I...think I Want [This Shoe]...

ChipsHH

I'm going to get straight to the point of this topic:

Have you ever second-guessed a pair of heels that you thought you were for certain you wanted, but backed out on getting for the time being?

I Just did that a few hours ago at Payless. I'm looking hard at some clogs for work, and am pretty set on some heels to attend a H.S. play this week, opening night. They're doing their BOGO sale again & I was hoping to go in, get both pairs of shoes, and walk out. Alas....*Sigh* I'm mainly worried about the acceptance I'd receive for them at work. A reviewer on the Payless site stated he had gotten them for his job, but his job & mine - stocker at a big-name company - are two totally different jobs, & people might not always see eye-to-eye with you. Or, if you're lucky, they won't even bat an eye. Safe to say I'm hoping for the latter.

I also have not bought a pair of heels in quite some time, which is weird because, especially when I have money, I usually don't hesitate so much that I have to wonder if the pair is worth the price tag (which is 35$). It could be a combination of the price &, again, the fear of acceptance if I should wear them to work. I went to the store after work & turns out my work pants don't even come close to covering them as I had anticipated.

I included the pair in question in the attachment.

post-1674-0-61597500-1383001714_thumb.jp

Formally "HHDude"

Do it!!  I wear clogs to work all the time.  The only question I get is "Are they comfortable?"  Frequently, I receive compliments from both men and women.  And yes, they are women's clogs just like the rest of my clogs and shoes.  My guess is that anything said will be positive.  Good luck.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Those do not look very "feminine" in nature.  I saw those today and did not even think about them as they just looked like a male shoe to me - nothing to float my boat.  GO FOR THEM if you like the look and feel of them.  I really doubt any comment will go your way.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I'm going to get straight to the point of this topic:

Have you ever second-guessed a pair of heels that you thought you were for certain you wanted, but backed out on getting for the time being?

I Just did that a few hours ago at Payless. I'm looking hard at some clogs for work, and am pretty set on some heels to attend a H.S. play this week, opening night. They're doing their BOGO sale again & I was hoping to go in, get both pairs of shoes, and walk out. Alas....*Sigh* I'm mainly worried about the acceptance I'd receive for them at work. A reviewer on the Payless site stated he had gotten them for his job, but his job & mine - stocker at a big-name company - are two totally different jobs, & people might not always see eye-to-eye with you. Or, if you're lucky, they won't even bat an eye. Safe to say I'm hoping for the latter.

I also have not bought a pair of heels in quite some time, which is weird because, especially when I have money, I usually don't hesitate so much that I have to wonder if the pair is worth the price tag (which is 35$). It could be a combination of the price &, again, the fear of acceptance if I should wear them to work. I went to the store after work & turns out my work pants don't even come close to covering them as I had anticipated.

I included the pair in question in the attachment.

Posted Image137760_4_490x490.jpg

HHDude,

Those are unisex  clogs. Dansko makes them for both men and women professionals that are on their feet a lot.  Dansko are very pricey and you will pay over $100.00 for a pair of Dansko professional clogs. No one will even bat an eyelash if you wore those clogs out at all. Take my word for it.

Next time you are in a hospital you will see many doctors, nurses both men and women wearing that type of clog. Also many professional chef's wear those type of clogs.

Enjoy wearing your new clogs!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Agreed, those are perfect for work and typically low heeled clogs are very comfortable to wear all day.  No one will even think twice about those being something out of the norm if you wear them to work.

Although, if you (or anyone else) does get them from Payless, I would be interested in your review of them.  I see only one review for them on the Payless site and it was not a good one at all.

Clogs are my year round shoe staple. Nearly all mine are from Sanita. Short story, Sanita used to manufacture Dansko in Europe. They had a split with Dansko who now makes theirs in China. Sanita are still made in Europe, mostly Poland. I think I have a total of 8 pairs of assorted clogs. Yes, it's true that I only see another man wearing clogs once or twice a year, but nobody has ever even remotely implied that they disapproved of my work footwear choices -- this is in a conservative New England government office. I've even worn them at the gym a few times.

Oh, do go ahead and wear them to work. This style is how I got my "start," only mine were backless. I wore them everywhere for several years before I got up the nerve to wear actual "high" heels. Believe me, no one will much notice.