Went Out In Heels Today...

JSLS

So, as the topic says, I went out in heels today. Here's the thing...

It didn't feel like anything special.

I'm slowly finding myself wanting 'daily heels', like the boots I wore today. I will attach a picture. I like my courts, and knee boots with a 5" heel, but I feel that a day in them, with no prior time out in heels, would be difficult. I bought my boots from Deischmann, I think they were around £20, and have a 3" heel. They fit really nicely, are easy to walk in, and are comfortable.

Went out in London, just a day out, looking around shops, a trip to the comic book store, Hamley's toy store and a nice lunch, with the Mrs. One thing I find on this forum is a desire to be seen, to be noticed. I don't find myself with that desire, but I don't care if it happens. The staff at lunch noticed. They had a chat about it, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. One pointed out my shoes, the other had a look. What was funny was they seemed more impressed by them than horrified/amused/whatever. I saw another guy having a look, and when I looked at him he looked me in the eyes, no reaction, no expression, just walked on. Other than that, completely uneventful, as I feel it should be. I'm just a guy, wearing shoes.

The only part that was slightly uncomfortable was running to catch a bus. First day out in heels, out for 5 hours or so, almost constantly on my feet, and I had a bus to run for!

Well, that's my story for the day. I'll definitely be wearing them out a lot more, and looking for more 'daily' heels. What's amazing is I didn't care for this style of shoes (as a guy, I much preferred a sexier, higher shoe), but after learning how comfortable they can be, I love them.

post-17814-0-39204200-1357687002_thumb.j

Great story man. I have developed the same attitude that you have. In fact, I'm thinning my shoe collection down to be just heels that I'll wear daily. Although my 6" platform strappy stripper heels are fun, they just aren't practical. And since I'm a guy, who is going to wear high heels, it has to be about practicality. I mean I don't drive a half ton pickup to pull my 18,000 camper do I? No, that's what the F-350 is for. If that makes any sense.

Mike

Great story man. I have developed the same attitude that you have. In fact, I'm thinning my shoe collection down to be just heels that I'll wear daily. Although my 6" platform strappy stripper heels are fun, they just aren't practical. And since I'm a guy, who is going to wear high heels, it has to be about practicality. I mean I don't drive a half ton pickup to pull my 18,000 camper do I? No, that's what the F-350 is for. If that makes any sense.

That's my feelings entirely. I could wear those ankle boots all day long, absolutely. And they look smart, low noise, which is always nice, and are comfortable. Walking around the house, I'll wear any heels. My courts are nice to wear, they feel good, they make me feel good, but they aren't shoes for every day, not for me.

JSLS---Liked seeing the account of your first time out and you related a common observation. You stepped out and the world yawned. You realized right then, "what's the big deal?" You also made the point that some people seemed quietly impressed rather than horrified over your footwear choice. With the tide of casual fashion sweeping the globe I think the sight of heeled footwear, on either gender, is a refreshing departure from what has taken over the street. This should be further encouragement for anyone to wear heels. Stand up for dignity...and style...and wear those heels! HappyinHeels

I am rapidly coming to the same conclusion myself. The last 5 pairs of shoes I've bought have been in the 4 1/2 - 5 1/2" range, and they're just awesome! I am not giving up yet, but I just don't think I'll be able to wear such shoes all day, every day. I keep coming back to my first pair of heels, 3 1/2" broader heel with 1" platform. They're practical. I don't worry about how much walking I'll have to do, and I know I don't look like an idiot wearing them.

I agree with everybody, it's all about feeling comfortable. Sure, the rush is great when you go outside your comfort zone, but you can't stay high (pun intended) all the time, or you'll come crashing down someday. Maybe literally.

Congrats on your outing JSLS.

I agree with everybody, it's all about feeling comfortable. Sure, the rush is great when you go outside your comfort zone, but you can't stay high (pun intended) all the time, or you'll come crashing down someday. Maybe literally.

I can assure your you that as you wear heels more and more, you can go longer and longer in them without a break until they just become normal. I find all my flat shoes uncomfortable, but I think it's because they cover the whole foot and are crowding out my instep. I can walk flat footed in bare feet just fine with no discomfort. Be warned, it's not hard to get where I am. I find flats that cover the whole foot a no go for more than a half hour.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Congrats on your outing JSLS.

I can assure your you that as you wear heels more and more, you can go longer and longer in them without a break until they just become normal. I find all my flat shoes uncomfortable, but I think it's because they cover the whole foot and are crowding out my instep. I can walk flat footed in bare feet just fine with no discomfort. Be warned, it's not hard to get where I am. I find flats that cover the whole foot a no go for more than a half hour.

I guess I didn't make myself clear, trying to be clever. What I meant was, one can't expect to go out every day and expect the "rush" that one felt at first. Sooner or later, it's got to feel comfortable and normal. I mean, one can only go higher and higher with the heel height for so long before he hits a physical limit. I think that is the spirit of what the OP was trying to convey. Sorry to muddy the waters.

No problem. Might be good for another topic in itself.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JSLS, I like your ankle boots and I think it was a good choise to wear those for going out in heels. For sure, I love all kind of high heels too. And I wished I could wear "difficult" 5" stiletto's outside. But I am not (yet) at that level. So I stay below 4" myself. Ankle boots are great for going out. I have a pair myself which have a 3" heel and they are my favourites to wear outside. Still high enough to feel you're on heels, but also comfortable so I can wear them with self-confidence.

HappyInHeels - I actually expected the "who cares?" attitude. London is a busy place, with lots of people doing their own thing. No-one has time or reason to stop and talk to the guy in heels about why he's wearing them or any other questions. Why am I wearing them? Comfort. They're comfortable. I also like being a little taller, which is why we've seen the likes of Robert Downey Jnr in heels. Shafted/mlroseplant - That's pretty much my point. I'm comfortable and able to walk, without any problems, in the boots I wore, and that's why I wore those. My partner and I often joke about how I can walk better in heels than she can, and she always says "Why don't we see about that when you get outside?". After feeling all of the lumps in the road, the different terrains etc, I don't think I'll manage too well on stiletto heels, but at the same time, I don't have a huge desire to be in stiletto heels. I did, but my tastes are changing as I look at a more daily life, and the practicality of being in heels all day long. Practice will make walking in stiletto heels outside easier, but that will come at a later time when I find a pair I want to wear outside. For now, my ankle boots are the style I'm looking for, to fit into my daily life. HeeledSlides - That's exactly it. My first outing, on all kinds of pathways and roads etc, wasn't going to go well in courts with a 6" heel and 2" platform! Not only would it likely become uncomfortable quickly, but I'd probably do myself an injury too! I chose the ankle boots because they were comfortable to walk in in the store, and I knew that I'd be fine outside. They were bought specifically for my venture out.

post-748-0-65800200-1358131864_thumb.jpgWell you guys I will start from the begining. In the past I would make the attempt to go walk inside the mall with my heels on either to just to grab something to eat or something but then I would chicken out fo some reason. Friday I threw all that out the window. I went to the mall wearing a blue t-shirt, aeropostale blue jeans, and Jeffery Campbell Lita boots to pick up my fiancee's engagement ring. I took a deep breath stepped out the car and started walking. My nerves started getting to me but each stride started to get more and more confident. It felt so good looking at my reflection from the glass windows of the stores I was walking by. I went and picked up the ring walked back to the food court to grab something to eat. As I was standing in line a woman (black) said that she liked my shoes. I said thanks. She asked me if I would raise my pants leg up so she could see and so I did and she was surprised and smiled. So after picking up my food I wished the lady to have a good day and she said the same to me and I was on my way. As I walked to my car I felt a very high sense of accomplishment. I think what drove me is that my fiance has always been there for me and supported me as far as the heels ordeal and everything else and it just felt like that was all I need. Plus reading the threads that you all have left gave me the extra boost to be confident in myself to show that I can be masculine and wear sexy shoes so thanks. Here is the photo hope you guys like it.

post-748-0-59407700-1358132005_thumb.jpg

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

post-748-0-65800200-1358131864_thumb.jpgWell you guys I will start from the begining. In the past I would make the attempt to go walk inside the mall with my heels on either to just to grab something to eat or something but then I would chicken out fo some reason. Friday I threw all that out the window. I went to the mall wearing a blue t-shirt, aeropostale blue jeans, and Jeffery Campbell Lita boots to pick up my fiancee's engagement ring. I took a deep breath stepped out the car and started walking. My nerves started getting to me but each stride started to get more and more confident. It felt so good looking at my reflection from the glass windows of the stores I was walking by. I went and picked up the ring walked back to the food court to grab something to eat. As I was standing in line a woman (black) said that she liked my shoes. I said thanks. She asked me if I would raise my pants leg up so she could see and so I did and she was surprised and smiled. So after picking up my food I wished the lady to have a good day and she said the same to me and I was on my way. As I walked to my car I felt a very high sense of accomplishment. I think what drove me is that my fiance has always been there for me and supported me as far as the heels ordeal and everything else and it just felt like that was all I need. Plus reading the threads that you all have left gave me the extra boost to be confident in myself to show that I can be masculine and wear sexy shoes so thanks. Here is the photo hope you guys like it.

Glad that you enjoyed yourself out heeling. The more you heel out, the more comfortable it becomes for you. Take it from someone that has been public heeling for many years now. I also get compliments from women all the time while wearing heels. I dress very fashionable all the time I am out heeling. That gives me a great feeling and I always present myself to the public as a fashion forward male that likes to wear heels too! My wife is ok with my heeling and we even have some matching pairs of heels that we wear out together. I am glad your future wife supports your heeling too. Enjoy yourself.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

First congratulations to you both on getting engaged. I don't know about others, but in my younger years I used to try to keep my heels separate from the good things in my life, so it's really inspiring to read how comfortable you were combining heels with the engagement ring. It's a great reminder of how important is to embrace heels as a positive and fun aspect of life and not be lugging around denial and guilt. Hope your confidence goes from strength to strength.

If you like it, wear it.

happy to hear of engagement. Glad to hear you both love to wear heels together. My wife and I wore boots for 12 years and she hated them all of a sudden. I started to wear them out and she hated it. Not allowed heels for now.

Congratulations! I think those heels are great! What are they? Wouldn't mind a pair for myself!

Hi they are from Shoes USA my fiance bought them for me some years back they were not cheap!!!! But if you do decide to I hope you like em. Take care

Congratulations hiheellover23, first and foremost on your engagement. That is fantastic. Also, congratulations on getting out of the car at the mall in heels. Way to go. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Congratulations hiheellover23, first and foremost on your engagement. That is fantastic.

Also, congratulations on getting out of the car at the mall in heels. Way to go.

Best,

Larry

Thank you I appreciate it a lot I appreciate every story and every bit of encouragement that you guys provide in every story and thread!!!

Hi HH23!

Congratulation for your engagment first! Then secondely for your heeling! It feels really good to go out and finally it is not such a "Big" thing to do!!!

As usual, your look is sharp and everything fits well together.

Regards, Matt