Ballet heels experiences?

Mano

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

today I've recorded a little clip while (trying) walking in ballet heels - ooouch, my toes are still aching a little. Well for now a little picture a made at this ocassion:

Posted Image

Because the video clip need to be edited (cliping the part where I'm crawling back to my computer :smile: ) I gues I need until tormorow until it's online...

best wishes

Joak :smile:

they would equate more to 7" heels. I've seen the style before, but never thought much of them. I can see that they would be more stable, due to heel and the fact that the toes are not being stood on, so I don't think they would qualify as ballets.

OK, you asked for some pics? Well here's the preview of my little video clip while "walking" (or stumble?) in ballet heels:

Posted Image

The full AVI file can be found in the linked video gallery!

best wishes

Joak :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joak on 2002-05-30 03:17 ]</font>

Wow....congrats on being able to do THAT much, Joak. I know I could never handle walking in those things. I think I'll stick to platforms if I want heels THAT high :smile: :smile: .

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Tendons in the foot, ankle, and calf are a bit short, it's going to take some time to streach them out. I been looking to buy a pair my self. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-05-30 04:28 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Well. about "walkinfg" in ballet heels - I know that my knee bend while walking in them, that's right. But this clip is l-ike the whole ballet heel thing- a just for fun stuff for me! I not shure if I'll be ever able to walk perfect in those.... But I'll look around here, maybe someone else is able to show better walking abilities :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One step in ballets, a giant leap to stop myself from falling! I can manage to stand up in my ballets now, still can't straighten my legs, but I can stand unsupported. I may try a few steps when I can stand a bit better. How is everyone else getting on with their training?

• 3 weeks later...

you're making better progress than me I'm still teetering with bent legs :grin: I could do a similar thing with my training as my hallway is about the same length from stairs to front door (let's hope no-one knocks on while I'm down that end although the door may add some support :smile:) I'm going to be renovating my ballets soon and adding the straps that were there orginally, that will help them stay on my feet :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I largely agree with terayon, but not the language. I think that any footwear that bushes the bridge forward of vertical doesn't look nice. Similarly on corsets, waists less than 60% of hips. That's not to say that it isn't nace for the wearer, just to look at. Shane

• 2 weeks later...

Punative shoes have just come up with a new range based on the ballet design. At the moment, they have a mule, tie-leg sandal and strap sandal. They appear very reasonably priced as well.

This is the strap sandal.

Those look quite nice... Next time I get paid some commission, perhaps I'll check them out.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Linsey, we'll have you leading the ballet heel relay race :smile: Unfortunately, too much is happening in my ife at the moment for me to devote any time to my ballets :-( Two deaths, 1 on either side of the family has curtailed it. Lack of money, new car needed (old one rotting) and trying to sort the house out are sucking up far too much time and effort :grin: But I shall soon be back in the fold again :grin: and I shall post a few more pics.

Those look quite nice... Next time I get paid some commission, perhaps I'll check them out.

I'll let you know what the service and manufacture is like, since I ordered a pair yesterday morning. They say delivery in 30 days, making them to order. We shall see.

• 9 years later...

Well this is actually the reply to #1 Any experience, some and still working on it. Can I walk in them, lets say that I sure do not want to. Have already shortened the heel so I can but not worth counting. How much training well training has not started because I need to do some more fixing. The toe box is an absolute joke way too big and way too soft. Fortunately the extra size will be good for the stiffening when I get ready to make my toe-box stiffener with fiberglass. My ballet heels came from Od Girl for just under $100 and made by Devious I got the ankle boot in leather and no zip. Are there any differences between manufacturers. There must be. With the Chinese stuff that can not be used right of the box to the $1200 high fashion cobblers there has got to be some difference. Anyway I am making my own. Already made the last for the right and cut the leather for the liner. They will have three layers and be nice and stiff with the weight on the heel and meditarsels and not on the tip of the toes. Lace up to the knee and no zip. They are coming slowly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As for that construction and progress it is coming slowly and in addition to that I am loosing my hangout here at the shop in Orange. There are a few other possibilities that I will check out but the balletheel project is going into a box for a while.