The Suit.

ilikekicks

Dresses, skirts, shorts.. skinny jeans.. How about suits? Suits, be them male or female, can have quite a ' cool ' look and at the same time, seem casual. I like Jumpsuits and some rompers, but a ' suit ' seems to be in the same vein yet different in regards to what it presents. Some pics I came across off yahoo. I could have worn many of these last fall or even up to this spring but have gained quite a bit of weight. Should loose quite a bit of it though and MAYBE have the ability to sport something like this again..

post-12379-0-05572500-1378683307_thumb.j

post-12379-0-68924700-1378683318_thumb.j

post-12379-0-45519100-1378683335_thumb.j

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Interesting idea.

Me personally - haven't wore a suit for 20 some years.

I still have some old vintage silk ties that are from the 40's and 50's. Not sure why I keep them around other than I think if I ever needed one again, I'd wear one of these ties.

I shouldn't be replying to posts at 4:00 AM when I should be getting ready to head into work. My brain isn't out of second gear yet.

Got looking at your selections, and I have to wonder if I make it work. I kinda like the third option, but I;m more likely to substitue something like black denim.

Either way, Getting the fit might require a bit of alterations. Then the question ofr "where woud I wear it" rears it 's head. Seems anymore, I'm over dressed if I have on a pair of boots, decent jeans, and any shirt that has more than two buttons.

I really like the suit look and enjoy wearing them with heels. Personally I prefer to see something worn under the blazer, so I liked Jessica Alba's look best in that respect. I also tend to prefer a longer flared trouser like in the Blake Lively photo (though they are perhaps a touch too long) - that's also a lovely shade of blue. (I wanted to wear a similar suit in white with a royal blue shirt and heels, but our summer weather seems to have vanished and I'd enjoy that look on a sunny day). The shorter tapered trousers in photo #3 wouldn't work at all for me but Stacey Keibler wears them well. The shiny texture, different from the jacket, just goes to show that it doesn't have to be a matching suit, there are a lot of possibilities with formal separates too.

I can see Heelster's point about "where would I wear it" living in "the sticks", it's definitely more of a city look.

If you like it, wear it.

Say something on Yahoo today about the female wearing suits.  The first thought was "and why isit OK for her to wear suits and he is lokked upon as 'different' if he wears heels"  Just the way it is at the moment most places.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Some pics I came across off yahoo. I could have worn many of these last fall or even up to this spring but have gained quite a bit of weight. Should loose quite a bit of it though and MAYBE have the ability to sport something like this again..

I wondered how you'd put on weight, then I read your story about the brush with the speeding law and read about your lunch. ;)  But working in the fields it must be all muscle.  I'm glad to hear your hands are on the mend and you might be back to guitar playing.  Will you do us any more song games?

" Where to wear it " definitely is a question to ask though. 

Sleekheels : I like Albas suit the best. It just seems so damn casual on her.

Heelster : If your not dirty, your overdressed ' out here '. :D

Megan : I was almost up to 180lbs. Im off the hormones and steroids now. The Hands are fine but the whole ' music ' thing is a ways off till the weather turns sour and I have time in and out of doing ' maintenance ' on all of the equipment for the farm.

I am most of the time in suits for business reasons and eventually I would go for a more relaxed look by wearing shirt, jacket with jeans...

current fashion trend, at least here in Italy, seem to be on the skinny type of suits with narrow ends....

on a business suit I personally find difficult to wear some type of heel which is not block boot heel even if I am seen more often  some type of men's shoes with a "growing" wedge and this could be easily matched with this type of suit

a too flared pant, like oversize pant, would be a no no in my opinion..

Suited works well for me with heels, done it a few times and got away with it with quality positive comments. Although I'm a 32" waist which is good my above belt line belly is a touch podgy, I ought to do some work.

Love the blue, certainly the cut and the lady is stunning too.

Al

When suits are mentioned, most thoughts tend toward the present business look. However, there are more suit ensembles available to choose from. One option could come from a bolero jacket cover with a front ruffled or pleated shirt treatment with pants or jeans and heels. What about a jacket over a sweetheart neck lined accented shirt again with p/j&h? Then there are the show double takes like the Elvis Presley Aloha Hawaii type suits or the flamboyant Liberace jeweled, embroidered, and caped suits with heels, of course. These are a few examples of appareling that could be open choices for men. 

However, most men haven't realized their freedom to choose has diminished over the last 150 years. On the other hand, women did realize their rights to make choices had been limited, so they began a movement to achieve equal opportunities and choices. Now the socially created male stereotyping has limited men's wardrobe choices to the practical and socially essential applications of attiring. Society refuses to acknowledge or give credence to the males that exhibit their desires to wear attire that differs with the man-made social standards. Yet women with their stereotypically deemed inferior ability towards practical reasoning, they have the freedom to choose their attire from whatever is available. Of course, I am jealous and angry that men have relinquished away their freedom to publicly adorn their appearance with the items they have selected in secret, because of society's stereotyping. It really is a pity that men and women are considered defective, if they make choices for their personal appearance and life goals that doesn't follow the norms of the day.

Forward : 

Histiletto: ( And others! This isnt directed towards you specifically ).

Im being practical here.. Not trying to be argumentative ( some will say im being such.. ), but this is getting VERY OLD! I have no grasp on the reality you speak of in your response to this thread. I really cannot comprehend the mentalities that are being presented. I typed this as I went along in an ' Improv mode ' where I just typed out the first thing that came to mind when I *tried* to understand it. It didnt make much sense to me at all so.. Im kind-of looking for ' understanding ' on my own part as to whats actually being said.

Maybe my comprehension is ' that low ' or maybe im of a different level of consciousness? Maybe a different plain of reality altogether? 

However, most men haven't realized their freedom to choose has diminished over the last 150 years.

Ive only lived in the last 45ish. Call 35 of those years where I was ' conscious ' of my choices. I've always chosen what I wished or what appealed to me. This isnt limited to just clothing. It includes musical instruments, tools, cars, trucks.. all too many things. From the color of my livingroom to how many cows are in the barn.. all choices of my own.

*I* choose what I want to wear. If someone doesnt make something in my size, I can go to a seamstress or tailor ( as I have in the past or as others have done for themselves ) and have it made. My ' choices ' are actually limitless and I have all the freedom to pursue such routes.

150 years? I cannot account for 115 of those you have mentioned. For 35 of them, I would have to seriously disagree with such being ' factual '.

On the other hand, women did realize their rights to make choices had been limited, so they began a movement to achieve equal opportunities and choices. Now the socially created male stereotyping has limited men's wardrobe choices to the practical and socially essential applications of attiring.

WTF? Seriously. Are you being 100% honest in YOUR assumption here? If you are, I would have you look at the Jaunts, Adventures and other similar threads presented on this site. They would show quite a bit of a differing perspective.

For the last 2 years, I have been out in a neon pink dress to doctors visits, strutted around in a pair of neon pink platforms at Niagara Falls, certainly not a ' small vue ' by any means, especially during tourist season.. I wear different forms/brands of wedge boots on a daily basis.. I dont own a single pair of mens shoes..

I will go as far to say as I absolutely LOVE Satin!

Again, Im not trying to be argumentative, but I do not see at all, the reality of what your stipulating here. I believe I know what the ' catch ' is though..

You ( and others ) are TOLD to believe in something. Many people are. When the masses are shovel fed bullshit for so long and from so many different sources, its assumed to be ' the truth '. Its really ' not the truth '. I dont say such as being *my* perspective or ' fact ', but read the threads here.. from all over the planet.. different people, men, going out and about.. in the clothes they have freely chosen to wear..

Until those of the closed minded belief of ' society says ' drops the dependence of having others think for them, there will always be these ' self fears ' imposed individuals.

Many of us have seen the bullshit for what it is and said ' not for me anymore '.

Society refuses to acknowledge or give credence to the males that exhibit their desires to wear attire that differs with the man-made social standards.

' Social Standards '? Whos ' social standards '? Mine? Yours? My wifes? The guy down the street from you? The dude 3 farms over from the one I live on? The people from my old neighborhood in the City of Buffalo, New York?

News for everybody : They are all different. There is NO ' Standard '.

If you did a survey of the members on this site, on everything outside of the subject of ' fashion/clothing '. I bet you would see a smorgish-board/buffet to all different degrees on just about anything. 

You say ' Society ', of which I am ( supposedly ) a part of. I believe in the concept of ' to each their own ' as do all too many others I have met in all forms of walk, creed or color. I would say the ' Majority ' of people couldnt give a damn what I wear so long as I dont look trashy or have my pants hanging around my knees.

I bring this all up because theres the SAME CONSTANT COMPLAINT or stipulation in all too many threads here. The stipulation simply isnt true. Need proof?

Look at the threads here and the responses people recieve. Does JeffB ever get hassled? The Guy wears denim minis and carries a bag/purse!!! ( looks damn good doing it according to the women around me whom have seen his pics! ) Has he ever written of anything of the sorts stipulating someone being confrontational or offensive to what hes wearing? Has he ever stated he has no freedom of choice in what he wants to wear?

The dude is on like Jaunt 200 or something like that! 200 outings, how many bad incidents?

Ive had one heckler and one idiot in all my ' struts ' out there whom have been adversarial. Considering what I have been wearing every day for the last 2 years.. I would have to say the ( possibly ) millions of people I have been in viewing of have had nothing bad or misgiving towards what I was wearing or myself for that matter.

Im truly starting to believe all those that mention ' Social this ' or ' social that ' when they say people arent accepted are the ones whom truly have the issues. Not ' Society in general '.

Again, not as an argument, but those of us ' out there ' wearing what we want ( in the present day ) really havent had these ' social issues ' or ' acceptance ' problems.

Yet women with their stereotypically deemed inferior ability towards practical reasoning, they have the freedom to choose their attire from whatever is available.

Huh? Tell my wife shes inferior. *I* wont! I like life! :D

Your making assumptions that *I* just dont believe reflect what really is happening. Its not just YOU, but quite a few people on this site . Not a ' majority ' by any means as just like you, I desire to wear what I do and have done so ( I dont know if you go out and strut/wear what you wish. After making such a statement in regards to whats acceptable, I would hope you to be a trend setter/leader and try to knock down such a self-imposed limitation. ).

Of course, I am jealous and angry that men have relinquished away their freedom to publicly adorn their appearance with the items they have selected in secret, because of society's stereotyping.

I have? Jeff has? Rockpup has? Pumpcat has? Shafted has? BlueJay has?Did I forget anyone? ( Sorry if I did ;). The list is getting longer and longer all the time! Kudos Gents! ) 

I mention the above from the pictures they have posted. JeffB has his picture posted on some website from one of his jaunts. I dont think he even knew the pic was taken. I dont think he cared either. It wasnt in his house/private, it was at a bookstore of some kind.

Shafted has all kinds of pics from the Theater of him in his boots. Stilettos at that along with skinny jeans.

I believe I have posted a few pics from some of my outings.

Theres just too many examples out there that dont jive with what your saying and all of those from the examples will probably come from the same vibe I do that says ' just wear what you want, nobody cares '.

If your ' jealous ' or ' angry ', thats of your own making. Thats something for your own consideration, but its not healthy at all. Put all of that behind you and just be at peace with yourself, forget what ' social this ' and ' social that ' people/standards or whatever its titled today is implying as its all bullshit/rubbish. Dont buy into it and become angry or jealous.

It really is a pity that men and women are considered defective, if they make choices for their personal appearance and life goals that doesn't follow the norms of the day.    

So.. were all defective then?

I need to REALLY ask.. and I think this is my final ' breaking point '..

Again, theres been a LOT of people whom have cried ' foul ' about ' acceptance ' and ' tolerance ' and ' socially this ' or ' socially that '.. all of the ' over intellectualism '..

How can people live with themselves worrying about such small petty shit? SERIOUSLY! I can honestly see why the Pharmaceutical Industry is prospering in the anxiety medz fields!

If its true that the majority of civilization worries about what the person next to them is wearing, Im in a minority and I WELCOME such a position.

Im in a real world perspective that those whom are pointing out all these ' socially this ' or ' socially that ' are the ones whom live closeted lives or in ' fantasy land '. They have all too many issues within their own minds or feelings of inferiority or something. Why worry about something so petty?

The reality of it all is : Wear what you wish. Some will like it, some wont. If people dont care for what your wearing, you dont have to be company to them nor they to you. There ARE in fact ' Choices ', but they arent always the ones we wish for or care for so.. we ' complain ' or try to blame some ' social entity ' for ones self-misery.

Does EVERYONE want to know when it will be ' ok ' for men to go out and wear what they want with no reprisals? I know the answer!

When the whining stops!

It starts with *US*, the guys whom wish to wear what we want! I'll support other men whom wish to wear what they want, but quit being a bunch of pansies already! Wear what you want and look good doing it! The ONLY thing stopping you from doing it is your own fears and inferiority's! Not ' Social standards ' or any other intellectually challenged bullshit/rubbish.

Seriously.. this ( complaining about being tolerated/accepted/socially-whatever ) is as stale as a 4 week old loaf of bread. Get out there wearing what you want, drop your self imposed limits!

Im gonna buy me a nice suit. I couldnt give a care to what ' social standards ' or any ' in-need-of-head-medz ' sociopath's standards might be.

Now for the Satyr ( The part Ive REALLY been wanting to say! ;) ) :

"If someone is soooo worried about their ' Social Standards ' or ' Social Status '.. Im sure someone makes some pills or some form of medication to make all those problems go away.. la la land where reality is just what you wish to see! Youll never feel hopeless or lonely again! They will all accept you for who you are and what you wear. There will be rainbows and acceptance for everyone and 3 square meals of tolerance every day!" <-- bridge for one of my bands new songs called ' medicated generation '

Theres 2 choices gents.

1.) Pout, complain about someone elses standards, some misery you will receive if you dont conform, live life less then full because of such.. basically have everyone else live your life for you as your a drone/puppet/socialite with no fortitude thats too worried about everyone else and what ' they think '.

-OR-

2.) Be yourself, be happy, wear what you desire so long as your ass isnt on display. Go and prosper! Live your life to the fullest! Enjoy what years you have as they are one of the few limits that you truly do have put upon you!

Now back to my foil hat..

Wow!  That was a mouthful!  And yes it all boils down to this last statement!

"2.) Be yourself, be happy, wear what you desire so long as your ass isn't on display. Go and prosper! Live your life to the fullest! Enjoy what years you have as they are one of the few limits that you truly do have put upon you!"

I like it!  Well said! :)

Well, back to the topic at hand, wearing a suit (or coordinated separates) would be great. While the examples ilikekicks presented were very nice, I'd opt for a pencil skirt instead of pants, but that's just me. Oh yeah, I'd definitely wear some sort of top, say like a camisole under a jacket as I don't have boobs to display! HA! And I'd have to have someplace special to wear such an ensemble, no trips to the comic store, Chick-Fil-A or Barnes & Noble! Double HA! Hmm! I'll have to see what I can whip up!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, back to the topic at hand, wearing a suit (or coordinated separates) would be great. While the examples ilikekicks presented were very nice, I'd opt for a pencil skirt instead of pants, but that's just me. Oh yeah, I'd definitely wear some sort of top, say like a camisole under a jacket as I don't have boobs to display! HA! And I'd have to have someplace special to wear such an ensemble, no trips to the comic store, Chick-Fil-A or Barnes & Noble! Double HA! Hmm! I'll have to see what I can whip up!

How about a ' Don Johnson ' type of shift to it? T-shirt under the ' coat '? I think that would look pretty casual.

I'd have to have someplace special to wear such an ensemble, no trips to the comic store, Chick-Fil-A or Barnes & Noble! Double HA! Hmm! I'll have to see what I can whip up!

A coffee shop in an office part of town would be a good choice.

If you like it, wear it.

How about a ' Don Johnson ' type of shift to it? T-shirt under the ' coat '? I think that would look pretty casual.

Hmm! That's a thought worth considering. And yeah, it would look quite casual.  

A coffee shop in an office part of town would be a good choice.

Yes it would, that, or a nice restaurant. I'm sure I could rock the "sleek businesswoman look" (fitted jacket; short, tight skirt, sky high heels) very well.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hmm! That's a thought worth considering. And yeah, it would look quite casual.

Thats what I like my ' look ' to be about. I cant wear a tie. I cant wear some uber-dressy clothes. I like ' casual ' as my entity/theme.

I'm sure I could rock the "sleek businesswoman look" (fitted jacket; short, tight skirt, sky high heels) very well.

You HAVE to do it now! My curiosity is perked! :D

Forward : 

Im being practical here.. Not trying to be argumentative ( some will say im being such.. ), but this is getting VERY OLD! I have no grasp on the reality you speak of in your response to this thread. I really cannot comprehend the mentalities that are being presented. I typed this as I went along in an ' Improv mode ' where I just typed out the first thing that came to mind when I *tried* to understand it. It didnt make much sense to me at all so.. Im kind-of looking for ' understanding ' on my own part as to whats actually being said.

Maybe my comprehension is ' that low ' or maybe im of a different level of consciousness? Maybe a different plain of reality altogether? 

Ive only lived in the last 45ish. Call 35 of those years where I was ' conscious ' of my choices. I've always chosen what I wished or what appealed to me. This isnt limited to just clothing. It includes musical instruments, tools, cars, trucks.. all too many things. From the color of my livingroom to how many cows are in the barn.. all choices of my own.

*I* choose what I want to wear. If someone doesnt make something in my size, I can go to a seamstress or tailor ( as I have in the past or as others have done for themselves ) and have it made. My ' choices ' are actually limitless and I have all the freedom to pursue such routes.

150 years? I cannot account for 115 of those you have mentioned. For 35 of them, I would have to seriously disagree with such being ' factual '.

WTF? Seriously. Are you being 100% honest in YOUR assumption here? If you are, I would have you look at the Jaunts, Adventures and other similar threads presented on this site. They would show quite a bit of a differing perspective.

For the last 2 years, I have been out in a neon pink dress to doctors visits, strutted around in a pair of neon pink platforms at Niagara Falls, certainly not a ' small vue ' by any means, especially during tourist season.. I wear different forms/brands of wedge boots on a daily basis.. I dont own a single pair of mens shoes..

Again, Im not trying to be argumentative, but I do not see at all, the reality of what your stipulating here. I believe I know what the ' catch ' is though..

You ( and others ) are TOLD to believe in something. Many people are. When the masses are shovel fed bullshit for so long and from so many different sources, its assumed to be ' the truth '. Its really ' not the truth '. I dont say such as being *my* perspective or ' fact ', but read the threads here.. from all over the planet.. different people, men, going out and about.. in the clothes they have freely chosen to wear..

Until those of the closed minded belief of ' society says ' drops the dependence of having others think for them, there will always be these ' self fears ' imposed individuals.

Many of us have seen the bullshit for what it is and said ' not for me anymore '.

' Social Standards '? Whos ' social standards '? Mine? Yours? My wifes? The guy down the street from you? The dude 3 farms over from the one I live on? The people from my old neighborhood in the City of Buffalo, New York?

If you did a survey of the members on this site, on everything outside of the subject of ' fashion/clothing '. I bet you would see a smorgish-board/buffet to all different degrees on just about anything. 

You say ' Society ', of which I am ( supposedly ) a part of. I believe in the concept of ' to each their own ' as do all too many others I have met in all forms of walk, creed or color. I would say the ' Majority ' of people couldnt give a damn what I wear so long as I dont look trashy or have my pants hanging around my knees.

I bring this all up because theres the SAME CONSTANT COMPLAINT or stipulation in all too many threads here. The stipulation simply isnt true. Need proof?

Look at the threads here and the responses people recieve. Does JeffB ever get hassled? The Guy wears denim minis and carries a bag/purse!!! ( looks damn good doing it according to the women around me whom have seen his pics! ) Has he ever written of anything of the sorts stipulating someone being confrontational or offensive to what hes wearing? Has he ever stated he has no freedom of choice in what he wants to wear?

The dude is on like Jaunt 200 or something like that! 200 outings, how many bad incidents?

Ive had one heckler and one idiot in all my ' struts ' out there whom have been adversarial. Considering what I have been wearing every day for the last 2 years.. I would have to say the ( possibly ) millions of people I have been in viewing of have had nothing bad or misgiving towards what I was wearing or myself for that matter.

Im truly starting to believe all those that mention ' Social this ' or ' social that ' when they say people arent accepted are the ones whom truly have the issues. Not ' Society in general '.

Again, not as an argument, but those of us ' out there ' wearing what we want ( in the present day ) really havent had these ' social issues ' or ' acceptance ' problems.

Your making assumptions that *I* just dont believe reflect what really is happening. Its not just YOU, but quite a few people on this site . Not a ' majority ' by any means as just like you, I desire to wear what I do and have done so ( I dont know if you go out and strut/wear what you wish. After making such a statement in regards to whats acceptable, I would hope you to be a trend setter/leader and try to knock down such a self-imposed limitation. ).

I have? Jeff has? Rockpup has? Pumpcat has? Shafted has? BlueJay has?Did I forget anyone? ( Sorry if I did ;). The list is getting longer and longer all the time! Kudos Gents! ) 

I mention the above from the pictures they have posted. JeffB has his picture posted on some website from one of his jaunts. I dont think he even knew the pic was taken. I dont think he cared either. It wasnt in his house/private, it was at a bookstore of some kind.

Shafted has all kinds of pics from the Theater of him in his boots. Stilettos at that along with skinny jeans.

Theres just too many examples out there that dont jive with what your saying and all of those from the examples will probably come from the same vibe I do that says ' just wear what you want, nobody cares '.

If your ' jealous ' or ' angry ', thats of your own making. Thats something for your own consideration, but its not healthy at all. Put all of that behind you and just be at peace with yourself, forget what ' social this ' and ' social that ' people/standards or whatever its titled today is implying as its all bullshit/rubbish. Dont buy into it and become angry or jealous.

Again, theres been a LOT of people whom have cried ' foul ' about ' acceptance ' and ' tolerance ' and ' socially this ' or ' socially that '.. all of the ' over intellectualism '..

How can people live with themselves worrying about such small petty shit? SERIOUSLY! I can honestly see why the Pharmaceutical Industry is prospering in the anxiety medz fields!

If its true that the majority of civilization worries about what the person next to them is wearing, Im in a minority and I WELCOME such a position.

Im in a real world perspective that those whom are pointing out all these ' socially this ' or ' socially that ' are the ones whom live closeted lives or in ' fantasy land '. They have all too many issues within their own minds or feelings of inferiority or something. Why worry about something so petty?

The reality of it all is : Wear what you wish. Some will like it, some wont. If people dont care for what your wearing, you dont have to be company to them nor they to you. There ARE in fact ' Choices ', but they arent always the ones we wish for or care for so.. we ' complain ' or try to blame some ' social entity ' for ones self-misery.

Does EVERYONE want to know when it will be ' ok ' for men to go out and wear what they want with no reprisals? I know the answer!

When the whining stops!

It starts with *US*, the guys whom wish to wear what we want! I'll support other men whom wish to wear what they want, but quit being a bunch of pansies already! Wear what you want and look good doing it! The ONLY thing stopping you from doing it is your own fears and inferiority's! Not ' Social standards ' or any other intellectually challenged bullshit/rubbish.

Seriously.. this ( complaining about being tolerated/accepted/socially-whatever ) is as stale as a 4 week old loaf of bread. Get out there wearing what you want, drop your self imposed limits!

Im gonna buy me a nice suit. I couldnt give a care to what ' social standards ' or any ' in-need-of-head-medz ' sociopath's standards might be.

"If someone is soooo worried about their ' Social Standards ' or ' Social Status '.. Im sure someone makes some pills or some form of medication to make all those problems go away.. la la land where reality is just what you wish to see! Youll never feel hopeless or lonely again! They will all accept you for who you are and what you wear. There will be rainbows and acceptance for everyone and 3 square meals of tolerance every day!" <-- bridge for one of my bands new songs called ' medicated generation '

Theres 2 choices gents.

1.) Pout, complain about someone elses standards, some misery you will receive if you dont conform, live life less then full because of such.. basically have everyone else live your life for you as your a drone/puppet/socialite with no fortitude thats too worried about everyone else and what ' they think '.

-OR-

2.) Be yourself, be happy, wear what you desire so long as your ass isnt on display. Go and prosper! Live your life to the fullest! Enjoy what years you have as they are one of the few limits that you truly do have put upon you!

Like.  But you missed one point:

However, most men haven't realized their freedom to choose has diminished over the last 150 years. On the other hand, women did realize their rights to make choices had been limited, so they began a movement to achieve equal opportunities and choices. 

Chaps, there's a world of difference between being legally disenfranchised (unenfranchised, maybe, a we'd never had the vote) or paid less for the same work, and feeling put out that not everyone likes what you wear.

Pop a visit to my gallery circa 2010

Al

Suited but not booted! LOVE IT! Thanks!

Chaps, there's a world of difference between being legally disenfranchised (unenfranchised, maybe, a we'd never had the vote) or paid less for the same work, and feeling put out that not everyone likes what you wear.

Quite true and while I feel all too many of ' Us ' ( as in guys wearing what most would call ' womens clothes ' ) DO in fact have the liberty to wear what we wish.

The problem ( IMO ) is people have really lost touch with what is ' true reality '. Theres more ' worry ' and reasons brought up to not do something when its perfectly legal ( in regards to the subject at hand ).

Theres no laws stating I cant wear a pair of high heels. Theres no law saying I cant sport one of those suits posted in my original message. Im not into such items, but I could wear a corset, garters and stockings.. maybe even nylon/satin under garments.. Its all legal and I wouldnt be hauled off in shackles for doing such.

The ONLY thing and ONLY factor determining what I wear is what I have purchased or been offered. If I dont have something its quite obvious I cant wear it. :D . Well.. that and if the wife gets jealous.. but thats a ' consideration ' on my part for her esteem :D

We ( everyone whom is viewing this ) can wear what we wish to or choose to. Its our OWN choice to do such and thats the limits of it. ' Repercussions ' is the term used by many people/men/entities that has often been brought up yet I havent faced them. Will others? If they let a situation as such exist, they probably will.

Point being, many people want things to go in one direction but its their own fears or insecurities that prevent the ' progress ' ( for lack of better terms. Wouldnt be progress for me as I already go out and about in what I wish but for them.. ) they desire.

Being frank.. " Thats easy for you to say/do! Your not married to my wife or dont have a family that would kick you out or... ", Quite correct. I would never put myself in such a situation and being honest with those around me in my beliefs has allowed me to do/try different things and see what I liked or didnt.

More people would appreciate others being honest to them about their true selves then to harbor something.

I just looked at Al's pics from 3 years ago. 3 YEARS AGO. JeffB started his Jaunts in Oct of 2008. 5 years ago! SleekHeels started his thread in Mar of 2001, 2.5ish years ago. The ' Gold Medal ' winner I found in the lot was ThighBootGuy's thread he started wayyyy back in 2003 about " Thigh Boots in Public ". Lets not forget SpikesMike at the country auctions in Pleaser Platforms that was seen recently. How about those whom attended the " 

4Th Annual North America Heel/boot Meet (Chicago) March 2, 2013"

I dont think theres any ' progress ' that needs to be made. I truly dont. I believe that as individuals, we have to come to terms with what we will allow ourselves to wear and what we wont. If we have a desire to wear something and we dont because of some ' outside influence ', Thats on us as an individual and we shouldnt complain. Nobody is forcing upon us what we wear. Nobody is dressing us in the morning. We are adults and dress ourselves ( outside of those with a handicap being excluded/omitted ).

People will resent me for saying such, but the examples presented show reality for what it is. If I was wrong, how could all those people mentioned have put on those clothes in more then one instance covering a good timeframe?

As you stated though, suffragette and its movement was a different entity on its own. That was laws dictation elements of ( I hate this word ) ' society '.

Be well!

-Ilk

I agree. Feminism appears to have a complicated relationship with femininity and I won't pretend to understand it. Certainly I have no delusions that women enjoy fashion freedom while men are somehow "oppressed" and denied this freedom. If anything women face much harsher criticism about their body image and what they're wearing than men do. While some women conform to that pressure, other women are brave enough to step out there regardless, and men are free to make the same choice. It's too easy to be oppressed by inner fears and externalise that oppression, projecting it (i.e. blaming and resenting) society for those fears.

Any sense of injustice that I feel is based on feminine qualities not being valued (i.e. why should women have to behave like men to be seen as "successful", and why should men who adopt feminine qualities be seen as "failures"?). I think femininity enriches us as human beings, and the womens suit (with heels) encapsulates that perfectly: is it femininity masculinized, or masculinity feminized? Or who cares, it's a super stylish look, let's just enjoy it !

If you like it, wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Forward : 

When the whining stops!

Theres 2 choices gents.

-OR-

Great speech dude - that's the most enjoyable read I've had on here! Made me laugh! And made me think... 

I do like a suit but I prefer a manly approach in them - 50's style gangster vibes and they really don't work with heels. 

• 2 weeks later...

I quickly put these together mid wardrobe sort. Phones never give good light results (and one day I'll smile)  ho ho ;)

I love the cut and hang of the tails and wear it at any occasion possible, I've not had the chance to wear heels with it out yet but it's on the short list.

The black skirt matches my suit material and I got the grey as a possible to go with the tails, incidentally I also got a darker grey but it has a slight brown tint.

Heels are from Primark, 53/4" with 3/4" platform. (came today via ebay)

post-2779-0-39293500-1382132959_thumb.jppost-2779-0-54784300-1382132969_thumb.jppost-2779-0-08036700-1382132978_thumb.jppost-2779-0-60073400-1382132988_thumb.jppost-2779-0-54159300-1382133001_thumb.jp

Al

Nice look for you Al. Works in my book. The long coat tails look so awesome with a skirt.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I quickly put these together mid wardrobe sort. Phones never give good light results (and one day I'll smile)  ho ho ;)

I love the cut and hang of the tails and wear it at any occasion possible, I've not had the chance to wear heels with it out yet but it's on the short list.

The black skirt matches my suit material and I got the grey as a possible to go with the tails, incidentally I also got a darker grey but it has a slight brown tint.

Heels are from Primark, 53/4" with 3/4" platform. (came today via ebay)

Posted Image1 (Medium).jpgPosted Image2 (Medium).jpgPosted Image3 (Medium).jpgPosted Image4 (Medium).jpgPosted Image5 (Medium).jpg

Al

Ya know.. with the pants.. I doubt anyone would even look at whats on your feet. I like the skirt, but wish it matched the coat in color.

Thanks for the feedback and positive comments Shafted and Ilk, it was rushed Chris was out, my wardrobe was in a mess and the youngest had a couple of friends round, wasn't rushed but squeezed in could be an apt description, otherwise I would have used the Pentax.

The coat has a subtle stripe in it, more of a sheen than a colour variance, I very much doubt I'll find an equal match. As an ex hire suit for £35 quid I'm very happy, just got to watch the tum!

I feel the grey is a touch too light and looks blue as oppose to grey, thanks Samsung.

I think it's good to play, swapping styles around, often gives answers of how does it look and certainly for trousers the hang length and how they lay on the shoe, with a picture reference it makes it easy to chose "this with that and what's on the feet".

For us guys it's avoiding the foolish looks cos it's all wrong. It's one thing to get past the "he's wearing heels" with something that  is pretty regular that works showing elegance and style, it's the second look that put the package into perspective and gets the " hey that rocks" smile.

A year ago or so the press were showing "men in heels", the guys that were being shown were pretty extreme looking as if they were straight of the catwalk for some fashion show or off to some alternative nightclub. That is not me but I have to admit if I was young female or a young crossdresser I (with my current mindset) probable would push the limits.

And that's the issue if a girl misses the right look or throws in an oddity, most will shrug and say "not quite" or "different". We guys get the big evil eye and serious shaking of heads ALL night long! May has well turn up in latex or naked.....

Al