How Many Heels Do You Have, And How Many Do You Wear Regularly?

Curt

I have about 20 pairs of heels. Some 70s heavy flats and wedges, narrow heel pumps, and chunky heel platform boots. The only ones I wear are 5 pairs of fluevog pumps and boots. I have 6 fluevogs but one pair of boots I don't wear at all in the winter. They are super comfortable and just a joy to wear and look unique and expensive. The 70s plats I don't dare to wear outside the house because they are so out of fashion. I just keep them for historical reasons. I have one pair of vintage frye boots, but no cowboy boots, thank god!

Only counting those with a heel > 2 inches, black where otherwise stated.

Posted Image

There are three that I haven't worn so far (#5, #6, #22). #5 just looks ugly (I shouldn't have bought it), #6 is so high that I cannot walk in them, but they look just awesome, #22 are a bit too small an hurt when walking. I will probably sell #22.

I wear 21 out of the 35 (not counting those that haven't arrived yet) on a (more or less) regular basis, although I must admit that I sometimes look at a shoe box standing in my wardrobe and wonder what's inside. Then I discover "oh, that's this boot/shoe/whatever, I should wear it again some time".

I guess everyone has a place near the entrance where he keeps those shoes that are worn most often. Same with me. So it boils down to around 8 pairs of shoes that I wear day-in, day-out, about 2-3 of them with heels. At the moment, my favorite ones are Marc Jacobs knee-high equestrian boots, which are off the chart because they don't have much of a heel.

1100 pairs, where do you store them? That sure beats my 20 pairs. But the 5 pairs that a wear regularly, I love them to death. When I write out a will, some lucky person is going to get my fluevog heels!

1100 pairs. I have about 200 pairs which I wear regularly enough.

Oh my, that is just... wow!

-----

As for me, I have around 75 pairs +/- ... Whenever I add a few pairs, I try pretty hard to make myself donate a few. I've set a hard limit of 100 for myself. Not sure exactly why, but maybe it is just my way to keep them from taking over my life completely :) As of the last several years, I've had more shoes than my wife, which is a little bit embarrassing I think.

Anyway, I rotate through about 30 pairs fairly often, most of the others tend to be kind of flashy or too extreme for my comfort level to wear in public routinely.

It depends on what you count as a heel. I either have 13 what I would consider "heels," but you might include the 3 pairs of clogs I have which practically everyone else would consider "heels." A month ago, I had only 1 pair, plus the clogs. I think I better be done for a while, save a couple of exchanges/returns I need to do. I have 4 pairs of Sofft brand shoes that I really like, but I've quit buying those because they don't make anything higher than a 3 1/2" heel. My dogs are not yet up to wearing 4+ inchers all the time, but I suppose if I work up to it, the lower heels will probably find themselves getting worn less and less. But you never know.

Let's see - I've got 4 pairs of boots:

• 4" block heel no platform in bronze from Kohl's
  • 3 1/2" blade heel with 1/2" platform in black from Payless
  • 3" blade heel with no platform in "winter white" from kohl's
  • 3" stiletto heel in black from Payless
3 pair of wedge sandals:
  • 4" heel with 1" platform wedge from Payless
  • 3" heel with 1:platform wedge from Target
  • 2 1/2" heel with 1" platform wedge from Payless
and a pair of pumps - 5" heel with 1/2" hidden platform in red suede from Nine West. My second pair of pumps - Kimmee Mary Janes from Payless should be arriving at the store tomorrow.

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

I have eight pairs of girls shoes, one pair of ankle boots I almost wear daily and three pairs of mens style shoes. I can say over the last 35 years I have purchased many pairs of girls shoes, and thrown most of them away, learnt my lesson now and do not do that anymore I only buy what I am going to wear, no more impulse buying.

life is not a rehearsal

I'd say I have around 40 pair. 10-20% I wear regularly. I think I am going to sell off some of my collection. The stripper shoes, strappy sandals, etc I don't think I'll ever wear publicly. Leftovers from being Jennifer. I am focusing my collection on shoes that I'll actually wear every day, should I choose.

Mike

I'd say I have around 40 pair. 10-20% I wear regularly. I think I am going to sell off some of my collection. The stripper shoes, strappy sandals, etc I don't think I'll ever wear publicly. Leftovers from being Jennifer. I am focusing my collection on shoes that I'll actually wear every day, should I choose.

Sounds like you discovered what you really want.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I actually have a store room for my shoes...

I'm surprised you don't have a small warehouse. lol

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

1100 pairs.

I have about 200 pairs which I wear regularly enough.

Wow! I am a little envious. :-)

I actually have a store room for my shoes...

I hope that you have an automatic retrieval system too.

Absolutely. And it's been a very refreshing time in my life. It's taken me a long time to realize that I don't have to cross dress to wear heels to the mall.

That is really great.

As for my collection I have 25 - 30 pairs of shoes from the ladies side of the store. They range from 1-inch wedges from the late 80s to 5-6 inch trendy platform pumps. Of those I have worn 10 different pairs out publicly on 33 occasions (I am keeping a journal) and of those 10 pairs I have 3-4 pairs that I wear most frequently.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Well I have 20 pairs some of them are from 4" heel pumps 2

4 1/2" wedges pumps 2

one wedge 5" heel knee high boots 1

4 knee high 4" block heel boots knee high

3" heel block boots 3 and more.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I have about 75 pairs of wedges, pumps and peep-toe pumps, and boots and regularly wear about half of these. I am taking a second look at the other half I don't regularly wear and may sell or donate. I think the really exotic stuff, like stripper platforms could be limited to a pair or so just for that occasional Halloween party otherwise I've focused my attention on higher-heel but stylish shoes that would actually look good out and about. Dr. Shoe-------So, with 1100 pairs and counting, can I conclude that you are the "Imelda Marcos" of Great Britain?? I do think that number would require an extra room or two for proper storage. Truly an impressive number! HappyinHeels

I have counted 14 pairs, divided in 6 pairs of heeled exercise sandals / slides, 4 pairs of pumps and 4 pairs of boots. - Scholl Spicy, wood with white strap and 4" stiletto heel - Scholl Diva, wood with red strap and 3" block heel - Scholl Band 7, wood with black strap and 4" tapered heel - Berkemann Peggy, wood with red strap and 2.5" tapered heel - Berkemann Peggy, same with white strap - Candy, PVC base with white strap and 4" stiletto - Tamaris black classic pump with 3.5" narrow tapered heel - Tamaris back pump with wrist strap and 2.5" tapered heel - Vai Vai dark brown pump with ankle strap and 3" block heel - dark brown pump with ankle strap and 2.5" wedge heel, have to check brand name - 2-Bizzy black ankle boot with 3" tapered heel - Jane Shilton black knee high boot with 3.5" tapered heel - Jane Shilton same in grey - No name black knee high boot with 3" block heel And many more on my wishing list....

I have 52 pairs of boots. They range in styles. I have one pair of ankle boots, the other pairs are either knee high or thigh high. I have 7 pair of thigh high boots. The others range in colors. I have white, red, natural, black, brown. Regarding the heels, I have block, stilettos, wedges and other. All in all, I would say I have made a rather good collection of boots.

Between 100 and 200 pairs - I never really counted. They are mostly loafers and clogs, a few boots, a few pumps, and some sandals. I've tried to sell off some on Ebay to cull the collection to manageable, but it somehow grows faster than it shrinks. Of the total, I wear probably 20 pairs frequently. Others I wear occasionally. A few no longer fit or feel comfortable but somehow I just can't bear to part with them. Steve

I currently own just 4 pairs which are all over 4 inches. A little bit higher when there is a platform involved. They go from black patent courts, to leopard print t-bars and nude booties. All have an stilleto heel because I like the shoe to be sexy and not bulky. Most of them I try to wear on a weekly basis and only inside the house since I don't really have gathered the courage yet to get into public eventough I dream of getting to that point in my live.

Check my site: www.incredibleheels.com

I have bought (if I counted and remembered well) 32 pair of heels, divided as follow: 15 pairs of boots 3 pair of sandal 6 pairs of mules 8 pairs of pumps. But due to storing room very small, I have to get rid of some of them I don't like or wear. Actually as I buy all of them on the internet, sometimes, I have bad surprises regarding the look or the fit, but not that often I have to admit. What I have today is as follow: 9 pairs of boots 0 pair of sandal 2 pairs of mules 4 pairs of pumps. Which makes a total of 15 pairs. The ones I wear more frequentely are the boots with block heels, for the moment, no more stiletto heels. Not because I don't like them, but as I discovered to wear block heels made me much more confident, I keep on with this style for the moment, also my 8 latest purchase were of block heeled boots!!!

I have around 60 pairs of high heeled shoes. I guess I've worn maybe half of them at least once, and worn half of those several times. That'd also be about the same for my 20 pairs of boots. The pairs I have worn more tend to be my more recent purchases that I've bought with wearability in mind since I started heeling, but I'd like to rediscover some of my older heels and give them an outing too. There isn't a pair I wouldn't wear, it's just a case of incorporating them into an overall look I'm comfortable with.

If you like it, wear it.

If she had the same size... I would probably wear them anyway... but she is 3 sizes small... so too bad, hopefully someday I will have my secret hiding place back to store them. I would go and tell her, but that would ruin my relationship and who knows what more... I envy you guys that are open in this topic with your dear ones... that must be wonderful. Maybe it is better this way... I would probably turn bankrupt if I was able to shop and wear heels anytime I wanted... so many beautiful pairs out there :)