Pantyhose

stilletoboot

• 8 months later...

In the cool months which is about 9 of them here in Oregon, I wear a lot of tights. (Mainly with boots). I have some hose, but prefer stockings for the thinner leg wear. I've been getting into thigh high boot socks a lot more too. 

I highly recommend

www.activskin.com

for all you bigger guys who don't have good success with women's tights and pantyhose. Activskin is made for men's dimensions and anatomy and it's more durable. While it might cost more, it lasts longer, so the cost per wearing is less. Check it out.

In the interest of full disclosure, I know the owners pretty well and have a vested interest in the company. And I'll be glad to assist anyone, answer inquiries, or otherwise try to help out my fellow heelers.

Steve

• 10 months later...

Have that itch to wear black dark tights with a sweater and killer dark heels. Similar to these red ones.

After noticing almost all my sweaters i own are kind of short, hip to upper thighs, is it a bit to much showing a lot of upper thigh..

Did a beta test wearing slight sheer dark footless panty hose and a long sweater similar to a sweater dress like these below.

Got the idea seeing a woman at a local grocery store wearing a grey wool tunic turtle neck sweater or what it's called, a sweater dress, with black opaque leggings and knee high flat boots. While her sweater had hems clinging like a elastic closer to her thighs making it fitted better then any i own.

Thought to myself i could rock this look a bit better with heels shown or my fitted three inch heel ankle booties i tried on, liked how i looked. No pictures yet to show but i'm a bit shy knowing the attention i would receive. The way i look it would be similar to the third last picture of the asian female but prefer the look of the second last picture like the heels.

Ain't shy wearing leggings with a hemmed button up shirt but the pantyhose or thick knitted leggings with obvious stiletto heels is intimidating. Have i crossed the line of female male attire that we can get away with? 

Maybe i should just be a little tame, buy flat knee boots and having fun with mixing up the leggings styles like the last picture. More woman i see wear less heels and go for that look.....

Never had interest wearing a dress, but sweater dress ain't much a jump to a tunic or long sweater that now seem unisex at least shopping at H&M.

Maybe i need to practice and getting use to wearing my wishbone ankle bootie 3" heels more  often without breaking a sweat then the odd calculating occasions shopping. Then i might be bold to buy my first heels shown below wearing them without hangups. Baby steps, sounds ridiculous to many veteran heelers.

I'm perplexed puzzled why some males lack confidence unlike me, going nude on a beach, wear a thong at a beach,  workout at a gym with crop leggings  in public, or wear ultra skinny female jeans out on the street.  I'm cool with all that but when it comes to needle heels i'm shy...

2015-Red-bottom-high-heels-Sexy-Suede-Leather-Ladies-Pointed-Toe-Ankle-Boots-Booties-women-s.jpg

howtowearleggings1.jpg

sweater-dress-with-boots-akonezmqy.jpg

ModCloth plaid dress tights.1436.jpg

howtowearleggings20.jpg

On 4/25/2014 at 6:30 PM, SleekHeels said:

Wouldn't that depend if the "night out" is to a Rocky Horror Show or a fine restaurant?

While personally I would be hoping and praying that I could get a glimpse of those stocking tops and garter straps, the correct answer here is that for a nice dinner out and a movie, it is much more appropriate for the dress or skirt to cover the stocking tops and garters.

• 7 months later...

I have come to really like looking down and seeing decent looking legs extending down to my shoes.  I have been wearing opaque legging with long tops or shorts or a skirt but I really like the look I get wearing hose instead of leggings.  I wear hose or panty hose with shorts and skirts with either flats or boots on my feet.  The only downside is having to take extra care to not snag them especially when I'm out in the yard where stray sticks abound.  I have also noticed that the top of my leather thigh boots will rub a nasty mark on hose so I generally wear leggings with my thigh boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 10 months later...
On 5/01/2016 at 8:41 AM, RonC said:

While personally I would be hoping and praying that I could get a glimpse of those stocking tops and garter straps, the correct answer here is that for a nice dinner out and a movie, it is much more appropriate for the dress or skirt to cover the stocking tops and garters.

As RonC said, it is not appropriate for your stocking welts (hold ups or suspended) to show. Whats under a skirt shouldn't be on show. Having welts on display when standing/walking is no different than bending over in a mini and showing everyone your knickers, its just not appropriate.

On the other hand - showing a little welt when sitting is unavoidable at times, and it is fun to play to the gallery a little if people are looking....

13 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

As RonC said, it is not appropriate for your stocking welts (hold ups or suspended) to show. Whats under a skirt shouldn't be on show. Having welts on display when standing/walking is no different than bending over in a mini and showing everyone your knickers, its just not appropriate.

On the other hand - showing a little welt when sitting is unavoidable at times, and it is fun to play to the gallery a little if people are looking....

Sadly, my wife always hated wearing any kind of gartered or thigh-high stockings.  She was a pantyhose girl.  She did wear gartered stockings on my request maybe a handful of times, and would complain about them falling down, etc., the whole time.  I quit asking......but I sure did enjoy it when she did those too many years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

LovesHiHeels,

Agree with ROnC in that the stocking tops should be hidden by the length of the dress or skirt. If you're going to RHPS then there are no rules at all. I love dresses and much prefer above-the-knee styles so I would always wear thigh-high pantyhose. Otherwise I wear knee-highs which are cumfy and are good for trying on shoes: easier off and on with pantyhose.    And yes, my friend, Steve63130 knows the owners of Activskin quite well. I'd even say he has  a "fitted" interest in the company. When your heels are really high you can see more!  HappyinHeels