What Heels Go With...?

SleekHeels

I usually choose heels first and then try to find clothes to match, but sometimes I struggle the other way around finding heels to match the clothes, so...  what heels go with this white textured midi skirt ?

post-12051-0-18602000-1379030006_thumb.j

(I hope this can be a generic topic for when others have similar fashion dllemmas with heels).

If you like it, wear it.

That's easy! It's white. Pretty much anything goes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sleek Heels,  

You have asked one of the questions most men have never really been taught in the formal sense. We've usually have to wing it as we select our attire, which for men means we deal mostly in neutral or limited coloring and the same repetitive bland or boring shapes for the sake of being practical. One of the most enjoyable courses that I had the pleasure of attending was an introductory to fashion designing. I should retake this course again and also enroll in some exercise program to help reduce or eliminate being perceived as one eating for two. 

I agree with Steve. White and black always go together. I wear those color combos a lot. Just last Sunday, I wore white dress pants with a black camp shirt, black patent pumps and carried my, Nine & Co., black leather bag. I got a couple compliments on my look.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks, that's got me thinking of colour separate from style, and it made me realise that it's the style I'm not so sure about. The skirt is quite tight-fitting and the hem comes down to just below mid-calf. For some reason I just can't picture that with a classic stilleto court shoe (though that'd look great if the skirt was more a "floaty" style or shorter).

Reading your suggestions, my current favourite idea is with black leather knee boots, which raises the issue of material too - I don't think suede boots would work with this bodycon midi fit of skirt, but leather would let the fabric of the skirt slide more easily (with tall boots at least). Ankle-boots I can't see working at all. Sandals maybe, but narrow or wide straps with a slender or chunkier heel?

Midi skirts seem very popular in the shops now, I'll have to keep an eye out as to what heels people are wearing with them. One thing's for sure, flats are a no-go for me, I definitely need the leg-lengthening effect of heels for this style of skirt.

Thanks again for your ideas.

If you like it, wear it.

I agree with Shafted. If you're going to wear a white skirt, just match the top, shoes and handbag. I like black and white together. Black top, black shoes, black bag, maybe? Steve

Oh, I agree! The monochromatic angle of such an outfit would be amazingly dramatic! In fact, that would work equally well with a red top, shoes and bag!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sleek Heels,  I don't think you can beat the contrast of black and white and there are many who seem to agree. If you're willing to wear such a body-con skirt then I'd agree you also have to show those legs so give strong consideration to classic pumps with stiletto heels, I'd say anything under 5" is doing a disservice to your skirt. A knee boot with a 5" or higher heel may really make the skirt stand out which is exactly what you want, isn't it?? Wear that black and white and then strap on those stilettoes!!  HappyinHeels

Imagining the skirt with lower and higher heels, I'd have to agree, a higher heel would definitely work better. At 5" that's getting into platform territory for me (a 4½" rise is about the highest I like with my UK7/US9 size), but thinking about it a small platform would look good with the mid-calf bodycon fit of the skirt. Thanks for the ideas.

If you like it, wear it.

Midi skirts seem very popular in the shops now, I'll have to keep an eye out as to what heels people are wearing with them. One thing's for sure, flats are a no-go for me, I definitely need the leg-lengthening effect of heels for this style of skirt.

Well, speaking from experience, I've found that a midi (or calf length) skirts looks nicest with knee high boots, and with fall right around the corner, that would make for quite an intriguing combination. I remember seeing numerous women wearing midiskirts with riding boots last fall, and while that was a charming look, heeled boots would be equally sharp. I'm looking forward to wearing that combo myself as the weather turns cooler as long skirts with boots of any heel height are very stylish.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to fall into the black/white trap a lot.  I suggest a top with a strong contrasting color like (RED) and a more subtle (like black) blazer or black leather jacket.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks TBG, I also like the denim jacket as an escape from the black/white trap, and that works with your idea of a strong colour too. I tried something similar a couple of months back and it seemed to work well.

post-12051-0-90438200-1381966969_thumb.j

That could work with the all-white skirt too, but with black stiletto knee boots now that winter's arrived (and a black blazer/jacket as you suggested). I've decided that the skirt definitely needs a high stiletto heel, and either bare-legs or boots which gives some winter possibilities as well as summer.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks TBG, I also like the denim jacket as an escape from the black/white trap, and that works with your idea of a strong colour too. I tried something similar a couple of months back and it seemed to work well.

Posted Imageoutfit10a.jpg

That could work with the all-white skirt too, but with black stiletto knee boots now that winter's arrived (and a black blazer/jacket as you suggested). I've decided that the skirt definitely needs a high stiletto heel, and either bare-legs or boots which gives some winter possibilities as well as summer.

That's a knockout combo Sleekheels. Skirts aren't my thing, but it works very well on you.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I usually choose heels first and then try to find clothes to match, but sometimes I struggle the other way around finding heels to match the clothes, so...  what heels go with this white textured midi skirt ?

Posted ImageNLwhitemidiskirt.jpg

(I hope this can be a generic topic for when others have similar fashion dllemmas with heels).

White linen covered heels would work quite well IMO.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents:

I don't recall what side of the sea you're from, but I know that Bare Feet Shoes are getting in some eye-catching knee-high boots in stock. i tried them on at the store today & found them to be mighty nice, probably better in a skirt than my work pants, haha. I don't know how high you're looking, especially with a platform, but I'd suggest checking the site for an idea on what you might be going for. They pretty much have the stiletto boots & the thicker heeled boots so choose your fancy & let things fall in place~

Formally "HHDude"