A Record For The Books~

Welp...I thought I had seen it all. But apparently not. Once again, I was doing my annual search on Youtube for all things platform & ballet heels (because it's a kink as well as being a thing I love wearing). Low & behold, I came across this:

A record set in stone, a record I never even knew existed in the first place. But if she's doing anything right, it's her (And I assume friends as well) making the heels her/themselves instead of summoning someone to fix it up for them. But since the latter is what's best for me, I wouldn't hesitate to break the record WHILE simultaneously setting another couple of records: most steps taken in the highest shoes in the world AND height of the shoes which the steps were taken. But I'm looking to win the lottery before that ever happens, lol.

Formally "HHDude"

Neat. Good old Kingston! Now when I was a lad (young lad that is) it was Kingston Polytechnic and Kingston College of Further Education. The Poly always got some good bands in my first concert there was to see The Pretty Things, later Caravan headlined having just released/releasing imminently "for girls that grow plump in the night. The poly wasn't a top place but was well recognised in those days of of the early 70s. Al

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Its ok having shoes with 17 inch heels but not if you cannot walk in them.  she does not even attempt to walk in them.  she is even having trouble standing.  people say a pair of 7.5 inch heels are extreme like the ones im wearing in my avatar but they are the very first pair of heels I had and I walked 5 miles in them.  im not being big headed but I think I could manage another 10 inches.  I would love to see how far I would get in them.  the secret lies in the surface you are walking on.  the average pavement is too risky but an indoor surface would be a lot safer.

Oh I love a challenge

KrazyKev64 : The problem is it only takes a very small twist in the ankle and the elevation and gravity work against you. Your ankle will suffer catastrophic failure and not be able to support the heavier weight.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Pretty sure he knows the dangers ;) As do I. I knew what I was getting into with my first pair of 8-inchers. What I didn't know is what kind of kitchen floor I was standing on! Haha. I definitely want to merely try on a pair of 9- or 10-inchers. Walk, eh, I'll go a couple of steps for show. Purchase...I'll think about it.

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 year later...

This was a very interesting video to watch. I was at the very least impressed that she could stand in those heels at all. I found myself thinking about the construction workers walking around on stilts though. I've seen some very accomplished folks walking around on stilts that were at least 36" tall and doing so with such confidence that it looked like they had benn doing that all their lives. Of course stilts are flat rather than heels but the images in my mind are similar.

6 hours ago, hoborob said:

This was a very interesting video to watch. I was at the very least impressed that she could stand in those heels at all. I found myself thinking about the construction workers walking around on stilts though. I've seen some very accomplished folks walking around on stilts that were at least 36" tall and doing so with such confidence that it looked like they had benn doing that all their lives. Of course stilts are flat rather than heels but the images in my mind are similar.

Plus construction stilts, or what ever you want to call them, strap to your lower leg, so the ankle is out of the picture. Everything from the knee down is "one piece" so to speak.

Heavy-duty-Dry-Wall-Stilts-055f20a7-3c9f

10 hours ago, Pumped said:

Plus construction stilts, or what ever you want to call them, strap to your lower leg, so the ankle is out of the picture. Everything from the knee down is "one piece" so to speak.

Heavy-duty-Dry-Wall-Stilts-055f20a7-3c9f

Drywaller stilts  - I've tried them once years ago on a job site. Work pretty well once you get used to them. OSHA would like to ban them, and Workers Comp doesn't like them due to knee injuries - - usually from tripping on junk left on the floor. Safety Hazard ya know.