Do Women Inspire You In Your Fashions?

Curt

Do they inspire you, or do you just make up your own style.? I saw a girl in the mall wearing 70's plats. I'm talking 2" platform, 6" heels. So cool! I would love shoes like that! My most extreme ones are 1.5 platform and 4.5" heels. New designer shoes with a 70s flair to them.

You are right! I got the shoes, boots, pants, coats, hair and makeup down, but I'm not sure about cool tops to wear. Maybe a tshirt that is tight in the abs and short in the arms. The ones the girls wear in the summertime. I want to show off my 8 pack!

I don't really. I think of myself as a guy who an dress himself decently and apart from the heels, the female fashion doesn't inspire me. Weirdly enoughh it seems to focus on the female body and I don't have one. I like to search for an buy great fitting male clothing. Not the regular boxy stuff I keep reading about here. It's not an easy task and as a result I don't have a lot of clothing and I'm very picky when it comes to my clothes and even more about my shoes ;)

Check my site: www.incredibleheels.com

My fashion has been inspired by women more so than men. At the same time I've found myself even being a trendsetter for women locally. Finally seeing boots and skinny jeans this season instead of skinny jeans with flip flops, Crocs, sneakers and other disgusting footwear. I suspect though the boots with skinny jeans look is just here this season, and I had nothing to do with it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Interesting question, but you'd be surprised at what "inspires" me. I was born and raised in the country, and while we certainly had access to magazines ranging from Women's Day to Vogue, we'd rarely see anyone dressed like that. Far more common you'd see someone in a loose, full-length cotton, twill, or knit skit, and a blouse. Picture "Aunt Meg" from the movie, "Twister." Even when I was younger, lots of girls and women were dressed in jeans and a button-up short or long-sleeved shirt. My two favorite outfits are a below-calf jeans skirt I can wear with just about every sandal and boot I own, and an ankle-length jumper I wear on top of various cotton t-shirts. I can wear either in the summer or the winter, and if it's really cold and I'm headed outside in the wee hours of the morning to get the mail, I'll just pull on my thick pair of knee socks and some knee-high boots to keep the bottom half warm, while I use a ski jacket for the upper half. Between my long hair pulled behind a head band, my somewhat feminine features, and a pair of women's frames, on the rare occasion I do bump into someone at that hour, they simply say, "Hello, Ma'am" and keep on going. So, I'd say I'm inspired by the "country feminine" look more than anything else. But one Halloween I went dressed as a female pirate, with knee-high stiletto boots, stockings, a frilly long-sleeved blouse, a bustier-skirt, and a feathery hat. I went whole hog, with makeup, nails, and a pair of "accessories" to fill out the bustier. To this day, I'm not quit sure if anyone at that party ever figured out I wasn't just a girl dressed in a pirate costume, but a guy dressed as a girl dressed in a pirate costume. Must have been dark... :)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Sounds really interesting. Where are you from? I'm from toronto, and anything goes. Walk down queen street in heels and no big deal. There's still a lot of punks with 2 foot mohawks. I look pretty normal conpared to that! But I really dig the way women dress and how their clothes makes a statement. When you are as skinny as me, you got no choice but wear womens clothes. I get it! I have a desire to be a fashion designer and understand why they don't design mens clothes. Aside from being lame, there is just a ton more money in womens fashions. And a lot more choices for sure. I just wish I could wear it fulltime. Its not a fetish at all, just shows off the body a lot better.

I can be inspired by anyone who wears a style that appeals to me, and that tends to be women. Sometimes it's just a single item, sometimes it's an overall look or a combination I never thought of trying. I find the most inspiring women to be the ones I encounter day-to-day who make the most of high-street fashion.

If you like it, wear it.

I guess it only stands to reason that a lot of men take cues from women in their style. The vast majority of men do not care how they look while most of the rest who do are busy hiding. This leaves the very few men left (myself included) to represent. Meanwhile women have all the choices in the world and a lot of them take advantage. I used to do the crossdress thing but realized over the years that taking on a separate "female" personality just to have an excuse to wear something more stylish and desirable while hiding my true identity from the public was just ridiculous. What makes even less sense is to name any form of clothing or shoes, makeup etc. including heels and men wore/used it first in history, most all of it but now we are as a majority too scared or lazy to do otherwise?

I follow a certain male blogger that shows that even for a plus size, a dress, tights, and/or leggings can work if combined correctly. Before he came around, though, I followed several female fashion bloggers that really took their looks an extra step into territory I thought were inaccessible, especially to myself. Strangely enough, After he came around, I starting to take a closer look towards feminine socks (shown in my pic) & leggings. Hell, I even have a few colored rubber bands (considered 'trendy' with my generation) that I'd wear with similar-colored shirts I have.

I guess it only stands to reason that a lot of men take cues from women in their style. The vast majority of men do not care how they look while most of the rest who do are busy hiding. This leaves the very few men left (myself included) to represent. Meanwhile women have all the choices in the world and a lot of them take advantage. I used to do the crossdress thing but realized over the years that taking on a separate "female" personality just to have an excuse to wear something more stylish and desirable while hiding my true identity from the public was just ridiculous. What makes even less sense is to name any form of clothing or shoes, makeup etc. including heels and men wore/used it first in history, most all of it but now we are as a majority too scared or lazy to do otherwise?

To put it simply and it's stated elsewhere: it's a mindset thing. We're convinced that people Will Be watching us as we strut or wear any thing not the 'norm' or not us. Although somewhat true, it's enough to put that irrational fear in us & ward us away from public heeling, wearing makeup, necklaces, etc.

For me as well; it's the fact that I don't live in a very open-minded city & most of my closest family members are all "stationed" here. None of them know as of right now (about my heeling). 'Life's too short' but I'd like to hold on to my family while I can.

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

Yes women have inspired my overall look when going heeling. I generally go out as a man in boots. But sometimes certain fashions go better with my boots, like skinny jeans tucked into knee high boots. A slim fit leather jacket goes better with my boots. When going out heeling, I attempt to pass as a woman, so people will look and move on.

Women always seem to be leading indicators for new fashion trend. From bootleg jeans with pointy toed boots to jeggings with ankle boots. All styles I've eventually adopted was well.

For me I think that Women do inspire me and men. With their style trends and development they give ideas for us to see and try out for our own styling. I agree Kittyinboots that the skinny legged jeans are an example as well legs tucked inside tall boots. But then things like accessorizing and "the Look" even though I cannot duplicate it, it gives me something to strive for. Belts, tanks under button down shirts, hand bags and much more. I do feel women inspire me so I can aspire to a style which I finally say that I have the "Ah Ya" So much to explore! Mtnsofheels

Women have spruced up selections of menswear that could be used as examples in the appearance and styling for the male look while wearing heels. Most men don't have the body shape to wear these selections of women's wear straight off the rack, but that doesn't mean men can't find similar colors and styling in the men's departments. Some times the women department has the sizes that will fit some men. Not too long ago, I found some flannel shirts in the women's section with the plaid design many men often wear. These shirts also have a number of small glittered studs that embellish the upper chest area to dainty up the look.

i dont really think that women inspire me. i normal have a certain image i try to put together in between masculine clothing and womens jeans and heels. i have also noticed that the accessories tend to set off the outfit a little better such as the necklaces and bracelets. not really a bag fan for myself but alot of them do look pretty nice. i like to keep my own image and kind of work with different fabrics to make things look neutral if that makes any sense??

Yes, they definitely inspire me. The white pants I have were an inspiration purchase. Attached is another pic of my avatar and she has some very nice looking outfits. Women certainly have a better sense (than I do) of what goes with what.

post-519-0-24789700-1368946819_thumb.jpg

Yeah, thanks. She seems to be a pretty popular model in Japan. Here's another outfit pic, that I merged. There are new season (Spring/Summer) pics out now that I will need to review (and merge) as well. Only a few are typically presented all at once for download.

post-519-0-83998400-1369493406_thumb.png