Impossible With Heel On

Leatherheels

I know this has probably been brought up before, but where do women have the most trouble wearing heels. I live in an apartment building and my mailbox is out by the street. We have just got a lot of snow and no one has cleared the parking lot yet. There is no way I am going to be able to get to my mailbox. I walked out front a little while ago and said no way. I will just have to get the mail later, or maybe tommorrow. Jennifer

I don't like rain in the best of circumstances, but trying to walk on grass after it has rained, is a recipe for disaster, for the shoes and the grass.

I have to agree with Patsy...soft ground and heels are not compatible! I'll add one more...heels and loose gravel. Talk about something that will ruin a pair of heels, gravel will simply chew the leather off of a heel faster than anything except a ultility grate on a sidewalk!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

Actually, I have a nice pair of high-quality boots which have a very profiled sole and they are much better for walking on soft grounds and especially snow than many flat shoes. And I also have some problems in flat shoes, which I am ok with.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just had to teeter down the outdoor fire escape at work in my favourite Louboutins!

I'd describe that as not "impossible" but pretty damn frightening and tricky!!

The fire alarm went off in the office. So slow with all those people trying to leave at once. Also fairly terrifying! I'm not got with great heights at the best of times but an open air metal staircase with wet paint putting the handrails out of action in places, was a scary experience.

There is no fire, and i didn't break my ankle, and my lovely Loubies are unharmed! phew

Louise

The fire alarm went off in the office. So slow with all those people trying to leave at once. Also fairly terrifying! I'm not got with great heights at the best of times but an open air metal staircase with wet paint putting the handrails out of action in places, was a scary experience.

Louise

At that point my shoes would be in my hand.  Glad you were all right.

• 2 months later...

They always do fire drills at the wrong time, as though fires happen in office hours only.  Once at our school a child set off the fire alarm at lunchtime when they were all out on the playground.  All the children went wild and ran inside.

Now, I'd never seen Alistair as a symbol of disingenuousness.  Are you saying I was led by my dog?  Actually, not Farseeing, you won't  be aware of Puppy Love (BBC 4), where the character is led by her dog.

I might spend too long seeingfar, but I can link two threads.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heels on any surface can be dangerous. I have 22 floors and when the elevator is down I have made the treck up in 4 inch heels but down I usually go without them. I live in Toronto so snow and ice are part of my world Dec-April and I walk about two blocks to my office in my 4-5 inch heels all winter. Worst is grass, sand or gravel.  Once did a wedding where I was in 5 inch heels and the patio was like gravel and total nightmare. But above all walking down an icy sidewalk in a 20degree slope in 5 inch heels can scare the daylights out of me. 

• 5 months later...

Sometimes I need to navigate a path covered by thin, wet moss while wearing high heels ... the moss are VERY slippery and my heels slipped and slid like crazy on them ... luckily I usually have my fiancee with me so I can use him as support he he

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...