Transgendered

Curt

I have a great admiration for transgendered people, Its like me waking up tomorrow as a woman and nobody believing I am really a man. It must take massive strength and courage to tell the world they are trapped in the wrong body. Compared to them a man going out in heels is a drop in the ocean to what they must have to face. I certainly expect this forum to be a safe haven for any transgendered person to come and share their thoughts and opinions.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

All of us are multi-gendered, for every person starts their pre-mortality with all the gender traits and then we selectively merges these traits into our personality by what our individuality accepts. As a secondary process and depending on what influences the embryo, our sex designation developes.

I consider it purely a topic thing - "For the guys" for topics that are of specific relevance to guys, and "For Everybody" for topics that are of relevance to anyone, in each case regardless of who posts there.

(Perhaps the "For the guys" description could be changed from "Discussion specifically for men wearing high heels" to "Discussion specifically about men wearing high heels" since it's not just guys who are welcome to post there).

If you like it, wear it.

I have no problems with you posting here, or in the mens section. The mens section might be more appropriate for experiences you have when not presenting as a female. Be prepared for a bit of confusion, as was seen in another thread, as most people may not be sure how to handle every situation. We often build up an image of someone from our interactions online, and when you change that image people get confused. I'll be honest, spent time in my teens till now wondering if transitioning would be right for me. I've decided that being a guy with a few female habits/interests is more in line with who I am, as most interests people associate with women do not interest me. I do wonder at times how things would have been different if I said something back in my teens though.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Odd story here. I spoke of an individual with Dr. Shoe in private a while back. Many of you know I sort of ' inherited ' a lot of the footware I have. I actually bought it but the shoes/boots were for a woman I was going to marry. Many times in my years I have been called ' miss ' or ' Ma'am ' or been with a group of people and someone comes up and asks ' Who brought the chick? ' and honestly had no clue. I have questioned over the years that maybe I was ' wrong ' or born wrong. My view changed/I had a wake up call of sorts. The woman I bought the footware for had a cousin. I thought she was adorable but a little ' quiet '. She was cute, skinny with blond hair.. all of 16 years old.. Teeny-Bopper type. The odd thing was her family really didnt seem to want her around for some reason. It would seem she was looked down upon and the only person whom she was happy to be around was the woman I was living with. I was told by her father to just ' Leave my son alone, he has some problems '. Being the un-aware person I was, I told him I didnt know he had a son but he did have 2 lovely daughters and a cool wife. For my comment, things almost went physical. I had no idea why at the time but I was asked to ' leave ' as I wasnt ' family '. My girlfriend told me the whole story. The cute little girl was really a young man whos father didnt know how to deal with how the boy felt. ' She ' wound up running away and came to NY ( from Michigan ) and after contacting her parents ( I cant say ' his ' as shes not a boy at all ) they agreed to let her stay for a week or 2 till things could settle down. The father really lost his cool and scared ' his son ' so bad she decided ' its time to go for my own safety! '. She stayed for a month and her mother picked her up. The parents wound up divorcing. There were other issues besides ' his son '. Financial, Personal ( mother cheated on the father ).. a whole list of laundry so to say. But! In getting to know what this girl was going through and how she felt, I realized its not how I felt about myself at all. That I was the ' proper ' me so to say. I wasnt at all uncomfortable about who/what I am and that I didnt have any ' problems ' of the sort. I have had a SMALL insight into what someone ' transgendered ' might be up against. A very SMALL insight into what they might think or feel. Its a position I hope Im *never* put into! Its just a belief I have but if the individual doesnt mind being addressed as a woman, why not do it? If they are comfortable with such, wouldnt it be proper? Just a thought.. -Ilk.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

So pumpcat can probably get a driver's license in their perferred gender but can't post in that gender here? Are transgendered people allowed to post once they fully transition in their perferred gender, or are they stuck forever?

So pumpcat can probably get a driver's license in their perferred gender but can't post in that gender here? Correct

Are transgendered people allowed to post once they fully transition in their perferred gender, or are they stuck forever? Stuck forever

These restrictions are in place for a good reason. It's about survival of the website. HHPlace was not intended to be a TG/TV website, but that is exactly what happened to it in the past without these restrictions.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I'm not really trying to influence HHP policy - it doesn't actually matter to me one way or the other - but it's possible that HHP's current policy could fall foul of UK law. HHP is based in the UK and hence has to abide by UK law. My understanding, which could be incorrect, is that a transitioned TS person must be treated as their new gender for all purposes. This includes passport and law enforcement. Hence HHP should allow a transitioned TS to declare themselves female. If they are a new member and say nothing about their TG history then nobody is any the wiser and I don't see a problem. The question arises when long standing member John Smith has become Jane Smith. I am fully aware that HHP is not a forum for TS/TV/TG issues and am entirely happy about that. In all other areas of life Jane is entitled to be regarded as female without question or prejudice. Except here at HHP. I'm really not sure of the best approach.

If you have a better idea, I'm listening. Quite frankly it's not about what the website team wants. It's about what the majority of the membership wants. The ladies made it clear years ago. No guys and no TG/TVs on their forum. And that's what was given to them. If we receive a complaint from the ladies of a transgressor we will act accordingly. They are welcome everywhere else. Not permitting guys on the girls forum is just as discriminatory as not permitting TG/TVs. But most of the senior membership knows exactly why this must be. They know what happened before and were willing to make concessions to restore the forums to their original intent.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Odd story here. I spoke of an individual with Dr. Shoe in private a while back.

Many of you know I sort of ' inherited ' a lot of the footware I have. I actually bought it but the shoes/boots were for a woman I was going to marry.

Many times in my years I have been called ' miss ' or ' Ma'am ' or been with a group of people and someone comes up and asks ' Who brought the chick? ' and honestly had no clue.

I have questioned over the years that maybe I was ' wrong ' or born wrong. My view changed/I had a wake up call of sorts.

The woman I bought the footware for had a cousin. I thought she was adorable but a little ' quiet '. She was cute, skinny with blond hair.. all of 16 years old.. Teeny-Bopper type.

The odd thing was her family really didnt seem to want her around for some reason. It would seem she was looked down upon and the only person whom she was happy to be around was the woman I was living with.

I was told by her father to just ' Leave my son alone, he has some problems '. Being the un-aware person I was, I told him I didnt know he had a son but he did have 2 lovely daughters and a cool wife.

For my comment, things almost went physical. I had no idea why at the time but I was asked to ' leave ' as I wasnt ' family '.

My girlfriend told me the whole story. The cute little girl was really a young man whos father didnt know how to deal with how the boy felt.

' She ' wound up running away and came to NY ( from Michigan ) and after contacting her parents ( I cant say ' his ' as shes not a boy at all ) they agreed to let her stay for a week or 2 till things could settle down. The father really lost his cool and scared ' his son ' so bad she decided ' its time to go for my own safety! '.

She stayed for a month and her mother picked her up. The parents wound up divorcing. There were other issues besides ' his son '. Financial, Personal ( mother cheated on the father ).. a whole list of laundry so to say.

But! In getting to know what this girl was going through and how she felt, I realized its not how I felt about myself at all. That I was the ' proper ' me so to say. I wasnt at all uncomfortable about who/what I am and that I didnt have any ' problems ' of the sort.

I have had a SMALL insight into what someone ' transgendered ' might be up against. A very SMALL insight into what they might think or feel. Its a position I hope Im *never* put into!

Its just a belief I have but if the individual doesnt mind being addressed as a woman, why not do it? If they are comfortable with such, wouldnt it be proper?

Just a thought..

-Ilk.

And a very good thought!

I would think that if Bootcat or any other TG wants to post in the girl's forum, he should get another user id and register as a female. Then, as long as "she" acts and posts as a female and doesn't abuse the privilege, nobody will know the difference. I suspect there are already other TGs or wannabes who post on the girls' forum like this now, which is fine as long as they aren't annoying and disruptive. The mods don't personally meet with each applicant and check the plumbing! But if somebody, male or female, is being disruptive to the girls' forum, the mods will take action. Thanks to the moderators of this forum for keeping it a pleasant place to be. It's a tough job, but we have some great moderators. Steve

Not permitting guys on the girls forum is just as discriminatory as not permitting TG/TVs.

Don't think there's a problem with that particular discrimination under UK law, no more than having a "ladies only" area in a clubhouse, although discrimination based on gender is illegal in many respects. The problem is that in the UK a transitioned M2F TS is legally female for all purposes.Except apparently here at HHP. Those TV/TG folk who present convincingly as female when they are legally male are still legally male. If they are convicted of a crime they would go to a male prison, it says male in their passport. There is no problem with HHP barring these folk from the girl's forum. It's just that relatively small quota of transitioned TS people who are legally female. We may have one or more amongst us without even knowing it; we don't have a right to ask and if they don't tell there's no way of knowing.

I appreciate this is a complex and delicate subject for which there are often no simple answers. TG folk (of all types) can face unwarranted discrinination in many walks of life. On this basis, HHP's policy can be seen as a very minor thing,

I think we're running into the same old stereotype that dogged trandgender people forever. People are confusing physical sex with actual sex of the person. Once a trangendered person has fully transitioned, they are that gender, legally and otherwise. Plus there is the difference between a transgendered person and a transvestite. If you can represent your country at the Olympics in your new gender, I think they can post here in it as well, don't you think?

I know that if the forum goes back to what had happened before, I'm out of here, and I know I'm not the only one.Then it will become another TG forum and possibly all support to keep it going will be gone. Website destroyed. Is that what you want? With only 55 posts since 2008, your opinion doesn't hold a whole lot of weight.

According to the UK Gender Recognition Act (2004) http://en.wikipedia....nition_Act_2004 a transexual (as defined in that act) must be treated for all purposes as their new gender identity. HHP policy therefore seems to be illegal. However this is of no practical consequence in most cases.

Those who are not fully transitioned M>F and are not legally recognised in their assumed gender are legally male. Period. Therefore HHP can exclude them from the girls' forum. Those M>F TS who are legally recognised as female can join HHP as female and nobody will know otherwise unless they say something. It would be wise for them not to.

That leaves a potentially tiny number of existing members, including one of the team, who have legally become female or are preparing to do so. I suggest that each of these is treated on a case by case basis and an individual agreement reached. I doubt this will involve significant effort for the team as the numbers are almost certainly tiny.

I'd think that if a member has moved on to the RLE phase amd wishes to change their profile to female they should have all the privliges of genetic female members.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I'd think that if a member has moved on to the RLE phase amd wishes to change their profile to female they should have all the privliges of genetic female members.

That's up to the genetic female members.

I respectfully request the moderators to close this thread. It's no longer constructive and is only serving to divide us rather than unite us. I call for the end of this discussion. If any of you have any further issues with how the forum is run, please pm the mods or admins and take up your issues with them. Now let's get back to discussing high heels. Thank you. Steve

OK. I have temporarily unlocked this thread just to clear up a few facts: Firstly, UK law has not been transgressed in any way because membership here is voluntary. In addition, we do not provide goods and any services we provide are accessible by all. IE. everyone can read the Girls' Forum but males may not contribute. This is like the fact that a guy can go into a shop and buy a dress but if the changing room is communal he may not try it on. Seconly, the sole reason why guys are excluded from posting in the girls' forum is because a pre-op transexual would claim that they have as much right to post as a post-op. A full time transvestite would claim that she had as much right to post as a pre-op. A Part time TV would claim that she had the same rights as a full timer. A guy who wears skirts would have the same rights as a PTV and before long guys in heels are questioning why they have fewer rights than a guy in a skirt... We had to draw the line somewhere and the line is drawn at birth gender. This hurts me as much as anyone because I am a TS myself but I am here to support this site and uphold the rules.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.