Small Feet Vs Heel Height

bionicbabe

I have a friend she has really small feet, a 5. My question is does a 4 inch heel in this small of a foot feel like a 6inch heels to a lady with bigger feet. Also my boots have a 4 inch heel size 11 mens would my 4 inch heel be compairable to a 3inch heel or less for most ladys with average feet?

1 wear size 7uk my foot is approximately 9 inches long. 4 inch heels are comfy and I can walk normally. So the same heel height in a size 5 would create a steeper angle, making wearing them like someone with a larger shoe size wearing a higher heel.

From what I know, the heel size is usually given on a size 7 or 7.5.  What happens is that a size 12 will have a higher heel than a size 5.  I have bought boots that are marketed as a 4" heel but when I get them they have a 4.5" heel.  

Another way to look at it is that my wife and I have bought the exact same boots but in different sizes.  The heels on my boots are usually half an inch higher than my wife's.

I hope this helps you.

1 wear size 7uk my foot is approximately 9 inches long. 4 inch heels are comfy and I can walk normally.

I also wear a 7uk and my foot is 10" long. I also find 4" a comfortable heel height.

The ball of my foot is at 7" (i.e. 70% of the length of my foot), so on that basis (and assuming roughly ¼" difference in total foot length for each whole shoe size step) to get the same angle of steepness I'd estimate that you take ¼" off the heel height for every 2 sizes you go down (i.e. a 3¾" heel for a 5uk, a 3½" heel for a 3uk). That's a smaller change in heel-height than I'd have guessed instinctively, but of course it's just a crude rule-of-thumb and I'd be fascinated to know how well that agrees with shoemaking industry practice.

If you like it, wear it.

I wouldn't call Louboutins low quality shoes. Their heels are the same height across the sizes.

Some shoes are made for their shape (in which the heel height will vary) and some are made according to a set heel height. The price is irrelevant.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It is important that the proportions be the same for any size shoes, for I want the heels that caught my fancy to, look the same in my size. This means the height of the heels doesn't matter as much as maintaining the same slope and profile of the modeled heels. The heels in my avatar would not be the same shoes should their slopes reflect more horizontal inclines. This doesn't mean that quarter to five inch heels aren't as good as higher heels, but it is in the achieved totality of the look you desire to portray, express, and/or wear that should determine this factor.

Here is a show size (US Women's sizes) to foot length (in inches).

Size (US Women) 5 5.5   6.0   6.5   7.0   7.5   8.0   8.5    9.0    9.5   10.0   10.5   11.0   11.5   12.0

Inches          9 9.125 9.250 9.375 9.500 9.625 9.750 9.875 10.000 10.125 10.250 10.375 10.500 10.625 10.750

• 1 year later...

I have two pairs of Pleaser DOM420 5.5" black pumps in size 12.  And you know what?  I can wear them comfortably all day long.  I went with size 12 because Pleasers are notorious for not being true-to-size (I normally wear an 11).  They are a bit loose and my heels slide out of them, but that doesn't bother me one bit.  The angle isn't nearly as steep in a 12 as one might think.