Doing "macho" Things In Heels

mlroseplant

Yeah, Fred Astaire rebuilt his Cadillac Northstar engine, but I did it backwards, and in high heels. Anybody find this humorous? I'm not joking about the engine. I'm joking about the "backwards." Any kindred spirits out there?

Haha, no, I didn't build the engine backwards. I was just trying out some humor late at night. Apparently unsuccessfully. However, I do often wear high heeled clogs out in the garage to do "manly" work, including the engine rebuild.

Sadly all the engineering work I do is at a large workshop on a farm a few miles up the road, would be a daft turning up in heels to change a gearbox on a Land Rover. But I have been known to do a bit of diy at home in heels though.

life is not a rehearsal

Haha, no, I didn't build the engine backwards. I was just trying out some humor late at night. Apparently unsuccessfully. However, I do often wear high heeled clogs out in the garage to do "manly" work, including the engine rebuild.

I chuckled!

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I've done all sorts of stuff... a lot of welding... Haven't done a heeled engine yet, but I am restoring a 68 Bronco so the 289 will be comming apart in the near future. Been doing a lot of cutting out of rust in heels too. Be sure to wear crappy heels if you plan on welding though. And watch out for hosiery - it doesn't go well with welding.

Mike

Wore 3.5" wedge boots to test out the last silencer I built at the gun range. Typically things are too messy/rough at our shop to risk messing up heels I like.

(formerly known as "JimC")

If you're going to have a truck page, don't forger to get "Calv" to contribute some stories of him, and some of the other members, taking trips while he drove in heel. :-)

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wore 3.5" wedge boots to test out the last silencer I built at the gun range. Typically things are too messy/rough at our shop to risk messing up heels I like.

Remember that turkey pic you commented on saying ' Nice bird '.. Yep, I was wearing 3inch wedge boots when I bagged mine. :D

Darians was bigger though :(

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Great question indeed. I have worn wedge sandals with really short cutoffs while cutting grass with the riding mower at our place in northern Wisconsin which gets my legs tanned rather well. I'd never wear open-toed shoes though when PUSHING a lawn mower. I've also worn wedge sandals when painting small projects when a seated position is preferable. You haevme wondering though...could I advance to cutting a chord of firewood while wearing knee-high boots with chunky 5-6" heels?? HappyinHeels

I have several times gone to what used to be a bastion of manliness (auto parts stores) wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels. I have also been known to cut the grass wearing them also. I cut the grass and aerate the lawn at the same time. :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Years ago I swapped a blown diesel engine out of an Olds Cutlass. It had thrown a rod through the pan, so it was an oily mess. I was wearing patent black 5" stilletto pumps with a huge shiny decorative bow on the back of the heel. They were old and I didn't care about messing them up, actually kind of wanted to. When you're laying on your back on a Creeper, you know how you use your feet to scoot yourself around? Yeah, like that... :nervous:

House Diy often, I've done the grass cutting and hanging out the washing (I'm quite domesticated really) on dry and soft grass though not currently it's more marshland. Car does depend on what's required but often game on if you know what I mean. Al

Still remember playing a drum set with my girlfriend and we both had on Thigh high heeled boots on while we were playing . The heel height was 5 inch. She and I broke up after a year. Loved those moments in those boots. Got married and have not played drums since. Would love to do it again.

The past several weeks I've been doing repairs on a house that I'm trying to sell. Did the majority of it wearing the boots in my avatar. The most difficult part was standing on a ladder painting the walls in one of the rooms. By the end my calves were burning and then ached for several days.

Addition to earlier, I have carried small bags of sand/cement 12-15 KG bags around the house certainly can feel the pressure on the heel area and feeling decidedly awkward. Paving slabs, did one and that was enough so out of balance it was untrue.

Al

I tried one week to stay in heels as much as I could and I even slept a few times wearing them, it did feel nice but my toes and back of my heels got REALLY sore. Not necessarily macho thing but...

Addition to earlier, I have carried small bags of sand/cement 12-15 KG bags around the house certainly can feel the pressure on the heel area and feeling decidedly awkward. Paving slabs, did one and that was enough so out of balance it was untrue.

Al

Only 12-15 kilos? That's for wimps, squire - round here, the standard size is 25 kilos :-P . (And it doesn't seem that long ago that 50 kilos (1cwt) was the norm. 'Elf & Safety be damned!)

But I sympathise with your awkwardness. I had some difficulty on one of my first supermarket visits in heels when trying to carry a couple of full bags of groceries out to the car. Yet many women do it all the time - and Ginger Rogers probably did it backwards too!

Still remember playing a drum set with my girlfriend and we both had on Thigh high heeled boots on while we were playing . The heel height was 5 inch. She and I broke up after a year. Loved those moments in those boots. Got married and have not played drums since. Would love to do it again.

Playing drums in heels is rather fun. For some reason, I seem to have better muscle control of the pedal timing for bass & hi-hat. There is a woman on youtube that is very good at it in fact (she is sort of my inspiration for doing it more often), she is rather impressive to watch.

I built on a 32x24garage in 4inch boots. They are my "work" boots. I did nott wear them on the roof. Also put up my 16ft garage door in slingback open toe pumps.