Don't Depend On Others To Attend Heel Meets.

Histiletto

If you are going to a heel meet with other heelers and those plans are dependent on the scheduling and planning of other attendants, you could be left out when their plans change and they don't inform you. It's been a while since I have even tried to attend a meet because of my depletive experience of arriving in a city only to find the person I had depended on to connect with had made different arrangements. This left me without all the information and the means I needed to attend the meet. We were suppose to join each other at a certain hotel and share a cab to the meet. I couldn't get a room at this hotel and ended up finding a room some distance away with the idea of finding my contact later. Obviously, with the uninformed schedule change, I was unable to make the necessary contact. So I spent the next couple of days making the best of my situation. I did some window shopping, tried on some heels at the local mall, and did some site seeing, in heels of course because I didn't pack any other footwear. For the first day I kept trying to remember and make other connections to find the meet, but with no success. I was in a big city that I wasn't that familiar with and getting lost while wearing heels was not on my schedule of admirable ventures to experience. So for those going to heel meets, make sure arrangements are well known and trustworthy. If complications arise that change your status, ask someone to follow up on your behalf to see that those who have arranged to be in your party of attendants have the info they need to, at least, find the meet. It really wasn't their fault that I didn't make sure to bring all my information to attend the heel meet, which I didn't think I needed with the way I thought things would go. My bad which cost me not getting to know and enjoy the personal associations with many of the High Heel Place members and others who did attend. Yes, I'm still mad at myself for letting this situation occur.

Maybe you got scammed?? If it was a heel meet arranged at this site, shame on whoever set the meet up, if it was knowingly done to cause you grief..... I generally heel solo or with my wife. Less, lot less drama. sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Most heelmeets will be arranged where everyone will meet at a particular location at a particular time. It seems to be a very American thing to arrange to meet in pairs or little groups beforehand to arrive at the meet together. Just do it on your own and perhaps get together with your friend afterwards. If you do manage to meet beforehand then that's great but as we say in the UK: "Hope for the best but plan for the worst.".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.