stability is definitely a plus with the chunkier heels.  After all the heart wrenching issues of dealing with my wife's broken ankle and subsequent complications, I'm all the more aware of stability while still having the fun of getting more "altitude" from some of my footwear.  I like the hefty feel too, but that's just me.

mine

Nice heeled booties. I like your fishnet hose too. I wear fishnet hose too. Recently I wore fishnet hose with a pair of black patent pumps and black leggings. I liked the look.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I do love platforms boots and shoes, I just got this pair of knee high boots which have a 5.5" heel and a 1" platform. The heel is

chunky and they are stable for walkng in. These fit into your thread to a "T", my new favs!

post-2360-0-41508100-1397183153_thumb.jp