Not Impressed At All!

This is a rant, a ' story ' of a great evening ( good time ) and a sense that something lacks ' quality. '. The thread ' whom has bought some new shoes ' in the ' for the guys ' section, I posted a picture of a new pair of Steve Madden shoes Darian bought for me on one of her recent excursions. Being Saturday night and the weather is ' tolerable ', we decided to take our weekly stroll on the waterfront. Its something we did after I had groin surgery from a tumor. Exercise helped out quite a bit. Getting out of the house and fresh air helped more ( IMO ). So, I donned the new pair of pumps and were off for a stroll. We usually walk one of the old canals. Its maybe a mile to a mile and a quarter in length. Nothing major and we dont run. Its a casual stroll, arm in arm and a time when the 2 of us forget the world and just be with each other. We usually take breadcrumbs for the gulls and other birds, birdseed once in a while. This evening, the pumps I was wearing were new. I wore them around the house for 2 or 3 hours and thats about all. We took our walk ( was very enjoyable, nice, nobody was around! ) and sat on a park bench and laughed for an hour. Upon arriving home and taking the pumps off, I looked at the bottoms and was very disappointed. They are gouged and look horrible. The surface we were walking on is ' like new ' cement sidewalks that are 6-8 feet across OR its freshly paved blacktop ( paved last fall ). Its not cobblestone or anything that has real hazards of any kind. I thought these pumps were ' ok ' in their build.. reality is telling me they are cheap shit that belongs in a pay less or a ' bargain bin ' somewhere. Ive never had ANY issues with ' mid brand ' shoes that usually run between 50-200$. Not Jimmy Choo or CL's where you treat them like they are gold plated. I actually walk in these things daily and I really wouldnt expect a ' status/nobility symbol ' like the designers named items to actually last me more then a week. The Mid-brands I have bought do in fact last me for quite a while.. this pair thought? I'll let the pics speak for themselves.. Im extremely disappointed.. I thought Maddens were a ' good ' name. EDIT : sorry about the picture quality but my DSLR is at my other home right now and I used the wires point-n-click camera.

post-12379-0-79834300-1368323618_thumb.j

post-12379-0-06618300-1368323629_thumb.j

post-12379-0-59842700-1368323638_thumb.j

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Ouch - - not good at all.

Question - where did you buy this pair at?

I believe they were purchased at a local DSW Warehouse/Store.

Im afraid to take out the nice dark pink Maddens I have and go for a stroll as they would probably wind up in the same condition.

One of them has a good dent in the bottom of the sole. I can put the tip of a ballpoint pen in it! Its on the top in the 3rd picture.

Im very disappointed in these shoes. I liked the way they looked and they were the only pair there that didnt have huge jackstands on them.

Time to start shopping on Ebay for older/used shoes again as I just returned from local shopping and theres nothing but jackstands and the fugly variety in my areas stores right now.

Next time I'm out shopping, I'll pay more attention to how soft the sole is. I have a pair of Madden round toe wedges that seem overall a bit cushy, but they are quiet and comfortable. Soles don't seem to have any issues, but I'll pay more attention. Lucky for me, I like a bit of platform.

That's a shame. I always purchase the hard soled shoes and try to stay away from the softer ones like these. Purchasing online though makes that difficult. The other problem with softer soles is they don't slide well when dancing and sometimes when just walking they'll grab and your ankle will always feel it. I really miss the old ultra hard soles from the 80's.

If you really like the shoe and they are comfortable, have them resoled.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If you really like the shoe and they are comfortable, have them resoled.

I'm finding it harder than ever to get any kind of shoes repaired. Seems shoe repair shops are becoming a dying breed.

I'm finding it harder than ever to get any kind of shoes repaired. Seems shoe repair shops are becoming a dying breed.

With the amount of ' junk ' and ' cheaply made goods ' out on the market, Cobblers have had to see a decline in Business. Its just like the Post Office, " Its dead Jim " to Quote McCoy.

Even ' expensive ' shoes arent built for duration wearing, mostly for comfort and to ' look a certain way '.

Just like everything else, shoes are getting cheaper so thed price stays the same. I was just complaing about this to my wife the other day. RACK ROOM use to Have descent mid line shoes, now their quality is down to what payless was 10yrs Ago. I hate to see where payless is now.

Just like everything else, shoes are getting cheaper so thed price stays the same.

Or it goes up. I remember payless being a 9.99$ -19.99$ store. Now, they sell things for upwards of 40+$. I gave up on them years ago when they were forced to raise their prices ( actually, the dollar declined in value, the prices are still relatively the same ).

I was just complaing about this to my wife the other day. RACK ROOM use to

Have descent mid line shoes, now their quality is down to what payless was 10yrs

Ago. I hate to see where payless is now.

I couldnt tell you where they are now. I have seen a few things bought from there and honestly.. Not my place to shop. Its a great place for others as they do carry some of the larger sizes from whats I have seen posted on here, but I'll stick to the malls whenever I can.

DILLARDS is one of my favorite stores to go in. They have good quality shoes but you pay more, but it is worth it. But even they have picked up some lines that I dontg think meet what their standards have been. Like the last 2 pair of boots I bought. Same brand, one I havehad to have the heela repaired pn one pair because They came lose at the shoe. The other pair I have only worn once. Funny, when I bought them I did not think the quality was that good. They feel good on, just not Durable I don't think. The last few times I have been in target, not my normal store, I have tried on some Of their shoes. The shoes look really good but I don't know how anyone could wear Them. They feel awefull on. Very cheap feeling.