New Shoes! First Stilettos!

mlroseplant

The UPS lady (whom I secretly lust after) just brought me a new pair of shoes! Wow! They are beautiful, such soft, supple leather, but they are very steep. The heel is every bit of 5 inches, and there's not much of a platform. I'm going to have to practice to be able to wear these out without looking like an idiot. What do you think?

post-19325-0-52423900-1357393793_thumb.j

The UPS lady (whom I secretly lust after) just brought me a new pair of shoes! Wow! They are beautiful, such soft, supple leather, but they are very steep. The heel is every bit of 5 inches, and there's not much of a platform. I'm going to have to practice to be able to wear these out without looking like an idiot. What do you think?

Those are nice. What brand are they?

They are Nine West Cosy. I got them from Zappos.com. I seem to be stuck on Nine West lately. They generally make shoes that look more expensive than they really are, and they seem to fit me well. However, I've found that Nine West is not necessarily super consistent as far as sizing. I usually take a 9 or 9 1/2 US women's. I have Nine Wests that are 9s that seem to fit fine, and I have 10s that are on the tight side. Look for a liberal return policy.

If I was going to be picky, I'd want those in black, and cut just above the ankle, but other than that I love them! One thing I've learned from experience is that wearing them out is a lot harder than at home on nice flat surfaces. I would certainly be using the need to practise before going out in them as an excuse to wear them a lot. :wink1:

If the heels (viewed from the side) had any more of an outward curve it would put me off, but as they are I think they'd look super stylish worn with smart trousers, they look pretty feasible to learn to walk in and they'd make a great impression of guys in heels.

If you like it, wear it.

Sleekheels: I hesitated to buy these myself because of the curve, but in person they look much better. Nine West makes a similar style with a more classic heel, can't remember the name of it at the moment, but they didn't have my size in the color I wanted. And besides, I've spent way too much money on shoes lately. Jerbare: Oh, we've run into a hell of a problem with the Northstar. I hope it doesn't turn out that the machine shop messed up. Bringing in outside help tomorrow. Hope he's not put off by my heels. And no, I wouldn't work in these particular shoes. They're a bit high for this kind of work, and I wouldn't want to ruin them. That's what the moderately high (3.5", with 1" platform), somewhat beat-up clogs are for!

mlroseplant

Very nice booties. If they fit well you shouldn't have a problem mastering them. (Quality work takes time.)

You'll have to give the UPS lady more opportunities to stop by.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Just checked them out, unfortunately they are currently out of my size, 11.

Jkrenzer you might check again, I just checked and all colours had sizes up to 11.

Melrosplant, if you write a review of them on Zappos, mention that you are a male heel warer, I always do just to let them know that there are men that like heels too.