Out With Kilty

SkirtDude

As suggested I should try my own thread... so here goes... I needed to get some medication from the chemist, there is a 24 hour one so I set out... I was nervous, but I am still seeing if this jaunt lark is for me... Dressed in one of JeffB's favorites, I donned a black polo shirt, my new 23" black denim pencil skirt and sneakers (in case I have to run from anything like my fears, lol)... I walked to my car, a pair of guys passed me, I noticed their conversation stopped... nevertheless I opened my door, put my booty in, smoothed the back of my skirt, kept my legs together and swung them in and set off. Heart was beating like it would explode but as many say there is nothing to fear except fear itself... I abandoned my trip across town, my nerve went, but stopped at a country park and went for a short walk... I shouldnt have drunk a large bottle of coke, nature was calling. I was scared as I was in a park (not a soul about, but didn't like the idea of cops appearing from nowhere) as I had to crouch near a bush, hitch up my skirt and take care of business... I felt exposed. I will have to not get in such a predicament. From there I headed to a supermarket, and was going to buy something, but the security guard gave me such a dirty look, I thought I would call it a night... I dont know if you can add pics from the mobile app, but I took a couple of me on my way in the car, and walking (briskly) down the street... and in the park... I tried a "selfie" but it was too dark... Kilty Heres a pic...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pharmacy, not a chemist like Samuel L Jackson in disastrous movie Formula 51... I'm not off to a good start if all thats remembered is a lesson in British English :sigh: Hopefully the nerves will get easier if I get out there more... I'm in two minds as I worry about the time my journeys will take up, and have a major project at work to complete so we'll have to follow JeffB gor now.,. :cry:

Sounds like an early nervous trip most of us have taken. Well done it will get easier but my advice is choose a busy public area you will get noticed less than being the only one in a park. Think of it naturally if you ar out in a shopping centre you don't look at everyone but if you are walking alone in a park you tend to notice others who pass by you. Keep trying and keep us informed and we will soon be adding another public heeler to our growing ranks.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Kilty: Not too bad for a first documented adventure. Don't worry that you might not have come across perfectly, the only thing that matters is that you express the things that happened to you while were out and about. You'll get better with practice, ditto with your actual outings. It can take time to get used to being out in practice, but once you do, you'll become more and more at ease. Keep on keeping on, my friend! euchrid: Does it matter? I don't wear heels on my outings all the time either.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Errr... Am I missing something? Heels were not worn during this 'adventure'.

I made up for that by wearing a pair of boots when I met my neighbor... the boots I was planning to wear, a smart pair of brown ones, need re heeling, so I just went in sneakers. We all have to start somewhere, put the gun down and chill out. I didn't realise I would get heckled for this, its put me off the whole thing. When I've worn sneakers with kilts, I have never faced any problem. I know its High Heel Place, but in the context of trendsetters like Jeff, I can change my footwear now and then, surely? Show some ♥

I made up for that by wearing a pair of boots when I met my neighbor... the boots I was planning to wear, a smart pair of brown ones, need re heeling, so I just went in sneakers. We all have to start somewhere, put the gun down and chill out. I didn't realise I would get heckled for this, its put me off the whole thing. When I've worn sneakers with kilts, I have never faced any problem. I know its High Heel Place, but in the context of trendsetters like Jeff, I can change my footwear now and then, surely? Show some ♥

I think you're reacting out of context. Euchrid's remark was in response to Foxyheels's post from what I can see.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

To me this outing is identical to someone's first outing in heels, the feelings and fears are all the same. If one can go out in a black denim pencil skirt then one can go out in heels, the two are interchangeable. Moreover, I would say that you either wear heels or a skirt, wearing both, especially for a first outing, is just too much for anybody IMO.

In a dark park at night the last people you fear are the police, they are less likey to demand an explaination for the way you're dressed.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

'

To me this outing is identical to someone's first outing in heels, the feelings and fears are all the same. If one can go out in a black denim pencil skirt then one can go out in heels, the two are interchangeable. Moreover, I would say that you either wear heels or a skirt, wearing both, especially for a first outing, is just too much for anybody IMO.

In a dark park at night the last people you fear are the police, they are less likey to demand an explaination for the way you're dressed."

Thanks for the kind words and support. I was even going out of my comfort zone being dressed the way I was at night, my outfit was cute, but any pervert could have been lurking in the park when I had to pee. I won't take such risks, and will heel in the street.. that's right @euchrid, heel and I thought I would tidy myself up before posting another possible outfit... these shoes are a struggle to walk in, I'm as graceful as a newborn cow in these... :nono:

One day, I may try teaming a pair of jeans with heels, but my figure is good in a skirt or kilt...

Sorry for the dull 'selfie', (all my flat is magnolia, landlords love it) I didn't do a whole body shot, but I was thinking of this pinstripe skirt and the heels, though ;) it's really pushing the envelope for me, I may wear it on my next jaunt...

Kilty, I was just having fun..... I love the "British English," some would argue, the real English. Last week I was at Pebble Beach and a gentleman with a very heavy British accent axed me where the "car park" was. I smiled, looked puzzled and axed him what a "car park" was, then started laughing. He then said, "parking lot." We all laughed, he made comment about American English being different, and I sent him on his way to the "car park." Back to topic, I don't wear skirts - only gals shoes - how strange - ha ha. Have fun in you outings!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Kilty, I was just having fun..... I love the "British English," some would argue, the real English. Last week I was at Pebble Beach and a gentleman with a very heavy British accent axed me where the "car park" was. I smiled, looked puzzled and axed him what a "car park" was, then started laughing. He then said, "parking lot." We all laughed, he made comment about American English being different, and I sent him on his way to the "car park."

Back to topic, I don't wear skirts - only gals shoes - how strange - ha ha. Have fun in you outings!!! sf

It's nice the variety in fashion, if you do a Twitter search on 'man skirt', it seems we're not the only ones heeling or pushing the envelope when it comes to fashion freedom. The whole UK English and US English is a strange one... I didn't want you thinking I was going to a 'chemist' to pick up some crack cocaine in a bad part of town (South London), lol

I for one am happy to see you have started a personal heeling journal here at HHPlace, Kilty. It's a great resource for potential heeling guys. I look forward to more updates to this thread. I'm a firm believer that threads like this do a great deal of good for heeling guys everywhere (even in this case you weren't wearing heels).

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

No I did not think that at all, just had not heard that term in a while and thought I would joke around with ya. Thanks for being a good sport and taking it in context!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

KItty, Thanks for your insightful post. Though you may not have been wearing high heels in a public place, you were nonetheless crossing frontiers you had not previously crossed before and those are always fraught with fears and mostly self-created demons. The salient point her is that you DID do it and shared the experience with us which is exactly the fuel for our forum. As you later clarified your boots needed reheeling so you wore sneakers with a pencil skirt. Dr. Shoe was probably spot on when she that had you worn both a skirt and heels that probably would have too much to take on. Everyone here had to take time to get their destination of knowing just where they feel comfortable and just what part of the fashion spectrum they want to convey. It is a process requiring time and determination. I do believe the one factor which determines how quickly one gets to their comfort zone is confidence. A lack of it will show and will allow fear to dull your spirit and erode your will. Take another person who exudes confidence and the world takes notice and respects it because that person is basically saying through their fashion and actions that they will become the change they want to see and not wait for it. Wear what you want and continue to live life on your terms. You' wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Keep striding and keep posting my friend! HappyinHeels

Just to put your mind at rest, on my next brief outing early this morning to the same park (it was daylight this time, lol) I thought I'd try something a little more out of my comfort zone. Strappy heels! Teamed with a polo shirt and black pencil skirt (this one was different from my others, instead of a slit at the back, there was a large kick pleat, it almost looked kiltlike :silly:

I thought all black ensemble would look okay...

it was quite snug, but I thought I'd try a casual walk, as if I was wearing shorts. So out of the car and off I went, and I saw a girl jogging, she glanced at me, I smiled, she smiled back! That was a surprise. I continued on, and saw a park bench and thought I'd have a breather, and so I sat, legs crossed, and looked on eBay for the next bargain... I was rudely awoken from my browsing by a West Indian woman, in her 20's, calling me a 'chi-chi man' and she started hollering at the top of her voice. She was calling to a friend to come and take a look. Not wanting to appear on the next Twitpic or Instagram, I beat a hasty retreat (as demurely as one can walk quick in a pencil skirt and heels!) for the safety of my car. Once back home, my heart was still pounding, I'm not sure I'm up to getting verbal abuse just yet, and to make matters worse, my feet were killing me... I think somehow I can get away with the denim equivalent a lot better, unless this was a one off bad experience. I think heels are too uncomfortable for me, so I don't know how many outings I will participate. Heeling did interest me, but it's a world away from the kilt forums I've been on, and the nearest alternative (skirtcafe, filled with bigoted old codgers in unflattering clothes) didn't bear thinking about... :silly::nono:

The park is probably still quite an isolated environment and any obnoxious people might feel quite uninhibited, though you were unlucky to cross paths with one. Just chalk it up as a lesson learned and don't let it put you off doing what you want to do. That pencil-skirt and heels is a very smart combination, and you should wear them in surroundings that let you enjoy the confidence that wearing them brings rather than feeling vulnerable. A cafe in a busy train station, shopping mall or bookshop during the day would probably be a safer venue - somewhere that a woman would feel comfortable wearing that outfit. Better luck next time.

If you like it, wear it.

Sorry that happened to you. We just want the freedom to dress the way we like. Don't worry about those ignorant people! Keep us updated on your future outings. I'm enjoying reading your thread.

Too bad.

Too sad,

for the lad,

who was had

by a cad

who was mad

at the fad

that's somwhat rad

to make him glad

to retreat to his pad.

Cool poem! I will show it to my counsellor today after I booked a session to cope with my trauma of yesterday's events... :silly:

Whilst I'm one of the first to stand up for fashion freedom, I still think that heels OR skirt is the way forward unless you are intending to cross dress. Had you just worn one or the other, you possibly would not have had that reaction from that stupid black bitch.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Whilst I'm one of the first to stand up for fashion freedom, I still think that heels OR skirt is the way forward unless you are intending to cross dress. Had you just worn one or the other, you possibly would not have had that reaction from that stupid black bitch.

Well, I don't think that's necessarily true, but that's just my opinion. I've worn skirts AND heels in public for years now with no intention of fully crossdressing and have NEVER faced the sort of negative reaction Kilty had gotten. He simply encountered a lone nutcase with no respect whatsoever for a fellow human being and decided it would be fun to deride someone. Fools like them are far and few inbetween.

Yes but the big difference is that you go about your normal daily business and make it look as if it's the most normal thing in the world.

Yes but the big difference is that you go about your normal daily business and make it look as if it's the most normal thing in the world.

Well, pardon my ignorance (which can be considerable), but don't we all?

Kilty: An important thing to consider is what you wear and when you wear it. You wouldnt wear a cocktail dress and five inch stiletto heels to the supermarket, or a t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops to the theater. Tailor your outfit to your surroundings and the time of day, observe what women wear and do your best to emulate them. Try to blend in with your surroundings instead of standing out like the proverbial sore thumb, that way, you can avoid attracting undue attention from the wrong sort of people. It may not be flashy, but it's practical, and you can't go wrong by being and looking practical.

Coincidence may come into the equation. If the lady hadn't been there at the same time as you then you would have not had her comment, thus making the outing enjoyable. I have been called gay and had negative reactions when wearing block heels, but have also worn stilletto heels and had no negative reactions, so outings will be effected by other people opinions men in heels.