Funny Thing Happened Last Sunday.

onhertoes

I was walking around the mall and spotted these two ladys in very high heels. One girl was in great pain from her heels. The other was walking like she knew how to walk and had no pain. She had a very graceful walk. When they went into a store I went in also to ask her about her heels. I just told her I loved her graceful walk she does with those heels. Then I said how long did it take you to handle that high heel ? She laughed and said 20 yrs.. She was not a day over 30 yrs old..  I guess it makes sense..LOL

It always pays to compliment nice looking women in heels. I'm always doing that and I get rewarded with some great conversations about heels and fashion all the time, from the ladies.

Keep the compliments coming!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks, Steve for that compliment. Yes I do compliment women dressed sharply in heels. It's a great way to open a conversation about high heels and fashion. I love to talk about shoes especially to the ladies, as I regularly do.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Color me skeptical. Following two women into the store to compliment them is kind of creepy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If he had not told you would you had question it?

What's your point?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Color me skeptical. Following two women into the store to compliment them is kind of creepy.

It was the only way to compliment them. And they did not think so, It's not like I followed them all over the place. Nothing creepy at all. I think when a women go's out of her way to really dress up and look good people should compliment them. 

Thanks, Steve for that compliment. Yes I do compliment women dressed sharply in heels. It's a great way to open a conversation about high heels and fashion. I love to talk about shoes especially to the ladies, as I regularly do.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I do the same thing. And the lady's love it !

Shafted,

I think you are perhaps too skeptical in this situation. Sure, with little else to go by, it might sound creepy to follow women just to compliment them, but if it's a casual encounter after entering the store, no big deal. Sounds to me like Onhertoes handled it ok. Bluejay and I compliment women we don't know all the time, and most of them love it when we do it. But it's not like we're hitting on them. It's just a friendly smile and a compliment and that's all, unless they want to engage in further discussion.

Steve

So do I, but I don't follow them into a store to do it. I just let the opportunity go. It's just way too easy for it to be taken the wrong way. We have to use some common sense on these matters.

I suppose I'm not skeptical that it happened, but be aware that not all heel wearing women will react the same way. It may the lack of detail in the original account that raised my concern.

I suspect the lack of detail is indeed the case, but your advice is still excellent. If a man compliments a woman (whom he doesn't know) on her heels and the women doesn't react in a positive, friendly, welcoming way, it's best for him to exercise some immediate damage control and quickly move on, as if he weren't a pervert. LOL

Steve

I suspect the lack of detail is indeed the case, but your advice is still excellent. If a man compliments a woman (whom he doesn't know) on her heels and the women doesn't react in a positive, friendly, welcoming way, it's best for him to exercise some immediate damage control and quickly move on, as if he weren't a pervert. LOL

Steve

I have never had that happen yet. Maybe I have a trusting kind of look or something. But I can see a guy looking odd if he just mumbles out "your shoes turn me on" . I say just about the same thing every time " Wow your shoes are amazing" And look her in the eye.

I adore getting compliments from men on my choice of footwear.

I have to admit though I never used to enjoy the often creepy shoe staring episodes I experienced in public places, airports, restaurants etc.

I've usually noticed it while im seated and almost always alone. In my peripheral vision. There he is, another one, a shoe starer.

You'd be surprised actually just how many there are out there, unless of course you're female and wear heels. There's also the ones who hear you coming and turn around, trying not to make it obvious that they're not staring at your shoes. They sit and watch you go by ...Hmm I wonder, would even the peodophiles turn on them if they ended up in prison ?

Thankfully I'm over that now, ever since I inadvertantly joined what I thought to be a regular shoe fashion site. Suddenly, there they all were, dressing up in them, even openly discussing shoe staring and even sharing candid shoe photographs.

Never again will I get goose bumps when I hear a man walking behind me on a dark and empty street, and no more will I feel the cold sweat on the back of my neck when I'm followed into a shoe store and addressed by one.

Now I know all about you and who you are it's really not quite so scary anymore.    :-)

All sounds a bit creepy to me, yes the first thing I notice about women is their shoes but I keep that to myself, no way in any shape of form would I ask a lady about her shoes.

life is not a rehearsal

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting post Amanda. ( I am always interested to hear what u have to say). Perhaps I stare too much at times and I understand the uncomfortable feeling from it. But the shoes are there and gone so fast. I don't dress like a woman other than shoes which I do wear every day all day. I was in a store and walked up to check out. There was a man there that noticed the front of my shoes, heels could not be seen. As I stood there I could sense him behind me leaning around trying to look at my shoes. I thought to myself is this how woman feel and how do they put up with men. I would actually prefer someone to just ask me about my shoes but in a proper and Perhaps descrete way.

• 2 weeks later...

Amanda, Heels2u. Good points there being in both aspects at times. It's handling the eye contact discretely. I think on a lady I noticed a couple of weeks ago wearing very nice grey/cream courts but very high for her foot size. The major point was that she spent most of the time standing without figeting. Did want to pass a comment as leaving but she was deep in conversation with someone and didn't want to be rude. Al

But at what point does it become creepy following though? I mean I can understand it if you're in a store and you sort of bump into eachother, but to go actually into a store after a women to talk to her? I can see why some people would take that as creepy. What would be the 'acceptable' amount of following? :wink:

Personally the point is sort of moot though, as I see so few women in heels and even fewer who knew how to wear them well. If I saw five of them in the past five years that was probably a lot. 

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I'm lucky to work at a job like Target then, haha!

I'm stocking shelving into opening hours, usually no more than two hours past opening. Even then, I've had female guests come in wearing the nicest heels ever, although few and far in between. Sunday, I've noticed, seem to be the day ladies go all-out (for the man in the sky & his day of service).

I say I'm "lucky" because I could probably let a compliment such as "You look very nice today, miss" & I imagine she'd accept it, no questions asked. I might be able to let a "Your heels look very nice today, miss" fly by & no double take, though a bit more risky.

Actually, a curious question: If I were to say that & you were a woman, would you take it as a part of protocol (being nice to the guest, etc.) or would you see it as a creep using his job to his advantage?

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck being Fast Fun & Friendly... i worked at Target for 10 years... i complimented women on their shoes and even tried on their shoes while helping them try on Target shoes ( I don't recommend trying that unless you have some great ppl skills! :) ) But to answer your question... They'll take it as a compliment. .. just don't make it weird and it won't be weird! Compliment away!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been my experience to pay attention to the environment you are in before stating a compliment. I have made compliments to women in shoe stores and had good responses when in a shoe store  trying on heels with my wife .  If I had been by myself trying on work boots I may have been slapped !! When going out to clubs there is never a problem giving compliments to women or guys in heels . Compliments in my opinion should only be given in the right atmosphere and in a way as to not seem "creepy".