Men, What Made You Want To Wear Heels

Curt

For me, I was at the line at the bank and a woman in front of me had on flare dress pants and shoes with square toe boxes. Her feet looked so small and sexy, not awkwardly big like mens shoes. At that point, I didn't even know they were heels. She dropped her bankbook, and as she picked it up, I could see her heels were really high. I thought to myself, I can wear shoes like that. Who cares what people think. But that created a monster! Now I'm strutting in kneehigh skinny heels over skinny jeans, womens coats and jeans. I've come to a conclusion: fashion is fashion. If you like it wear it, no exceptions. I'm sure I'm not the only one! Fashion shouldn't have gender lines, except for gender specific things like bras for boobs. We should try to let fashion designers know that we want more variety in our wardrobe, or we will just shop in the womens section because we have no choice.

I've often wondered how many men (Not only the "card carrying" heterosexual) shop in the women's sections and stores to find apparel that fits and feels better to them.

As far as wanting to wear heels, there hasn't been a noteable period in my life that I haven't known the desire to wear heels. As a toddler, I would see my sister and others wear their patent leather pumps and Mary Janes and yearn for pairs of my own. I never actually saw any other boys in Mary Janes, but I understand they use to be part of a young boys choice of apparel. Then society got a notion in its attitude to widen the gap between the sexes and started to discourage all boys from displaying female-like attributes. Soon all males had to quit wearing the Mary Janes and any other items that became identified as feminine wear. The reverse for the girls/women wearing male stuff some how wasn't as important to curtail. The fear of female becoming manly didn't seem to be a factor in society's homophobia. In fact, females have been encouraged to be like men for the purposes of equality. Actually, it was a homophobic ploy to promote heterosexuality and see that "real" boys/men didn't show any of their mannerisms or desires that only the "real" girls/women became stereotyped as being. For the guys who were caught acting or looking in any way like stereotypical females were subjected to ridicule and life-threatening harm in many social circles.

It was in this homophobic attitude of society that I grew up, while having the desire to wear heels. Living as if I didn't have these desires has cause me to have certain mind-sets toward other people, making the wearing of heels in public quite a bit more traumatic each time I choose to venture out, than these experiences should actually involve. Wearing heels in public brings a great deal of joy and satisfaction, but it also reignites the fears of being labeled as a pervert, a homo, and/or other belittling expressions society condoned back then. As a human being, I have my different sensitivities and challenges to be a better person, but having those derogatory markings added to my identity would be hard to live with. Eventually, I may have to deal with these kind of things, because I really enjoy heeling out and about, usually at venues where my legal identities are not being displayed, unless I choose too.

Hard to remember since the desire started for me way back when I was an early teen. I think the biggest memory for me though was getting to spend a lot of time around my best friend's sister. She used to often wear some killer 4"+ heels and she rocked them very well. That was probably the first time I really fell in love with the look of the high heel on a beautiful leg, although the seed was probably planted even before this point, this was most likely the biggest contributor I think. As it turned out, she was almost the same size as me, and I had easy access to them. I found that I could walk in them pretty easily and I felt somehow natural in them, like this was meant to be, and eventually I wanted to have them for myself and it grew from there.

I really can't remember when I first felt the desire to wear heels, but it was sometime before puberty. I've always been a heel-watcher, but I never really considered wearing them publicly until about a year ago. I've almost always had a pair or two around since my high school days, but I always kept them hidden, and I didn't even wear them around the house all that often back then. I messed around with some "high-ish" clogs for several years before going to an obviously elevated heel.

I have thought long and hard about this very question, but cannot find a reason why, I just like girls shoes.

I've spent most of my life wondering why and I also cannot think of a reason. So I've just come to accept (finally) that it just is, if you know what I mean.

I think I can put it all together but I am not ready to bring that out Yet. I will say part of it was the attraction to womans fee.....or maybe The shoe thing led to the feet thing. Who knows. I think there are really more here like me. Perhaps they have an idea but really Don't want to say.

I think I'm a bit of an odd case really. I always liked the looks of a high heel. It wasn't till I found HHPlace that I realized I could wear them as a guy. I really didn't spend much time debating the issue with myself, I just did it. It's been an awesome journey ever since. So as one might guess, I don't have a lot of sympathy to spread around to guys who fear what others might think. I'm of the opinion of, "Just man up and do it." It's works for everything worthwhile in life. It's knowing I could that made me want to wear them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I too have always liked the look of a high heeled shoe or boot. Long ago I tried wearing my Mom's boots but I have much larger feet so that didn't work out. Wasn't until I was about 16 and could get out on my own and purchase my first pair. This was before the internet so I actually had to shop in stores. First pair were men's platforms with about a 4" heel. From there it went to kneeboots with 5" heels and a 1" platform. Along came my first computer and making selections was a breeze although I moved on to Payless as they had womens heels in my size. Purchased them in the store. Was nervous but the first pair of heeled boots I took to the cashier went well and her comment to me was those are some nice looking boots. That got me shopping in stores, especially Payless, but others also and have always had a great sales experience. Wasn't long after I found HHPlace and knew I wasn't alone although I still had reservations of wearing in public. I read all the post's about great outings and slowly ventured out. No ill effects! Recently my major heeling trip by plane was exciting and with all the advice from other members here of just do it turned out great. As Shafted says, Just Man Up And Do It! Is so true! I now will wear my heels anywhere! Thanks to all the help here at HHPlace! Jim

My first experience was simply curiosity. At least it seemed like curiosity at the time. I was watching TV in my parents bedroom while my mom was cleaning the living room during summer vacation one day. I noticed a pair of wooden Candies 3.5-inch heel mules. I had seen an episode of Gilligan's Island where he had to dress up like a girl and was falling all over the place in the heels. Having clomped around in heels as a little kid I thought it was rediculous that they had him falling all over the place. When I saw her heels that day I had to give it a try just to see if it was really that hard to wear heels. It turns out that at that time I fit my Mom's size 10 shoes perfectly. And though I took to the heels pretty well I learned that there a little something behind the scene of Gilligan in heels. That, at least, is what initially made me want to put on a pair of heels. I am not sure what clicked in that moment but I recall trying on several pairs that afternoon. Shortly thereafter a gal could not go by in a pair of heels without me wondering what it was like to wear them. Really high pumps were in at that time during the late eighties. My Mom only owned sandles but I really wanted to try a pair of pumps. Things just took off from there and I found myself buying my first pair of women's shoes within a year or so. I was 12 years old then. It wasn't until my mid thirties that, after a lot of research and other stuff, I uncovered more of the motivation behind my heel wearing. If anybody is interested in that stuff then PM me and I might be interested in going into more detail. Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I love the look and the feeling of wearing them. They've always been an expression of positive aspiration for me since childhood (though it's only in the last few years I've learnt to feel comfortable with that).

• Like 1

If you like it, wear it.

I remember playing with my mother's heels one night in the living room using them as a construction site baracade like the "horses" they used to use. It never crossed my mind to try them on then or for some years later. I was looking at the 1963 Aldens Spring/Summer catalog when I was 11 years old and notice that they had a choice for many of the girl's shoes offered - flats or jet heels. It crossed my ming as to why did girls get to make that choice. A couple of years later I notice that some of the little girls styles had jet heels for little kids with the message: "She will feel so grown up in her first heels - a littel bit higher to delight her, but low enough for healthful foo comfort!" This intrigued me. What was it about heels that made a girl feel grown up? How did it feel to be "delighted?" What was it about comfort as the girl's/woman's foot looked to be very comfortable by being placed at an angle. I did not understand the concept of "sexy" then. It was something I wanted to try to just see what was so special about the feelings involved but I already had feet bigger than my mother's size 6.5 and could not try hers. I was left at my grandmother's house to watch TV as my parents took her to get groceries and I tried a pair of open toe sandles with a quarter strap on a solid 2 1/4" heel. Her 8.5s fit my foot just right. I remember taking those first halting steps in those heels and found it so much mor fun than my shoes. I guess you could say I understood the word "delighted." I found it fun to rock back on the heels and balance on the back edge of the heels when walking. Did I say it was "fun?" I still see young kids that are probably new to heels doing that very same step with a huge smile on their face. I have to say I became hooked and was denied the chance to enjoy after my foot size quickly passed my grandmother's shoe size. I soon found myself admiring my peers enjoying their first heels for our 8th grade class photo. The girls were so lucky to wear their heels all day long and it was hard to keep my mind on the subject matter as the constantly shifted their feet as the tried to find comfortable positions. I bought my first pair of female shoes as a freshman in college by ordering from the Montgomery Ward Catalog a triple strap Mary-Jane with a 1 1/4 inch chunky shaped heel as the "jet heel" had fallen away from style. My second was a pair of white 3"stiletto heels in a size 11 from the 1970 Aldens Catalog that set the standard for enjoying the feel of walking in high heels. Many more purchases between then and the Payless Kosmic 13M's I got last fall by trying them on in the store with great help of a sales associate. There was a mystery that surrounded highheels that only girls got to solve and I just had to know.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

My experiences are a lot like those already expressed here, and my "experience" is posted somewhere at this site. The condensed version, I have liked women's shoes since I was a kid (pre teen). Don't know why. As a teen, I began to purchase and wear women's flat sandals, sometimes to the chagrin of my folks. When I went away to school, I was able to wear women's sandals often and loved the freedom. My friends (and gf - who became my wife) really did not care - but some thought I was weird, ha ha. In 1996 I went to Argentina for a trip and was amazed at all the beautiful high heel sandals the gals wore there. Don't know if it was "the grass is greener" syndrome, but I really never noticed heels on the gals here in the U.S. before. When I returned to the U.S. I was shoe shopping - for flats - and saw a pair of slip-on thong slides with a 2 inch kitten type heel. I tried them on, they fit, and I was hooked. I wore them in public and no one seemed to care all that much. Still have those sandals, maybe I will post a pic of them some day. And some of my friends still think I am weird, ha ha.... take care all, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Ive always liked seeing women wearing high heels and from time to time tried on some of my wifes shoes which luckily fit me as ive a small foot I think its the look of the leg and the posture that makes me feel good when i wear them The look of a woman in heels and skirt is very enjoyable to see regretably many girls now wear trousers and flats as its deemed more practicle in this modern fast society we live in.. the girls are wearing the trousers that men used to wear so why not us men wear their heels! Heels make women more feminine and attractive where'as flats often give the women the look of shuffling around like an old hobbit...its about presentation of oneself really i think its the look and feel that makes high heels attractive to me cant get enough of them, Ive noticed that quite a few guys on here have great shoes and legs to match as the retailer NEXT say GET THE LOOK

It started out as honest curiosity from when I was 16 that I started dabbling into my sisters stuff out of curiosity I tried the heels she had for prom or whatever and some of her clothes and it was sexy, it felt sexy and from that moment on I have ever so much tried to hide it of course and that heightened the feeling and desire because I was addicted to the adrenaline of doing something out of the norm and nobody knew it over time once again just within the last 2 years I have gotten bolder and bought my own. In my mind I have wanted to always make it something that isn't seen as completely feminine but that is tough to do unless you wear neutral heels and I'm into the stiletto game. Long story short I somehow acquired a foot fetish among other things a desire to cross dress(mainly foot fetish now) but I know I'm a guy and wouldn't want it any other way.

Since I've tried on a pair of heels from a friend when I was a kid I've been hooked. Something just hit me right at the moment when I was wearing her ankle boots in the streets (it started as a truth or dare kinda thing) It felt so perfect, so like it should be this way. And this feeling I still get when I'm wearing my own heels now. It just feels like my feet where meant to be put in this position. And besides that, I like the look of those incredible shoes at my feet.

Check my site: www.incredibleheels.com

It all started as a high heel fetish, and I know that I wanted to know what wearing them was like. Since at my home, there aren't any heels in my size, I bought a pair for myself, and I just really liked it. It hasn't got anything to do with female feelings, I don't see heels as reserved for women only. So I liked it and went on with it. I own 3 pairs now, but more will come!

• Like 1

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

I'm like a lot of others in here. I don't know why, but the interest in women's shoes just happened. I started to notice when I was young; then the late 60's hit with the higher styles of girls shoes and sandals. Suddenly, it was OK for guys to wear heels and platforms in the 70's. Of course, I was all over that idea, and I've never looked back! It's too late for me to change now anyway.

• Like 1

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

It was in the fall of 1971, and my gf (now my wife) had a tall room mate who was moving out and asked me to take a bag of her clothes to a local charity bin. I was glad to comply and noticed a gorgeous pair of size 11 burgundy leather sandals with squarish toes and heels. I wondered what it was like to wear them, and those sandals never made it to the charity bin. I wore them a lot in private and enjoyed them. Later I bought a pair of cheap white sandals from K-mart, and enjoyed wearing them also. Later I ventured into pumps and eventually boots, loafers, and clogs, and for years never wore sandals, but in the last couple of years I've gone back to enjoying sandals. Steve

• 2 weeks later...

...I guess it just happened as well? HAHA

I mean I'd love to think of a creative answer to it, but seeing that I've had to force out a reason for myself on how I came into heels (rather, why is it I like heels the way I do), I guess it's a bit strange to say anything otherwise. But yeah, it started out as a curiosity that turned into wanting to experience super-tall platform heels and now, it's plateaued into just liking heels in general. Also as numerous others stated, I also had a fetish for it at one time and is still present today.

Now I just need a job so that I can buy more! :P

Formally "HHDude"

• 4 weeks later...

for me was exactly when i was 3 and seeing my sister and older cousins in heels and other nice shoes. i was instantly lured to it. i hated my own shoes so i would try to wear their shoes obviously to big for me at that time lol, but i then grew up and that was all i preferred to wear with my clothes. couldnt though up until i was 17 but better late than never. even though its not really a fetish for me its a lifestyle and a part if my wardobe i also drifted off into trying new things that could go together like jeans and accessories and sometimes nails.. gotta admit thats when things became fun lol..

At first, seeing my moms kneehigh dress boots for the first time. For some reason I never wore them, but I looked at them all the time. Then I got into cowboy boots. I can't stand them now. But womens kneehigh boots with chunky heels and a bit of platform does it for me. I feel naked witgout heels on(and probably makeup too), but we can save that for a different section.

Yup, back when I was very impressionable at 6 or 7, my 3 cousins dressed me up in a dress and nylons with some shoe I cant remember and paraded me around my grandmother's house. I think those times directed my future interests. Also my mother also wore high heels which also gave me lots wonder about. It has not stopped since, but certainly finding more guys in same level of interest here helped me over those hurtles. Just do it has become my mantra. After all I cant wait until my next life to wear what I want to wear.....it has got to happen this time around.

Since it seems Amanda's on holiday I'll do her job. Looking at the title, don't you think this thread should be moved to the Men's Forum? ;)

Yes, and so it goes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I coveted the psychological experience that I perceived my mom enjoyed when wearing heels at the impressionable age of 5-6. She had a pair of knee high boots with a chunky 3" heel. Slipped em on when she was gone, got caught in the living room wearing them, and to this day I can still recall the theme of her words, "you can wear them when you get older" I think there might be some truth in the theory that some of us covet the feelings of self-esteem that our female mother figures felt when they wore heels. And somehow, we identified with that emotion at youth and carried it through adulthood.

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.