Same Size For Heels And Flats

Dancer Girl

So many sites about heels talk about getting them a size larger. That seems so strange to me. I have always been a size 7 and as my heel choice got higher I have moved to a 6.5 wherever possible. When my feet are in a 4 or 5 inch heel the toes are jammed against the front of the shoe. As I have very narrow feet if I have a size 7 my heels are constantly out of the shoe when I walk. The smaller size keeps my heels in and my shoes on my feet as I walk. Since anyones toes cannot truly be straight and not bent out of shape in 5 inch heels I wonder why the larger size recommended?

It's definitely a matter of buying what works for you. As for me, I am pretty consistent across all shoe styles in terms of size. From heels to flats, I have only varied a half size at most across different brands but the majority of my shoes, regardless of style, are the same size. I do know that many designer shoes tend to run a little smaller. I once had my eyes on a pair of Christian Louboutins that I desperately wanted but they were nearly a full size too small...and they didn't have a larger size. ;-(( I have also bumped into that same situation with YSL and Stuart Weitzman.

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

• 2 weeks later...