Running in 'HEELS?

Anita C.

Do you ever run in your Stilettos?  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever run in your Stilettos?

I admit that at the age of 54 I seldom run anymore let alone in heels. How about the rest of you? Do you/can you run in your Stilettos without something unfortunate happening? :D Ciao! Anita :

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if I can possibly help it ! As I am nearly always wearing a calf-length straight skirt when I'm wearing heels, the last thing I want to do is start running. Unfortunately there are times when I need to make a quick exit. Running in high heels hurts my bad knee and in the past I have damaged skirts and twisted my ankle doing it. :D

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I've never had a problem running in heels, even in my 5 inchers. I think the 5 1/2 inchers would be a challenge though - I normally go carefully in those! I remember buying my very first girlfriend her very first truly high (4") heels. We were both 15. One of of the first things she said triumphantly was "Look! I can even run in them!". Since then I've seen many girls running in high heels, Usually they've managed it quite OK, but I've seen one or two topple over and collapse in a heap. Once, in St. Ives in Cornwall, a teenage girl was trying to run along the bumpy Cornish cobblestones in a pair of 7" medium-thickness heels with 2" platforms and came a real cropper - flat on her face! Instead of helping her up and seeing if she had hurt herself, an old Cornishman went over and prodded her with his walking stick saying "T'was yer own fault fer wearing them silly newfangled shoes of yourn!". Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Well I never! You've done it yet again Emma! Managed to conjure-up just the right image! I don't know how you keep doing it. Your gift for knowing what's out there and the right source is quite fantastic. You're a genius! That image of the male athlete (I didn't know it was Carl Lewis) in his red 5 1/2" stilettos was on huge posters all over Bristol a while ago, so the good citizens of our city have certainly had a good spell of seeing at least one guy in great heels (or two if they've seen me around!). Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

excellent picture. a change too, most pictures the public see of men in heels is where the picture has been made so that the man looks outrageous and daft, not like when the streetheelers stick their usual fashions. anyway back to topic, i can run short distance in heels, but then i become ankle concious :D

• 5 months later...

Yes, quite often. In fact I think some drivers, seeing the height of my shoes, deliberately speed up as I'm crossing the raod, just to offer the challenge! On Sunday in the church car-park I gained some admiration from a member of the congregation as she saw me run in my 51/2" heels, on gravel no less, to avoid being hit by a reversing car!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all.. I did run one time to catch a taxi, it was raining and i didn't want to walk. I was wearing my black Ellie 8260 15cm pumps. I can tell you that it was really wobbly to run in them;) I was lucky not to trip or twist my ankles, but it was really hard... //Pernilla

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

• 7 months later...

Yes, today actually just a few hours ago. I often need to run for a bus. Especially if I have spent to long flat ironing my hair only to remember that my partner has the car for the day and I am about to miss the last commuter bus. :wave: I would say that I am rather fast in heels too.

What sort of 3 inch plus heels are fastest to run in?

platforms?

thick square soles?

heels with deep treads?

ankle boots?

strappy shoes?

3 inch and no more. I never wear more than 3 inches to work. I am kind of tall. I have not thought about it, but it would have to be something that stays on the foot well, or you just have to walk. :wave:

Just run on your toes.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of height, I was fairly surprised by the amount of people on this message board that are over 6 feet or 1.83 meters tall without heels. I was even more surprised to find out that these people still love to wear ultra tall heels. In fact, some people who have privately messaged me have claimed to be well over 7 feet or 2.13 meters tall. That is getting into basketball player heights!