Ballet heels experiences?

Mano

Does anyone have experiences of the most fetish things of all - ballet heels? Could you walk in them? How much training did it require? How high are the heels? Which manufacturer did your ballets? Are you satisfied? Are there any major differences between different vendors/manufacturers?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to own a pair, but sold them a couple of years ago. I could walk around on them up to a point around the house, (ie I could get from room to room) and could stand on them for about 20 minutes max. You've probably seen photos of someone in ballet boots stood on a stepladder, well they were taken by me in a moment of madness. They're not the easiest boots even to stand in, however, and very few manage it. Mine were made by the Little Shoe Box, but I bought them off the rack from a shop in London that happened to have a size 10 in stock. I wouldn't recommend the LSB however. Not since I put in a made to measure order, which took 2 months to come, only to find that they were made to standard size. From the looks of them, Qualityfetish do a much better quality boot, and they have the more rounded toe which ballet boots are supposed to have to stop the toes from coming into contact with the end of the boot. The LSB boots have a flat toe which means that the foot is pressing on the boot end.

From the contacts I have had with various venodrs of BBs, it also seems that Qualifetish are very service-minded, you get prompt replies to every enquiry. Some other firms, although displaying e-mail addresses, do not reply at all. How can they seriously believe that one is willing to spend $300 - 600 to a firm that does not even reply?

I would love a pair myself but whenever I have saved up, I can always find something else to spend the cash on.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I tried them once at another collectors place but had big problems handling them, unable to get my knees straight even when standing, and having my toes hurt after wearing them 15 minutes. I don't think I will ever spend money on such style.

http://www.highluc.yucom.be/images/Photo_001.jpg

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-03-11 03:00 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Try telling Mme Sylvie Guillem she looks clumsy and you might just be taking a backward step. B) I did a bit of it in my teens and I'm not the world's most uncoordinated person nor am I the world's most coordinated person. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

yeah, I would sure like toe hear Debbies's arguments why ballet heels look "clumsy". They are of course exteremly "fetish" and unpractical to use as any kind of "real" footwear, if you know what I mean, but calling them clumsy really makes me interested, since I think that a person walkin en pointe is probably the most gracious thing you can see, assuming of course, that they master the art and do not look like beginners....

yeah, that's my impression too. Assume the bearer is capable of walking elegantly in them, ballets look really wonderful. Just imagine the small steps the wareer has to take. Has anyone seen a good movie with walking in ballet heels?

Heike also made some clips in ballets, one was with ballet sandals on which (s)he wobbled quite a bit.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Everyone has their goals in life and some are just able to do just that. For the rest of us it's either due to lack of funds or lifestyle rendering the envisaged result as being outside our reach. Spook has to be admired for what she is attempting and good luck to her. Personally her ultra small frame and waist do nothing for me, but I will not condemn her for her choice. As for cling film covering a person I can see some practicalities, such as increasing sweat production in certain areas to help with weight loss and associated problems, but as a fetish item it doesn't appeal. I do find many things erotic and sensual, but each to their own. If someone disagrees with my points of view then I can only say that it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, just as everyone else is entitled to theirs. On a plus side, I would love to own or even just try a pair of ballet boots on just for the experience. I shall probably end up flat on my back or face, but what a laugh :smile: To me they are the most erotic style of shoe you can get. I have seen various others styles like pony boots which don't seem to interest me, but that's where likes and dislikes come in. If I saw someone wearing them I would be curious as to their capability to walk in them but would not ridicule them for it. If anyone in UK has a pair of size 9 ballet boots available, let me know!

On 2002-03-16 19:17, Anagram wrote:

Openmindedness doesn't mean thinking everything is "swell" just to be "in the spirit" of thinking differently.

well, if he wants others to accept his choices for personal expression, then he has to accept others for their.

Hi all, I just ordered a pair of ballet heels in my size 37,5. I hope the first pair will be right so I don't have to change them for another size and wait longer. I'm curious to find out how they will be for my feet. I heard some people say it's easier to wear than full 6 inch heels. I also think spook is amazing, she is a bit my role model. I can only hope I will do as good on the ballet heels as she does.

On 2002-03-18 17:41, phuonginheels wrote: >Hi all, I just ordered a pair of ballet >heels in my size 37,5. I hope the first pair >will be right so I don't have to change them >for another size and wait longer. I'm >curious to find out how they will be for my >feet. where did you order them?? >I heard some people say it's easier to wear >than full 6 inch heels. Why is that?? >I also think spook is amazing, she is a bit >my role model. >I can only hope I will do as good on the >ballet heels as she does. Spook is really cool and friendly, I have talked to her via mail.

Some people I've talked to said the angle between the flat toes and the steep instep of 6-inch heels caused them more pain (especially on the balls of their feet), as the weight of their bodies on their toes in ballets. This off course only worked for people who had their used on steep insteps of 5-inch heels before, and most said they needed their weight spread over their ballets by tightly tieing the laces of their ballet boots. I don't know about how possible that will be in ballerina ballets. Keep us informed please.

is there also a significant differnece between, say, 7" shoes and ballets (I think ballets often are 9", right?) Is it the fact that the angle between the ball of the foot and the toes gets to "stetched" that causes this? (I saw that La Piazza introduced a range of 7" heels for EU sizes 41 and above at non-custom-made prices...)

I am waiting for the shoes to arrive. But I must also tell you that i am thin, and very light, i only weigh 45kg, and i did ballet when i was a little girl. So i think those 2 things will play in my advantage. Nevertheless i think it will be a great challenge. I will tell you when i start my little experience.

• 2 weeks later...