Happyinheels Visits Steve63130 In Ohio

Steve63130

On his way back home from a trip to South Carolina, HappyinHeels visited me at my house in Ohio. He arrived in the late morning yesterday (Saturday, August 10) and my wife and I took him over to a local deli for lunch. We then went to our local salon, called "Love Yourself and Earth," because of their use of products that are "green," and Happy proceeded to get a delightful pedicure from Jenny and I got an express manicure from Noel. Happy enjoyed the wonderful massage from Jenny, and he went for a polish which is the color I usually get, "Spicy Chocolate," a coppery metallic satin rose in their G2 brand polish line. I decided to get the color I got in early July called "Palladium," which is a metallic khaki color, that matched my khaki capris perfectly. I also wore a golden yellow polo shirt, and my brown Born "Belinda" sandals. Happy wore his Jessica Simpson platform stilettos shown in the third photo below, with long jeans, polo shirt, and gray cap. After the mani and pedi, we thanked the girls profusely and went back to the house to hang out a bit while our nails dried. Then we drove into Columbus and went to Easton Shopping Center. Our first stop was DSW, where there was a disappointingly small selection of size 11s and almost no 12s, so we didn't stay long. We did see a Nordstrom Rack store just being completed, but not yet stocked or open. I didn't know this store was going to happen, so that might be a great source for the furture. We then proceeded to Baker's and as soon as we walked in, the store manager greeted us as if we were long lost friends! She complimented Happy on his fringed handbag, and I complimented her on her blue sparkly pedi and she asked how she could help. Happy told her what he was looking for and she brought out two boxes in size 11 for him to try. The black platform stilettos had a buckle that was not right, so he passed on those, but liked the beige wedge slides, so he bought them. We then went next door to Nine West and were again greeted by a sales agent who said she was glad to see us, told us what was on sale, etc. Happy and I looked around and he said, "I've got a pair of those, and those, and those, and those...etc." I think he owns a LOT of Nine West shoes! Anyway, he settled on a pair he liked and bought them. I did not find anything that I could not live without, so we drove back home. After showing my wife what he bought, the three of us walked over to the local pub but the wait was 25 minutes, so we walked down to the Mexican restaurant and ate a delicious dinner there. We stopped for an ice cream at Whit's (a must for visitors to central Ohio), and walked back home. Happy and I then drove over to my office and he tried on and bought some of our Activskin men's thigh highs. We returned home, had some beer, talked till midnight and went to bed. This morning we got up and I gave Happy a tour of my shoe collection. Then we drove over to the coffee shop and had coffee and bagels. We chatted for quite a while, came home, took a few photos and he resumed his journey homeward. While we have very different taste in shoes, we had a good time together, talking about our life experiences and sharing our stories, not only about heeling, but about life in general. Like all the other heelers I've met in person, he's a sensitive, thoughtful, caring and curious individual, and we were impressed with each other in many ways. I hope we can meet again and share more time together. The first pic below shows HappyinHeels in some beige platform wedge sandals (not the ones he bought yesterday at Bakers), and me in my avatar black Aerosoles Platonic sandals with black sheer hose. The second pic shows Happy in his new Nine West open toe wedges and me in my new black Aerosoles Scotland sandals. And the third pic shows us sitting on a porch swing, with me in my brown Born sandals and Happy in his Jessica Simpson platform stilettos. Steve

post-4071-0-42497700-1376239349_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-93833700-1376239373_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-32598600-1376239387_thumb.jp

Steve36130 Happy to hear you and Happy had a good meeting. I must admit I hate all the heelers who can purchas high heels in places like Bakers. My shoe size is to large and is never carried in Bakers or other local shoe stores. Hope Happy has a safe journey home. I like those Jessica Simpson Heels. Spikesmike

Steve and Happyinheels, Glad you two had a great time on Saturday, getting your pedi's and your shoe shopping sounded like a lot of fun, too, It's always nice to go shopping with a fellow heeler, as you and I, Steve have done a couple of times. As I reported, Friday about my nice shoe shopping event at the Outlet Mall, in Niagara Falls. I stopped at the Naturalizer, Nine West, Bass, Famous Footwear and of course Payless. Also tried on some some women's, skinny jeans at the Levi's store and looked at hosiery at the Hanes, Leggs & Bali's store. I had a great time too! Since I wear a size 11 in women's, I usually have many styles to try on, just like Happyinheels. Happy Heeling, bluejay

All, Here I was set to write about my visit to Central Ohio and our resident journalist extraordinaire had already posted the adventure before I ever made it out of the Buckeye State! Let me say this about what I observed there. Steve is a highly-educated and thoughtful caring person who, with his wife, are highly-respected members of their community. Their house is a wonderful 150-year-old house full of unique old things and the decor is spectacular. The town of Granville is not what one usually expects from Ohio. What I saw was a small town dominated by a private univeristy atop a hill and populated with interestign shops and tolerant caring people. I thought I may have actually still been in Canada. The town is sparkiling clean and nicely landscaped and full of well-maintained homes.

If any of you are traveling along Interstate 70 through Central Ohio and want a nce rest then you should not hesitate to book a pedicure at the Love Yourself and Body Day Spa and Salon. Wear your highest and coolest heels with whatever and be warmly greeted by the staff as you look out onto an open field behind the shop. Don't be surprised if you see deer and squirrels while your feet get pampered. The shop is located at 1189 River Road in Granville, Ohio and the phone number is 740-920-4317. The easiest directions are to exit I-70 at Exit 126 and go north on Ohio Hwy 37 about 7 miles. as soon as you cross a 4-lane highway (signed as 161/37) look for River Road on your right and make the right turn and go east about 1/2 mile to the shop on the left. I make the recommendation as I know there are many of us who wuld love to get a pedicure but would be skittish in unfamiliar surroundings.

Steve's account of our shopping trip couldn't be more accurate. In fact, I was dressed quite a bit more feminine then he and I still have a narrow moustache. I had 5.5" wedge heels, stretch bootcut jeans, girls sunglasses, a woman's dress watch, and carrying my tan color fringe bad (yes, it matched the shoes) and we blended right in with the throngs of people there that day. And this all took place in Columbus, Ohio not NYC or San Francisco or places like that. Get outthere, and just be yourself and you'll have a great time!

I highly recommend meeting our fellow members here as you have only one life and should grab a hold of it. Live your life as if you were in the fourth quarter of a game and making a valiant comeback. I intend to leave this Earth completely spent from experience and wanting not of any regrets. As JeffB would say, "Bravo" to all citizens of Granville. Hey, South Carolina is a pretty damn nice place as well and Charleston has the cheapest gas in the nation!

Thanks Steve for your hospitality and the wonderful writeup. HappyinHeels

Happyinheels, Thanks for your post about your meeting with Steve. Steve has met me in my area twice now and we have had a great time, talking heels, fashion and shoe shopping. Glad the two of you had a great time, together! Happy Heeling, bluejay

HappyinHeels, Thanks for the kind words and nice compliments. We were delighted to have you visit us and it was fun getting acquainted and going shoe shopping together. I always find it an educational experience and I admired your confidence as you interacted with the sales gals and tried on shoes you wanted to. Although we have different tastes in shoes, I am glad that you found two pairs you liked. And I'm glad you were comfortable wearing them both in public and in our home. We look forward to a future visit, and bring your wife next time! Steve

Mtns and everyone else, Let me know if/when you are coming to the area, and I will make an appointment for you/us. I assure you that you won't be disappointed. My friend from Australia is visiting next week for a few days, and asked me to line up an appointment for a pedi for him on Tuesday. I'll report how it goes. Steve

I can't recommend the "Love Yourself and Earth Day Spa and Salon in Granville, Ohio enough for any of our members who may be passing through central Ohio on the way to somewhere else. What I found was, whilst Granville was on the way home, it was a pleasant enough place, my hosts were enormously entertaining, and I was able to enjoy my stay while wearing the shoes of my choice that Granville could easily become a destination. Granville is just 7 miles (11km) north of transcontinental Interstate Highway 70 and it would not be difficult to spend the night in this region. Those traveling from the NYC-Boston and New England area heading west and those traveling east from the Omaha-KC-Oklahoma City areas or the Twin Cities would easily reach central Ohio after only 8-10 hours driving. Even if all you wanted was to rest for an hour or so one could easily make an apointment at the spa, leave the interstate, and enjoy an hour or so of supreme relaxation before resuming your trip. Consider this business another puzzle piece in constructing a road map of places friendly to our members because, after all, word of mouth is powerful advertising for small business and these businesses become informed when a new cleintele makes itself known. HappyinHeels

• 3 weeks later...

Loving this story on all fronts. First off, kudos to Steve and Happy for a great time had. And it was a great read for me. I couldn't help but be jealous for you two's day or two of festivities, including the pedi/mani. I've yet to enjoy a pedi/mani for myself, although a friend of mine informed me of a place not too far from the job, actually. Course, with me on G+ and her on Facebook (ugh), there's no real way for us to contact each other to plan a visit to said place. But I still have high hopes of visiting one of these days. Hopefully we can all take a note from this and plan visits with heelers close by to us as well. Might be the best thing you ever do~

Formally "HHDude"

Sounds like a nice visit, wish I could have been there. I've got to salute HappyInHeels for his JS platforms, those are far from subtle. I don't think I've been brave enough to try heels like that public. Might just have to pay another visit to Granville and visit Steve when I've got some time.

radiodave, A little birdie, OK a friendly Granville birdie, told me that you have much the same taste in shoes as me. Perhaps just as edgy in style and tall in heel height but not quite as bold in public? Look at this way; you are taking more time to survey the venues for future heeling! Get down to Granville and go out with Steve to some crowded venue...liike the soon-to-open Nordstrom Rack at Columbus' Easton Center and you'll see for yourself. Bring something you've most wanted to wear and try it out there amid the throngs of people and watch as the bogeyman never emerges! What does emerge is a good time as soooooooooooooo many members here have said it will. Sure it is way better going with someone else but think of it as a rare opportunity (because it usually is) and as conditioning for when you are out and about by yourself. This is the object lesson so many have talked about. Your life will only be as rewarding as your will is to enjoy it and as your mind is to explore the possibilities. The frontiers of your creative expression are set only by YOU and nobody else. HappyinHeels

Yeah, Dave...what Happy said. C'mon over some day this fall and we'll take a tour of Easton together. HHDude, Mtns, Pebbles, Bluejay, and others - you're all invited, too!

I'm trying to get Jimnj2 to visit here one of these days. How about it, Jim? Are you up for a great pedi and some shoe and hosiery shopping?

Steve