The Shopping Experience

jetheelsfan

Just spent 4 hours around sydney shopping. Alexandria outlets centres, birkenhead point and now broadway.  Great morning but found nothing to buy. I prefer boots and closed toes so summer makes them hard to find. Just sitting having a coffee now in the food court with stiletto ankle boots on. Feet are sore but feel great. 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Regards

James

• 1 month later...

Went shopping at a local Marshall's and was looking for booties in the female section. As a browsed the woman clothing section picking up few denim legiings and skinny jeans to try on.

Heard from a distance some male making derogatory comments loudly half the store could hear. Something about a male shopping wearing woman clothes etc.. Calling out labels of being gay,  on and on it went while the person was the sounding board agreeing adding to the comments. Didn't pay attention looking towards the remarks to far away to care or thinking it was about me. Yet later noticed i was the only lone male in the woman's shoe clothing department looking at some nice booties to bad they didn't have my size...

Sometimes your so absorbed in shopping anyone making negative comments from a distance it's easy to ignore not caring or just tuning it out. 

Example of the shoes i was looking at sold out only 36 size was left half off....

Rag-bone-Stanton-polished-leather-ankle-boots.jpg

Later i went to another discount clothing/ shoe store browsing in the woman's section. Noticed older female with her mom discussing these platform booties five inch block heels she tried on. What was interesting was the mom asked her where she would wear those heels. The daughter replied liking them saying, wouldn't wear them in the snow.. Later they left not buying the shoe but i was tempted to comment encouraging to buy them. Yet stood waiting them to make room browsing the shelves for some cool booties. 

Seen Ivanka Trumps four inch bootie heel in a size 12 but like the mom and daughter had second thoughts where i would wear them..

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ivanka-trump-filoer-round-toe-bootie-women/4076306?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=TAUPE+SUEDE&resultback=1016

Macky,

Boisterous and abusive people like that have no manners but they do have a severe case of insecurity. You can bet that he wished HE was the one who had the guts to shop in the women's clothing and shoes sections and wear what you did. Since he couldn't bring himself to do that, berating you for doing it was his next best choice. If he couldn't party, he could at least try to ruin yours.

I was glad to see you ignore idiots like that. The world is full of them, and they're usually full of themselves. Fortunately, they're in the minority; unfortunately, they can vote.

Steve

Yeah, there are a few fools out there.....   I relegate them to the ash heap of history......   You done good......    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

12 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Macky,

Boisterous and abusive people like that have no manners but they do have a severe case of insecurity. You can bet that he wished HE was the one who had the guts to shop in the women's clothing and shoes sections and wear what you did. Since he couldn't bring himself to do that, berating you for doing it was his next best choice. If he couldn't party, he could at least try to ruin yours.

I was glad to see you ignore idiots like that. The world is full of them, and they're usually full of themselves. Fortunately, they're in the minority; unfortunately, they can vote.

Steve

Thanks but honestly i was oblivious to what was going on, in the store. Just the yelling caught my ear then the commentary thereafter. Felt to raise my head from the shelves of shoes but i was to involved to even glance up. Not because of embarrassment just targeted booties looking for the correct size.

Doubt i know what goes through someones mind that yells out negative comments. Nobody responds enjoying it, even if they feel uncomfortable of my presence in the woman's department. Do understand a lot of woman may feel the same and agree with the loud mouth. Often i look at woman seeing me browse reacting as though they having asthma attack huffing and puffing as if they have the exclusive right to shop in the woman's department.

Saying all that i went to a department store later on. Yes, i made a day of it going too store to store. Parked near the exclusive woman's department on the second floor conveniently. As i browsed noticed some Paige ultra skinny distressed jeans finding it in my size. Rather just paying for them i asked to try them on. The Cashier immediately said yes, wide eyed. As i made myself towards the plush woman changing cubicle the cashier asked another attendant to help me find empty stall. The fitting room attendant was a bit shocked but as i walked towards her, she cleaned up the cubicle. After my fitting i came out paying for the jeans seeing a female sitting in a plush sofa chair in the changing room playing on her phone waiting on her friend changing. Did notice she seen me go in and out smirking to herself. As i walked to the cashier asking me how it went. I told her i will buy them, she said great. All a while few older ladies noticed me walking out of the change room. They gave smiling smirks but never made eye contact. 

Overall can't complain for my shopping day. 

Suppose it's easier to shop in the woman's department for clothes or shoes  before Christmas. Everyone believes it's gift shopping, certainly normal behaviour.. 

CURR-WJ689_V1.jpg

""Suppose it's easier to shop in the woman's department for clothes or shoes  before Christmas. Everyone believes it's gift shopping, certainly normal behavior.. """"

Yes - - and it's worked for me for years.

Has anyone had conversations with new stranger a female customers while shopping alone? 

Be it shoe shopping or clothing while in change room or browsing through the woman's department. 

Often i keep to myself but at times  i notice females giving me that look of despise shopping in their area. Once they give me a full scan head to toe, depending what i'm wearing that day.  They figure either i'm shopping for myself or for a female friend. Often then not they are annoyed or disturbed the clothes i'm looking for are for me. Thus they feel creeped out, mind you they may think i'm pretending to shop as an excuse all awhile trying to hit on them. 

Any conversations you may like to share about shopping alongside females you never seen or tallked to before be it positive oe not.

MackyHeels,

While it may work much of the time to just ignore people like that I have a preponderance of people who seem risk-averse to confronting these morons which enables further boorish behaviour. Staring is one thing but loud and disruptive comments are quite another. Imagine this jerk's surprise shoudl he lose sight of you only to see standing right in front of him and you say something like, "Did you hear the one about the guy who needed a proctologist because he had a high heel stuck in his ass?? I guarantee the tenor will change as will the facial expression.

As far as what other women in the store approve or disapprove of it is a moot point. You do not need their approval to shop on the women's side just like they sure don't need society's approval to shop on the men's side. Vince Lombardi was heard saying to his teams "when you get into the end zone act like you have been there before." When you're shopping for heels act like you have done it before. You must stand up for your own dignity and exude confidence. Plenty of guys who want to wear their heels or whatever would do so much better if, ironically, they located their balls first. Remember, my friend, a bully can only succeed when he has willing accomplices such as spectators who say nothing or other morons who join his sophomoric antics. A person who doesn't stand for dignity doesn't stand a chance as a worthwhile human being.  Believe this to your core and it will come through as confidence and the world is very hesitant to mess with confident people. Keep your head high. HappyinHeels 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2015 at 9:19 AM, MackyHeels said:

Has anyone had conversations with new stranger a female customers while shopping alone? 

Be it shoe shopping or clothing while in change room or browsing through the woman's department. 

Often i keep to myself but at times  i notice females giving me that look of despise shopping in their area. Once they give me a full scan head to toe, depending what i'm wearing that day.  They figure either i'm shopping for myself or for a female friend. Often then not they are annoyed or disturbed the clothes i'm looking for are for me. Thus they feel creeped out, mind you they may think i'm pretending to shop as an excuse all awhile trying to hit on them. 

Any conversations you may like to share about shopping alongside females you never seen or tallked to before be it positive oe not.

I personally have seen very little of that and i shop a lot. I have had a few passing conversations with customers. " Nice weather" "Those are really cute boots" etc. 

As far as disapproving women, very rarely. Most ignore me, notice me but then ignore me. Once in a while i get a scowl or a look of disbelief from mainly older women. Younger women and teens i sometimes get smiles or looks of embarrassment. I've never heard anyone huff and puff at me. There have been a few instances of jerkish guys usually waiting for their wives to shop being a bit more bold about the looks and tsk tsk sounds, but again not very often.

As i have dressed overall more feminine even all of this has become less. People either see me as a genetic woman or just figure " yeah its a trans person, so what" and go on with their day.

Fun times are had by all when I've been able to strike up conversations with others who are also shoe shopping and curious as to why I'm wearing high heels and shopping for more.  Especially, when I'm wearing heels taller than 4.5 ". They usually tell me that my heels are too tall for them and then they ask "why I wear heels at all?" Depending on the situation, my answer is: Cause heels are the only footwear I've ever wanted to wear, even though everybody else was taught to expect males could not have such feelings or the usual - "cause I want and choose too!" The only thing I find difficult when shopping for heels is in self-service stores at having to manipulate around other customers trying on the footwear while they're blocking the whole aisle, which is denying me direct access to the next pair I want to try on. 

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I've never had a conversation/discussion with anyone other than a SA whilst trying on shoes or boots. The best reactions I've had were both from young female SAs. During a recent visit to the USA, I managed to find some Michael Kors Clara boots in a US size 11. It was in a Macys store on a Saturday afternoon, so as you can imagine it was quite busy. I plucked up the courage to ask for my size and was pretty surprised when they did. I thought, oh well no one knows me here so I might as well try them on. A couple of women customers were sat fairly close and started to pass comments about the boots and that "see how his foot just slipped in". I tried to hide my embarrassment and just zipped them up and had a walk around. It ended with the SA asking how I manage to walk so well in heels. It was all very friendly, I don't think you'd get that sort of reaction in the UK. I'm not sure we're that ready!

I have had quite a few over the years.  Most having taken place while being with my wife.  Some dealing with a man wearing women's shoes and some about the style I was wearing and where they could buy a pair like them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...

Any conversations you may like to share about shopping alongside females you never seen or tallked to before be it positive or not.

Yes to your question. 

I had a very pretty lady in a Payless once strike up a conversation with me about my platform heels . She asked if the ankle strap ever cut into my ankle ? I told her they were comfortable and had no problems with them . We spoke about some ankle straps being to loose and causing the sole to "slap" as we walked in them . I was wearing the "Missy" ankle strap wedge . She told me they looked great with my outfit and told me about some other stores in my area that sold large size heels. To say the least , she was very friendly . 

payless3.jpg.f70a794c008b36d9aee2337fd94

Had a good experience glad i can share just a taste to everyone who cares, although most of my replies lean on the negative side of things have one that is at least encouraging.

So i began my shopping journey to a department store which is nearby but for unusual reason didn't stock the bootie, well off tomorrow at another location to purchase said bootie, CK Laneige in a size 10 US although small i will give them a try.

So off i went to Marshall's to pickup a poncho sweater i tried on but never thought to purchase, see my gallery split olive green sweater. They were sold out but did find another interesting item a sweater dress which had to buy and try on.

Before entering the change room i moved to the woman shoe department and seen Harrow Rags & Bone tan booties in a Euro 41 size 11US. Tried it on before at the store found them way to tight. Decided to give them another try. Although pretty tight my toe had room wasn't jammed to be hurting my toe nail. So found that these suede booties needed to be stretched out being to narrow. So i liked how they looked on me as i walked along the aisle woman customers and employees seeing me in these 3 " block heel bootie. Seeing that the price was half off retail price i had to buy them exploring a way to widen my left bootie to be more comfortable or i will need to return them. 

Although i own another tan suede ASOS 2" block heel chelsea bootie in UK 8 which is tight and narrow as well. Felt i was comfortable enough to wear a distinct 3" block heel in public without any anxiety. Seeing that my initial journey and failed attempt to buy the Calvin Klein Laneige with my first  4" stiletto heel makes the Rag & Bone purchase easy and wearing them often except to work of course.

So my shopping journey didn't end there but went doing errands and found another sister store of Marshall's nearby so i took a look inside.

As i browsed all the clothes not finding anything interesting i went to the woman shoe department very few people their. Had a couple browse nearby but the male just gave me the stare of what am i doing here. Nothing being said but i could tell the wife told him to stop staring ignore him (me). As i noticed a few booties and five inch stiletto heels from Giuseppe Zanotti in a sparkling gem crystals strass and suede  bootie looking very dressy in a size 41 half off but decided it was too formal for me to even try on what do you think only $500, that would be some shopping experience today if i impulse bought them. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/en-ca/Giuseppe-Zanotti-Strass-and-Suede-Ankle-Boot/prod168390141___/p.prod?&ecid=NMAgtOcLD22Xas&CS_003=5630585

Found a size 10US in a replica synthetic of RAG & Bone Harrows from another brand so i took them to try on for fun of it comparing the fit from my earlier purchase. Found a small seat near the woman's lingerie shoe department.

As i had my head down taking off my born three inch bootie in same color as these  three inch replica synthetic cheap bootie. Suddenly i heard a customer woman walking passed saying to me, "Kudos to you! on trying our shoes". As i raised my head she quickly walked away before i knew to reply saying thank you. Must admit i was speechless lost for words in actually getting encouragement trying on womens booties.  At first i thought the woman was on bluetooth headset often hearing woman talk saying hi while only talking to someone on the phone so i was cautious hesitating to reply back to her encouragement. Never had i had encouragement from a lady similar age as me. Only if she lingered around awhile longer i may have thanked her and led to more of exchange of thoughts of me shopping for my love of heel booties.

Was a wow moment for me as it was shocking for the couple who i seen earlier closely walking down the aisle i was sitting near as the woman spoke. Only could witness the woman's uncomfortable demeanour from not getting any reply from me and the couple she passed on by looking upon her as she was weird for saying it.

Been wearing my new booties and my left foot is becoming numb. What we do for fashion sake hurting our feet to stretch out these booties. Ochh!

ragbo4090612408_q1_1-0._QL90_UX336_.jpg

NMX266H_mk.jpg

• Like 4

Had a great experience today. Went into one of our favorite shops wife and baby tagging along and all the ladies working there (all young) rushed over to help us because they love our baby found a pair of boots I wanted to try one girl went and grabbed them in my size without me even asking to try them on (she told me she saw me looking at them and thought I should try them). I slipped them on and they were perfect! I was then met with a chorus of "wow they look great on you" and "you look amazing" so after all that couldn't resist buying them

image.jpg

• Like 3

This week I had a good experience in one of kurt geigers flagship stores. I'd seen some of their knee high boots were for sale online so thought I'd pop in to hopefully try on. It was fairly quiet as it was a midweek morning. I found the boots on the shelf and and decided to just go for it and try it on. It was a UK 8 and felt pretty good so I asked for the other one. The sales assistant was a young lady and didn't seem at all phased or bothered. She brought them out in both colours for me to try on and we had a conversation about the beautiful boots are how nice the leather was. I didn't purchase them at the time but I have bought them online since.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stealhers said:

Had a great experience today. Went into one of our favorite shops wife and baby tagging along and all the ladies working there (all young) rushed over to help us because they love our baby found a pair of boots I wanted to try one girl went and grabbed them in my size without me even asking to try them on (she told me she saw me looking at them and thought I should try them). I slipped them on and they were perfect! I was then met with a chorus of "wow they look great on you" and "you look amazing" so after all that couldn't resist buying them

image.jpg

Stealhers

Nice boots, which shop ? What make style ?

Regards

James

On 16 January 2016 at 9:04 AM, Sydheel said:

Stealhers

Nice boots, which shop ? What make style ?

They were from Betts they are a new style they just got in saw them at bondi junction a couple of weeks ago so bought them from my local betts when I got home

• 2 weeks later...

Guess it was bound to happen at some point, stopped by a higher end mall to see what I could find on sale wearing a new pair of Nine West chunky heel 4" boots and a sales guy ran up to say he loved my boots, then showed me his own 3" heels :)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Up until now I had confined my heel shopping to on-line sites, however after ordering a pair from Pay-Less that had to be returned I took the plunge and took them back to the store. Needless to say I was nervous but that soon faded as the young lady working there was so pleasant and made me feel at ease by telling me she had several other male customers that enjoy heels. She took her time and pointed out some heels I might like and which ones were the easiest to walk in. She also steered me towards the DexFlex booties that I wore out for my maiden voyage in public. She also introduced me to her other sales lady (also very young) and made me feel right at home. I have been back more than once and will continue to patronize this store.

These are the heels she steered me too which I love but probably would not have tried without her input.

rsz_dscn0028.jpg

Those shoes look very nice....   Out here in CA I have also had wonderful experiences with the staff at Payless.  I wonder if the staff is trained to expect guys shopping for gals shoes or are things just "changing?"      sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I suspect things are 'changing', I've not had an unpleasant experience, but I did have one sales guy who obviously wanted to be elsewhere. Too bad neither pair I had him get out fitted quite right. Today I had a sales lady that chatted about the model I was trying on (Charles David Pact pump), and said they do not have many pairs of regular leather basic pumps, which was odd. 

So I am trying to break these in :)

DE4EFAD1-6696-40BB-A332-36E783373845_zpsn2rccyhn.jpg

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 weeks later...

Rockpup - that is one very classic shape. 

I was out today looking and Payless has the Janine and Karmen on sale for $19.99.  There is a new sky blue Janine but not in the wide width - too bad.  Tere is also a new slingback based on the shape of the Karman pump.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I suspect things are 'changing', I've not had an unpleasant experience, but I did have one sales guy who obviously wanted to be elsewhere. Too bad neither pair I had him get out fitted quite right. Today I had a sales lady that chatted about the model I was trying on (Charles David Pact pump), and said they do not have many pairs of regular leather basic pumps, which was odd. 

Don't get what you found odd about it?

Did you get the idea she wanted to get rid of you trying other shoes saying they have none? Maybe it was your size they didn't have in stock. 

Almost always i get the feeling asking for a certain size female sneaker the SA often says sorry we don't carry size for you even before i tell them what size. Usually stores nearby or online carry woman's size 10US as the maximum. Very odd because when i bought my first stiletto booties the SA said your lucky we have them in stock usually the bigger sizes sell out first. It tells me something that woman have bigger size feet these times or males buy them for themselves. Never seen a male wear heels for years. Again i don't get out much where i see them at concerts or fashion awards party's.

• 1 month later...

Had a nice thrift store experience today.   I have really been wanting a new pair of knee high boots, but have gotten to the point where I want just leather, not man made materials....

Champagne taste on a beer budget I guess.   Stopped in at a local thrift store with the usual results, the few pairs I would consider seemed too small.  There was one nice all leather pair but the size was listed as 9.5 or 41, I wear 11/43s.  Really liked the boots, so decided to try them on anyway.  Just sat down and put the boots on under my levis, the seemed to fit perfectly. 

I strolled up to the female cashier, she said "I think those boots will look stunning on you...."   Didn't know if she was joking, but replied:  "I think so too!"  A great day, not my ideal boots, but pretty good for $10!

• 4 weeks later...

Starting to loose faith in Payless ! This all started about two weeks ago with the purchase of the PENELOPE MID-WEDGE . I am sure you all have seen just the perfect shoe and had to get it . You get home wear them around and they just don't look as good in the mirror at home as they did in the store mirror . Naturally at this point they must be returned .

The return trip , Goody Goody , more shoe shopping !!!!  Things went down hill pretty quick when my wife and I went to exchange them for another style the WOMEN'S SUMMER ESPADRILLE HIGH WEDGE . We went to several Payless stores on our quest for the espadrilles and as we were shopping ...not seeing what I was looking for . The nice young ladies and one gentleman would check the "lot locator" and offer the suggestion "you may want to check on line" . The only constant with every Payless was the lack of inventory and not in just my sizes 12 or 11 wide , but , my wife's size 8 as well . Several of the stores had closed as well . This looks like Payless may be down sizing or going to online . Either way this is very disappointing to me . Checking out shoes and trying on various styles are half the fun of wearing heels .

In the end I did find the WOMEN'S SUMMER ESPADRILLE HIGH WEDGE ... in the floral pattern . Has anyone else noticed these issues with Payless ? I did send an email to Payless asking the same question and the response was to check Payless on line and no answer to my questions . I look forward to hearing from you all .

Respectfully , MIP