Tips For Organising Heel Meets

Dr. Shoe

This assumes that you would like to organise a meet:

• Make sure that all delegates know where and when the meet itself will take place.
  • There is no substitute for advertising. Keep the thread maintained, the more you show you want the meet to take place, the more people will turn up.
  • Bear in mind that not everyone who says they will come will actually turn up. Especially at heel meets, some people will "chicken out", others will be taken ill just before the meet and others may have difficulties with their travel arrangements.
  • You do not need to book hotel rooms for anyone other than yourself. Do not be tempted to charter coaches, book restaurant tables etc. You will probably be left out of pocket.
  • Bear in mind that you may get "shy guys" turning up. It is nice to book a small function room to use as a "base" so that they have somewhere they can put their heels on. This is not that important so don't do anything that could leave you out of pocket.
  • Whilst being hopeful that it will be well attended, be mindful of the fact that you may only end up with only one or two other delegates. Having said that, some of the best heelmeets have less than half dozen delegates.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

All good suggestions, Doctor. I would add that anyone wanting to organize such a heel meet should look through past threads in this section to see how successful or unsuccessful past heel meets were. A lot can be learned from history. Also, besides a venue where heelers can get together to eat and drink, it's often fun to do some shoe shopping afterward, particularly if there are shops that cater to larger sizes. In the example of the two very successful heel meets in Canton, Ohio, organized by Johnieheel, the luncheon was followed by shoe shopping at DSW and then to an upscale mall with several shoe stores in it. Steve

Yes. That's where all my tips came from! lol

I would add that anyone wanting to organize such a heel meet should look through past threads in this section to see how successful or unsuccessful past heel meets were.

That's what I did... lol

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.